Ridley Scott Talks Alien Prequel

Started by Darkness, Oct 29, 2009, 12:22:58 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Alien Prequel (Read 11,314 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Ridley Scott has finally spoken about the upcoming Alien prequel for the first time in an interview with Empire. The article implies that they won’t revisit LV-426 or the space jockeys in the prequel. The story will take place about 30 years before Alien, however.

Since the prequel was announced, it's been assumed that it would tell the story of how those nasty, slavering xenomorphs came to land on LV-426 in the first place. But after listening to Sir Ridley, suddenly we're not so sure...

"It's a brand new box of tricks," said Sir Ridley. "We know what the road map is, and the screenplay is now being put on paper. The prequel will be a while ago. It's very difficult to put a year on Alien, but [for example] if Alien was towards the end of this century, then the prequel story will take place thirty years prior."

Interesting. And damned intriguing, to boot. Presumably, rather than make a film about how those massive elephantine aliens (remember the giant pilot with his chest blown outwards in Sir Ridley's original?) were decimated by the acid-blooded bastards, Sir Ridley and his writer, Jon Spaihts, have decided to reboot the story in an attempt to give it a human focus.

"I never thought I'd look forward to a sequel," said Sir Ridley. "But a prequel is kind of interesting. I'm looking forward to doing that."

Thanks to Harvey Weinstein for the news.

ShadowPred

YAY, no Space Jockey Origin story!

Purebreedalien

Awesome, finally some news.    :)  

Xeno

Xeno

WTF??? No Space Jockeys?Oh come on !!!   >:(  

CANNON

CANNON

All i got to say is, you alien fans are extremly lucky. Because you have original and genius directors who take the project seriously. Us predator fans are let down by a over the top Robert Rodriguez script.. im looking foward to this alien movie more than i am predators. And im a huge pred fan...

stealth bunny

We've got to trust ridley, he kinda knows what he's talking about !! , I'm looking forward to hearing more.

dachande89

I'm happy they are staying away from the Jockey scope. So it's going to be with humans, and maybe it will explain how Weyland- Yuatani knew that there was a signal on the derelict about the Alien (i know it says not involving LV-426, but maybe it would give a background idea or something).

Bakub

Bakub

This film is going to be good.  But the predators.....ermm...eehh...NO!!!!!!!!!

JRZNIN

JRZNIN

For god's sake please cast some real actors in this film. And perhaps people who can fit the role?

Cellien

Cellien

Watch out folks 'cuz Sir Scott is a PIAMP!

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Sounds good to me.  Seems like Scott is distancing the prequel from the current movies. Very smart if you ask me. I like the idea that our technology wont be quite as advanced as it is in ALIEN.  Spaceships will hopefully look closer to the sort of thing NASA puts in space, closing the gap, it'll probably look more like 2001: A Space Odyssey or maybe Danny Boyles Sunshine.

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

That is great news about new alien movies i can,t wait see origins of alien.

Rob

Rob

Im liking the sound of this!

MasterRich

awesome! If he can make Alien Prequel look like it was 30 years prior to ALIEN and the two movies transition well then it's a pure win!    ;D  

predalien27

Good that all the mysteries of this franchise are not going to be figured out.  The later Alien movies explained the Aliens to not being that freightening.  The Space jockey is the franchises biggest mystery.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed