The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,572 times)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 01:31:00 PM
Spoiler
I assumed that some time had passed since the entire (surprisingly large) army of Unsullied and Dothraki were assembled in front of the Red Keep as well.
[close]

Spoiler
Agreed, there is an entire scene between Jon leaving Greyworm as he executes prisoners and Jon arriving at the long stairs. A rather drawn out scene of Tyrion discovering Jaime and Cersi's bodies. This time lapse would be considered linear since nothing suggests that Tyrion's scene was happening simultaneously to Jon arriving at the long stairs.. 

Someone traveling across great distances over the lands of Westeros lickity split like your season 7 scenario would be a good example of teleporting. Greyworm traveling just a few yards or whatever short distance it was from a city street to the long stairs can hardly be labeled teleporting.

Point is, there's more than plenty of glaring flaws to criticize the writing without pointing out ones that are questionable whether they really are continuity flaws.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

This one made me laugh:

#BranStark

Local Trouble

Without Bran's insight, Dany and Jon may have actually lived happily ever after.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 02:12:09 PM
Without Bran's insight, Dany and Jon may have actually lived happily ever after.

Which may have kept Dany from snapping.

Bran, the evil genius?

Local Trouble

Yep.  Had they remained blissfully ignorant of Jon's true lineage, it's entirely possible that Dany would have married him as Davos, Varys and Tyrion discussed.  That should have satisfied the north as well, I'd think.

Biomechanoid

And once again, another coffee to go.....

They just didn't give a hoot about stage accuracy at all anymore, did they.

Local Trouble

In all fairness, doesn't pretty much every TV show or movie have the occasional blooper like that?  It's barely even visible.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 20, 2019, 02:42:58 PM
In all fairness, doesn't pretty much every TV show or movie have the occasional blooper like that?  It's barely even visible.

There's no defending this horrendous flaw!!!

Sorry......I couldn't resist......  :laugh:

Highland

Highland

Well my Star Wars Hater Brethren, I'm gona have to divide into a sub group.

.... I actually quite liked the ending. Show definitely needed 2 more episodes minimum, but I dig it. I may do the whole thing again if I ever get put in Prison.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on May 20, 2019, 02:54:16 PM

.... I actually quite liked the ending. Show definitely needed 2 more episodes minimum, but I dig it. I may do the whole thing again if I ever get put in Prison.

So what you are saying is you'll be watching it again.

Local Trouble

Spoiler
I can't help but wonder how long Bronn will tolerate the boredom of being the realm's Master of Coin.  :laugh:
[close]

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2019, 03:04:48 PM

Also I 100% knew
Spoiler
That John was gona pat that Wolf before he did, I was like - Well played Directors, Well played
[close]

First Blood

I enjoyed the ending. The right people lived. Almost makes me want to start from the beginning again.

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: Highland on May 20, 2019, 03:11:26 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2019, 03:04:48 PM

Also I 100% knew
Spoiler
That John was gona pat that Wolf before he did, I was like - Well played Directors, Well played
[close]
Spoiler
I've seen several people point out that it may be a scene from an earlier season. Just with the time of day changed and all that.
[close]

Shasvre

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed