The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,592 times)

Eva

Eva

I'm so not gonna read all these spoiler tags.... I haven't read book 5 yet... :-X

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, definitely don't open them. We're talking about the ending (like, stuff during the final 100 pages or so) of book five there. :D

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2014, 12:39:19 AM
Yeah, definitely don't open them. We're talking about the ending (like, stuff during the final 100 pages or so) of book five there. :D

Ahh, thx.

I'll be kind and spare you of a clever response in the shape of a familiar monster scoreboard...

Spoiler
- nope, nothing to see here. I was being serious. :D
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2014, 12:27:58 AM
Huge book spoiler:

Spoiler
Personally, I think that Jon is dead. That being said, I don't think that he is going to stay dead.

We know from Thoros, eric, and Catelyn that R'Hollor (or, if R'Hollor isn't real, the magic/sorcery that the red priests use) can bring people back to life in some form or another, and Melisandre is at the Wall with Jon.

I think it goes a step further, though. Melisandre seems to believe that Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, but I think that Jon is a much more likely candidate. Maybe through his "death" he will fulfill that prophecy and be reborn.

The Night's Watch oath is for life, and if Jon dies and comes back then, technically, he should be free of that oath. He can go do what he has to do without acting within the confines of the Watch.
[close]

Duh, how could I not notice that. I hope you're right; that would be so awesome. Some great moments that this dark series needs!

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2014, 12:27:58 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on May 03, 2014, 11:44:30 PM
And

Spoiler
Book spoiler
Spoiler
I really, really hope that doesn't happen to Jon. Doesn't he end up wounded badly by his own men in the end of ADWD? But his death is left open, iirc. If they kill Jon, my motivation to continue watching the show will plummet dramatically, and I don't think I'm alone there.
[close]
[close]

Huge book spoiler:

Spoiler
Personally, I think that Jon is dead. That being said, I don't think that he is going to stay dead.

We know from Thoros, eric, and Catelyn that R'Hollor (or, if R'Hollor isn't real, the magic/sorcery that the red priests use) can bring people back to life in some form or another, and Melisandre is at the Wall with Jon.

I think it goes a step further, though. Melisandre seems to believe that Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn, but I think that Jon is a much more likely candidate. Maybe through his "death" he will fulfill that prophecy and be reborn.

The Night's Watch oath is for life, and if Jon dies and comes back then, technically, he should be free of that oath. He can go do what he has to do without acting within the confines of the Watch.
[close]

Aye. My thoughts too.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That was a helluva fight.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 05, 2014, 04:30:36 AM

Yes.

Can I have a Ghost for my bday pls?

Spoiler
Just when I thought deaths can't get much more gruesome in this show, Tanner bites it.  ;)

Couldn't help myself  :P
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I can't help but be so entertained by The Hound and Arya.

Solid episode tonight. A little faster-paced, but damn they need to move it along lmfao.

Show spoiler:
Spoiler
Bran driving Hodor around like an avatar had me in stitches. :laugh:
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 05, 2014, 04:30:36 AM
Gods I'm looking forward to it now.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Cersei was unusually kind to Margaery. But remember what she said about calling her sister again... :laugh:

Spoiler
I didn't expect Locke to bite it that quickly. Oh, well.
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEb5pEMC7fw#ws

Looks like Stannis is going to Braavos. 8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Missed the episode last night, gonna have to try to catch it tonight. Looking forward to it :)

First Blood

First Blood

Good episode. Next week looks even better.

Spoiler
Stannis! Theon's sister!
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on May 05, 2014, 01:43:43 PM
Good episode. Next week looks even better.

Spoiler
Theon's sister!
[close]

She have a name, you know. ::)

Spoiler
Or two. :laugh:
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Aye, this was a great episode.
I'm not liking how sympathetic they're making Cersei though. :/
Arya and the Hound steal the show as ever. Another great scene.
Battle of Craster's keep was great; love that John and Ghost are reunited.
Spoiler
Excellent taster for the battle of the Wall...
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenodog on May 05, 2014, 09:37:11 PM
I'm not liking how sympathetic they're making Cersei though. :/

She's trying to ingratiate herself towards Tyrion's judges.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed