NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition)

Started by RoaryUK, Dec 16, 2011, 01:37:39 AM

Author
NEW Prometheus scan from Premier Magazine (French Edition) (Read 36,065 times)

Ash 937

Most of the released pics in magazines look ridiculously airbrushed to me.  I hope this is just cheesiness and not  some consequence of the 3D cameras.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

I'm french. Give me time I'm not at home right now.

Edit: Nothing special to translate. Alien or not Alien ?. That's all. No major news.

BonesawT101

diggin' the new image

Eldritch

He's (David) is probably thinking "Holy shit, it's Ridley Scott!"

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I found this one over at Alien experience, it seems to show more of the detail buried in the darkness

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm link=topic=41 :)258.msg1243299#msg1243299 date=1324037316
I found this one over at Alien experience, it seems to show more of the detail buried in the darkness

Shasvre

Never say no to Panda!

No it's a melon...an evil one.
Of course it is!  ;)

Shasvre

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 16, 2011, 12:14:45 PMNo it's a melon...an evil one.
Of course it is!  ;)

Just checked the main page, seems like that is old news to everyone but me. I had only seen a cropped version of that picture before. :laugh:

Gazz

The same picture is in the latest issue of Empire magazine with a one page article. I'll write it up for you guys when I can be arsed  :P

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm link=topic=41 :)258.msg1243299#msg1243299 date=1324037316

Yeah, I posted this on one of their forums, just a few simple enhancements really, some did a better job than me but its ok

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 16, 2011, 02:26:01 PM

Yeah, I posted this on one of their forums, just a few simple enhancements really, some did a better job than me but its ok

Okay, well, I suppose as the end of the day I'm just interested in seeing more of the structure of the thing rather than anything else specific, and that one seems to show the most

Swanajax

This is my first ever post and I apologise if this subject is in the wrong thread. I am a massive fan of the original Alien movie and I'm very excited that Ridley Scott has returned to make a prequel in the form of Prometheus, but I'm a little worried that there will be some major discrepancies which will effect the original Alien movie and will also hopefully render all the other spin off xenomorph franchise movies obselete. My first issue is when Dallas enters the derelict and first sees the SJ that he states it appears to be fossilised, I realise through the forum discusions that this could be a biomechanical suit, but I really enjoyed the idea that the derelict had been there for 100s of thousands of years and existing in it's cargo was a deadly dormant species laying in waiting for it's next victim left there by the SJ. I only say this because when Kane entered the egg chamber there was what appeared to be a laser warning system in place which would imply to me that a superior intellegent race to that of the alien had concealed the eggs in the hold. The difficulty I have is that Prometheus is set only decades before the original Alien movie and there appears to be no indication that the xenomorph creature existed and that the SJ is very much alive. Although this maybe a good thing? If the SJ had created the Alien in this time frame, none of the terrible AVP movies would be relevant, that in itself would be a masterstroke by mr RS.
I have another three or four issues I would like to discuss about the Prometheus plot hopefully to help alleviate my worries and to  get me through the next few months of anticipation.
Laters Swanajax.   :)

Corporal Hicks

I've requested a hq copy from Fox.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Swanajax on Dec 16, 2011, 03:25:13 PM
This is my first ever post and I apologise if this subject is in the wrong thread. I am a massive fan of the original Alien movie and I'm very excited that Ridley Scott has returned to make a prequel in the form of Prometheus, but I'm a little worried that there will be some major discrepancies which will effect the original Alien movie and will also hopefully render all the other spin off xenomorph franchise movies obselete. My first issue is when Dallas enters the derelict and first sees the SJ that he states it appears to be fossilised, I realise through the forum discusions that this could be a biomechanical suit, but I really enjoyed the idea that the derelict had been there for 100s of thousands of years and existing in it's cargo was a deadly dormant species laying in waiting for it's next victim left there by the SJ. I only say this because when Kane entered the egg chamber there was what appeared to be a laser warning system in place which would imply to me that a superior intellegent race to that of the alien had concealed the eggs in the hold. The difficulty I have is that Prometheus is set only decades before the original Alien movie and there appears to be no indication that the xenomorph creature existed and that the SJ is very much alive. Although this maybe a good thing? If the SJ had created the Alien in this time frame, none of the terrible AVP movies would be relevant, that in itself would be a masterstroke by mr RS.
I have another three or four issues I would like to discuss about the Prometheus plot hopefully to help alleviate my worries and to  get me through the next few months of anticipation.
Laters Swanajax.   :)

Hello and welcome,

The time descrepancy has been something talked about on a lot of different forums.  A couple opinions are:

1) The atmosphere--being described as primordial--caused the premature fossilization of mr space jockey.

2) Dallas didn't really understand what he was looking at an maybe thats the way the space jockey looks after they die.

3) There will be some wormhole/time travel aspect in Prometheus to explaine the time issue.  This probably is the least desirable possibilty by most people, but some Prometheus synopsis of questionable origin mention the crew travelling through a wormhole and going back in time.

Gash

There is another possibility: That we are not seeing the same SJ and derelict at all, but something from the same race.

However, fossilisation never made sense, ossification perhaps. But Dallas wasn't the science officer so his interpretation need not carry any weight.

I'm personally not that keen on time travel and wormholes as that still seems a little far fetched for the Alien universe, but being a fan of the original film only, I'm confident that whatever story Ridley gives us it will be the best expansion of  A L I E N  in 32 years. I'm hoping for a mature story, one that puts to shame the downward slope into juvenile shlock of the 'franchise.' As long as it does that I can give it a lot of leeway in the way things like long assumed ideas about the SJ are handled.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed