What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

So what do you want?

A movie with one xenomorph. Something like Alien or Alien 3.
Just give me a movie with multiple xenomorphs.
Xenomorphs are ok. But I also want other variations like neomorphs and deacons.
I want more Engineers, black goo and strange creatures. Xenomorphs and AI optional.
Author
What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside. (Read 58,680 times)

Russ

But is Jason X better than AvP:R?

Is Jason X's Dallas better than AvP:R's Dallas?

SiL

... f**k that's a tough call.

Yes and no, in that order.

And the former is a "yes" just because the F13 franchise has much lower standards :P

Samhain13

Samhain13

I watched Jason X just a few months ago and don't even remember a Dallas. Too busy mirin Jason's gains to pay attention to names.

SiL

I think Dallas was actually played by the screenwriter, who had a role in the film. He's one of the first to die when Jason starts murdering people in the ship.

Russ

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2019, 12:28:48 PM

And the former is a "yes" just because the F13 franchise has much lower standards :P

Concur - I (sadly) did think about this and realised that I'd watched X many more times that AvP:R... and enjoyed it more than AvP:R.

Stitch

Quote from: Russ on Apr 04, 2019, 12:56:58 PM

Concur - I (sadly) did think about this and realised that I'd watched X many more times that AvP:R... and enjoyed it more than AvP:R.
Thirded. I now want to watch Jason X again.

bb-15

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 07, 2019, 02:06:19 AM
Quote from: Russ on Apr 04, 2019, 12:56:58 PM

Thirded. I now want to watch Jason X again.

After "Prometheus" came out, some on IMDb, who hated it, preferred "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" much more.
The opening sequences in "Prometheus" and "Covenant" show that Ridley was going for something very different from B movie horror.

;)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

In a perfect world I would have a final Ridley Scott prequel film, Neill Blomkamp's Aliens continuation that passes the torch over to adult Newt for further films in that timeline, a Ripley 8 and Call centred post-Resurrection story perhaps an animated film (Sigourney Weaver and Winona Ryder as voice actors), an Aliens vs. Predator film set on an alien planet with Colonial Marines (start of a new trilogy), a Predator film with the return of Dutch, a Dystopian/Cyberpunk Predator film, Historic Predator films and animated anthologies of episodes by different writers and artists with Alien, Predator and AVP focused stories.

The Old One

The Old One

The above description of the Neill Blomkamp film is repugnant.
Neill Blomkamp's better than a cliché passing of the torch narrative.

&
The Alien films were always B-movies elevated to A,
but they haven't been elevated to A for 26 years.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Apr 09, 2019, 01:32:18 PM
In a perfect world I would have a final Ridley Scott prequel film, Neill Blomkamp's Aliens continuation that passes the torch over to adult Newt for further films in that timeline, a Ripley 8 and Call centred post-Resurrection story perhaps an animated film (Sigourney Weaver and Winona Ryder as voice actors), an Aliens vs. Predator film set on an alien planet with Colonial Marines (start of a new trilogy), a Predator film with the return of Dutch, a Dystopian/Cyberpunk Predator film, Historic Predator films and animated anthologies of episodes by different writers and artists with Alien, Predator and AVP focused stories.

Totally up for the Blomkamp film with Hicks and Newt as well as the Ridley conclusion.  Great idea.

The Old One

The Old One

The retcon/passing of the torch idea, is as "Great" as AVP/AVPR.
Fortunately, it's cancelled.

After D9, Elysium and Chappie, why anyone believes Neill Blomkamp's a good choice is beyond my comprehension.

Perfect-Organism

I'm not keen on the passing the torch bit, but a better send-off for the characters would most likely be good for the series.

I can't look away from Chappie.  It's pretty good.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't think so, wasn't good for Halloween, a mediocre film and
they're back in the identical scenario of being unable to move on from marketable characters.

Huggs

Huggs

Newt drowned and hicks was crushed.

Sh*t happens.

How often do we see fatal crashes in reality where multiple members of a family are killed? Sometimes there's only one remaining survivor.

It's harsh and horrifying, but it's plausible and it's real. That the universe chose to be unforgiving after the events of aliens should not be that big of a deal.

Turning Ripley and Newt into old and young Sarah Connor is a money grabbing copout, that would serve no purpose other than to take something that has achieved a status of art, and turn it into a ludicrous cliche binge that hopefully attracts a younger crowd and their money. It would destroy the very soul of the franchise. Let Jurassic, and terminator, and star wars, and now the predator, and every other once proud franchise drag their knuckles across the ground for money.

Don't do it to Alien.

I firmly reject the notion that Ellen Ripley and co. are necessary for continued quality and success of the franchise.

#crewexpendable

Samhain13

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed