The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,611 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 03, 2014, 06:41:43 PM
Plus I think such blatant audience trolling will strain the show when it's in the position it's in now with not very many likeable people to follow. It certainly strained me.

Spoiler
Dat stoneheart though. Finally lol.
[close]

Shit dude, if the day Davos, Stannis and Melisandre ever die I am f**king out.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Word, Riggs. ^ :D Davos is another good guy torch-bearer, and I really do like Stannis even though he's kind of an evil c**t. The red woman... yeesh.

It's hard knowing the book story because some parts with those characters really drag. I wonder where HBO's gonna take it because I know they have to speed things up a bit to fit it all in another two seasons.

I'm sure it's going to come to a point where the show has outpaced the books, and some big fans of the books may have to stop watching.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 03, 2014, 06:54:27 PM
It's hard knowing the book story because some parts with those characters really drag. I wonder where HBO's gonna take it because I know they have to speed things up a bit to fit it all in another two seasons.

They'll speed up by having Melisandre naked in every scene. Because HBO. :laugh: I'll laugh my ass off at the fanbase imploding if she ever dies or gets recast.

Xenodog

Xenodog

It was one of the moments in the show I was most looking forward to. I don't know why I didn't expect them to use it to throw in some extra gore and up their gross-out factor, should've known better by now, I was just hoping for something closer to Eddard's death in tone and style. It still would've been as effective, just more heartbreaking than nauseating.
His head was literally destroyed. To have such a massively visceral death and display of human strength and aggression, it's best to show it full form I.M.O. If not then you might have mistaken it for just a simple punch. Which it wasn't.

Plus I think such blatant audience trolling will strain the show when it's in the position it's in now with not very many likeable people to follow. It certainly strained me.
Blatant 'audience trolling' is Martin's doing and not the show runner's.

Eva

Eva

Wow, that ended up brutal.... even when you know how that duel ends in the book, I was sort of surprised how visceral they took it.

Littlefinger is one seriously cool and calculating motherf..... I know that 'The Viper' is a reference to Prince Oberyn, but the real venomous snake in this story is Baelish.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Does that make Sansa the Mountain, then?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Castiel on Jun 03, 2014, 06:18:29 PM
From Lena Headey's Twitter account.

Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

;D

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2014, 07:29:28 PM
Quote from: Castiel on Jun 03, 2014, 06:18:29 PM
From Lena Headey's Twitter account.

Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

;D

...is she claiming to be the real Lady Stoneheart? :D

Xenodog

Xenodog

Spoiler

Apparently they steal your car after killing you.
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Xenodog

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 03, 2014, 07:39:13 PM
Spoiler

Apparently they steal your car after killing you.
[close]

If they started hitchhiking to get around, I'd get a car...! :)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 03, 2014, 07:39:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb25PSy1MGU#noexternalembed-ws

UNF, (booo no playback on here)

Too soon XD

Lol FINISH HIM FINISH HIM FINISH HIM

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Eva

Eva

Well... look at it this way;

Spoiler
while I'm pretty sure Oberyn isn't happy with the unexpected outcome of that duel, it actually ends up setting things in motion between the Lannisters that will ultimately lead to their destruction and demise as a power factor (from what I've read so far in the books). So, Oberyn might get his revenge in the end, more so than he could ever have imagined.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed