What you think of other Members

Started by Predator Queen, Jul 01, 2010, 04:37:12 AM

Author
What you think of other Members (Read 11,578 times)

TheChazmoch

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jul 27, 2010, 06:06:24 PM
Most of the meanness/harshness comes from is when people say that avp:r is a good movie.

I don't really care what other people think, but if some one said avp:r is a good film I feel betrayed however if they said I like avp:r even though it is a bad movie I am completely fine with it.

For example I like the new Friday the 13th and Halloween films but if I said it in there respective fan sites, I would be disrespected and insulted and everything else. But when I do say it, I say it in a way were I am respected, I don't really know how to explain it. I think the way I do it in the most easily explained way is by saying, I like the originals more and I know these films are bad and awful compared to there original but I like them and would put them in a guilty pleasures list or something similar.

I think I get what you're saying. I can enjoy AVP from time to time, but I don't actually think it's a good movie. I don't mean to bash anyone's personal taste, but I just don't like it. But, like I said, I can still cut loose sometimes and just enjoy a fun movie. I don't want to be like Roger Ebert reviewing Anchorman. No, it's not oscar worhty, but -dammit- I laugh so hard during that movie.

Bloodee Jacob

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 27, 2010, 05:33:57 PM
One thing I learned on this forum is that you need teeth.

But there are some nice people here who I think I get along with. ShadowPred is an awesome guy, really nice dude.

I don't know about anyone else, but Shadow's definitely made my stay here more brighter and pleasant.

-Rakai'Thwei

I haven't been on this site that long at all but I have already come to relize this. You need to be able to hold an "arguement" but not letting it get to out of hand. I've met people like this already that can hold their own in arguements but are decent people even during disagreements which I have honestely had with more then one member. Overall this site does have some decent people though.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: ScarfacePred on Jul 27, 2010, 06:56:54 PM

But there are some nice people here who I think I get along with. ShadowPred is an awesome guy, really nice dude.

I don't know about anyone else, but Shadow's definitely made my stay here more brighter and pleasant.

-Rakai'Thwei

I haven't been on this site that long at all but I have already come to relize this. You need to be able to hold an "arguement" but not letting it get to out of hand. I've met people like this already that can hold their own in arguements but are decent people even during disagreements which I have honestely had with more then one member. Overall this site does have some decent people though.
Or you can be the bigger person and turn the other cheek and avoid such pointless conflicts leaving the other embarrassed.

Bloodee Jacob

Quote from: randy4321 on Jul 27, 2010, 06:59:07 PM

-Rakai'Thwei

Or you can be the bigger person and turn the other cheek and avoid such pointless conflicts leaving the other embarrassed.

I have done this before believe me.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: ScarfacePred on Jul 27, 2010, 07:01:06 PM
Quote from: randy4321 on Jul 27, 2010, 06:59:07 PM

-Rakai'Thwei

I have done this before believe me.
I honestly laugh at things like that on the internet, especially on the forum. people must think they get satisfaction out of winning a debate or something unimportant lol.

MrBrokenTusks.

I feel my post has already been lost to the previous page and because I think it relates amazingly to this thread I will copy and paste it.

Most of the meanness/harshness comes from is when people say that avp:r is a good movie.

I don't really care what other people think, but if some one said avp:r is a good film I feel betrayed however if they said I like avp:r even though it is a bad movie I am completely fine with it.

For example I like the new Friday the 13th and Halloween films but if I said it in there respective fan sites, I would be disrespected and insulted and everything else. But when I do say it, I say it in a way were I am respected, I don't really know how to explain it. I think the way I do it in the most easily explained way is by saying, I like the originals more and I know these films are bad and awful compared to there original but I like them and would put them in a guilty pleasures list or something similar.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jul 27, 2010, 07:07:09 PM
I feel my post has already been lost to the previous page and because I think it relates amazingly to this thread I will copy and paste it.

Actually not hardly. it comes from people who think they can outsmart others in a debate that they dont agree with someone else about. it can be anything.

Space Sweeper

^
I love you, Mister Broken Tusks.

I think Mr.Broken Tusks is a pretty cool guy, because he makes cool avatars/sigs n' stuff, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 28, 2010, 03:43:19 AM
^
I love you, Mister Broken Tusks.

I think Mr.Broken Tusks is a pretty cool guy, because he makes cool avatars/sigs n' stuff, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Sweeper is meme-tastic!

BANE

BANE

Everybody here is an asshole of epic proportions.  >:(

Naw, you guys are cool. I think its 95% awesome and 5% troll/flamer/dumb people/ illiterate, gramatically inept/impossible to stand. You guys are in the 95% awesome.

Corporal Hicks

It's the same as real life really. I like the majority of people here but we have tiffs at times. I remember when I was constantly in arguments with Johnny Handsome but he's a cool guy and I love his signature work. I remember getting off on completely the wrong foot with Domino who I now consider to be a fantastic guy and a really important friend on here.

It's just like another community, another town, another job you do. You love some, you hate some, you tolerate others.

Bloodee Jacob

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 12, 2010, 11:20:08 AM
Everybody here is an asshole of epic proportions.  >:(

Naw, you guys are cool. I think its 95% awesome and 5% troll/flamer/dumb people/ illiterate, gramatically inept/impossible to stand. You guys are in the 95% awesome.

I'm I part of the 5%? lol

TheMonolith

There are lots of interesting discussions to be had here, though many opinions are not shared.
(Glares homicidally at Wolf fans)
However, most people try to treat each other with respect for each other and those different opinions, which is really great.
The members I talk to are great. Fun to talk with and even more fun to listen to.

Nope

Nope

^ This guy is an awsome dude. Plus he believes in Goldblum-Rex.
And on the community,  I love the people here, other wise why the hell would i stay? 8)

Space Sweeper

I like love everybody here, with the exception of like, two people.

...:D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed