The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,527 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: •ONEYE• on Jun 05, 2013, 08:46:12 PM
Cool episode, unexpected.

Can someone explain, "What is dead, may never die." What the hell kind of a motto/saying is that. It sound dumber than a bag of hammers.
The Ironborn believe in a Drowned God. It's dead already, so cannot die/be defeated. They also undergo baptism where they are expected to drown and then be resuscitated. Connect from there.

m41guy

m41guy

I agree with both of you Kimhari and SpaceMarines. 

Book 4&5 spoilers.
Spoiler
I was pretty sure that Mel is going to bring him back and that "death" will end his watch.  I'm hoping that Robb's will will show up in the next book and legitimize him too, I'd hate to see it wasted.  Also, I kinda think she saw Jon in the flames and was sort of using Stannis as a means to get to him.  Not that she was completely using Stannis, I think that maybe she saw Stannis first, then Jon.  Or later saw Stannis leading her to Jon.
[close]

MrLee

MrLee

Only nicholas cage could do justice to the reactions i had to that episode.

Really shocked me n pissed me off, kinda ruined the story for me.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: MrLee on Jun 05, 2013, 10:36:17 PM
Only nicholas cage could do justice to the reactions i had to that episode.

Really shocked me n pissed me off, kinda ruined the story for me.
Spoiler
The bigger picture isn't Robb's story. He is only one component of a richer tapestry. Stick with it and be rewarded.
[close]

That Yellow Alien

Cal427eb

•ONEYE•

•ONEYE•

Valaquen

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 06, 2013, 11:42:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM60cVXk1us#ws
This is the last song on the soundtrack, right? If so, what do you people think "for the realm" will mean for the ending? Is there any part of the book where that line would fit?

m41guy

m41guy

I gots me an idear.

Book spoiler.
Spoiler
I think it fits when Davos convinces Stannis in order to get the throne he should save the Realm first by going to the Wall and help the Night's Watch.  But that's a bit ahead of the show I would think(would be next season).  There wouldn't be time for Jon to get back to the Wall and have letters dispatched that Wildlings are invading.
[close]

As far as the show goes, I haven't really got a clue. 

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Guys, I've got a question that buggs me... it's no book Spoiler, just a question about Jon Snow in the last Episode:

Spoiler
After he has killed all the Wildlings except Tormund and Yigritte, why would he run away? He defeated almost the entire Group. Plus Yigritte is clearly so in love with Jon that she would tackle Tormund together with him and Jon knows that. And to top it all: He has got 2 freackin' dire wolves whom he knows very well... so he could have easily finished Tormund with their help.
Why ride away? Why flee? He has got the upper Hand!!!

Is this just bad screenwriting or am I missing something?

As far as I remember from the books

Spoiler
he hardly killed half the Wildlings of the Group so that's why he ran away...
[close]

[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 06, 2013, 07:13:41 PM
Guys, I've got a question that buggs me... it's no book Spoiler, just a question about Jon Snow in the last Episode:

Spoiler
After he has killed all the Wildlings except Tormund and Yigritte, why would he run away? He defeated almost the entire Group. Plus Yigritte is clearly so in love with Jon that she would tackle Tormund together with him and Jon knows that. And to top it all: He has got 2 freackin' dire wolves whom he knows very well... so he could have easily finished Tormund with their help.

Spoiler
[close]

[close]
Spoiler
He doesn't want to be caught in a situation where Ygritte could be hurt, either by fighting for or against him.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

[close]

Spoiler
Are you absolutely sure he killed all the wildlings in the show? Weren't there like ten or fifteen of them at least? I don't remember if he killed them all myself. :-\

Maybe he just liked Tormund to much to kill him on the spot. Or he didn't want to take the risk of having to fight Ygritte, even if it's unlikely she would have turned against him right then.
[close]

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Shasvre on Jun 06, 2013, 07:16:31 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

[close]

Spoiler
Are you absolutely sure he killed all the wildlings in the show? Weren't there like ten or fifteen of them at least? I don't remember if he killed them all myself. :-\

Maybe he just liked Tormund to much to kill him on the spot. Or he didn't want to take the risk of having to fight Ygritte, even if it's unlikely she would have turned against him right then.
[close]

Spoiler
In the book didn't Orell die later than he did in the TV show?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed