The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 463,623 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: EEV2650 on Apr 22, 2013, 05:34:30 AM
^ Who is that again?
Beric Dondarrion, played by a different actor for his 2 second cameo in season 1.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 22, 2013, 01:46:24 PM
^ Who is that again?
Beric Dondarrion, played by a different actor for his 2 second cameo in season 1.

I usually hate it when characters get recast, but I had no problem with Beric Dondarrion being recast. I understand that they couldn't have cast a fantastic actor to play Beric, and only have him on-screen for two seconds in Season 1, and then not appear again until Season 3. Unlike the recasting of Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane (I haven't got a problem with Ian Whyte - but, Conan Stevens embodied everything I pictured about The Mountain from the books), I've got no issues with the Beric Dondarrion recasting.

I am intrigued to see whether they recast Ser Ilyn Payne, seeing as Wilko Johnson won't be returning. Personally, I would rather they just either write the character out like they did with Old Nan.

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Michael Harper on Apr 22, 2013, 10:50:06 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 22, 2013, 07:32:33 AM
This shit's gone all-out amazing.

Spoiler
Sympathy for Theon and Jaime, Daenerys becoming one of the most cunning, powerful, and influential people in Westeros, the Night's Watch falling apart completely, Joffrey finally facing his peasants... how did we get here?!

Shit is going down.

RIP Jeor Mormont.  :'(
[close]

Spoiler
When Theon said, "my real father lost his head in King's Landing" - I found that to be a really sad moment.
[close]

Me too.
Spoiler
Reading when he comes back into the story you can tell he felt bad for betraying his 'real' family but hearing him say it really struck a chord.
[close]

Quote from: Michael Harper on Apr 22, 2013, 02:59:45 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 22, 2013, 01:46:24 PM
^ Who is that again?

I usually hate it when characters get recast, but I had no problem with Beric Dondarrion being recast. I understand that they couldn't have cast a fantastic actor to play Beric, and only have him on-screen for two seconds in Season 1, and then not appear again until Season 3. Unlike the recasting of Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane (I haven't got a problem with Ian Whyte - but, Conan Stevens embodied everything I pictured about The Mountain from the books), I've got no issues with the Beric Dondarrion recasting.

I am intrigued to see whether they recast Ser Ilyn Payne, seeing as Wilko Johnson won't be returning. Personally, I would rather they just either write the character out like they did with Old Nan.

I could see them writing him out...maybe. Old Nan, you can easily say she was killed when Winterfell was sacked so that's more easily done. Illyn Payne's role is not yet done in the series.

Great episode, awesome to see the queen of Thorns again! I liked her and Varys bantering, I think she actually shocked him as well, lol. Seeing Tywin put Cersei in her place was good, hope to see more, well we should at least once more. Also, can't wait to see Tywin and Joffrey discuss their "different ways of doing things"... Can't wait or next week, Lord Beric vs the Hound,
Spoiler
the bear vs the maiden and maybe, just maybe Sam the Slayer
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yes! Yes! YES!

;D

This episode was all that I had been hoping for. I don't need to mention how awesome it was seeing Daenerys taking command of her army, but I would like to add that I simply loved her outfit for this episode. This is the first time she have really looked like a ruler, like a queen.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the Hound go up against Dondarrion next week. Those of you who haven't read the books are in for a surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZxmaLw-aGk#ws

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Fantastic episode.

Although I must question why they felt the need to include the foetus jars, because I'm pretty damn sure those were NOT in the books. That's the kinda detail that tends to stick in your mind.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Just started watching... holy f**k that fight was amazing.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 29, 2013, 04:21:01 AM
Fantastic episode.

Although I must question why they felt the need to include the foetus jars, because I'm pretty damn sure those were NOT in the books. That's the kinda detail that tends to stick in your mind.
Spoiler
Not in the book but they'll likely be used in place of the leeches, since they have king's blood in them and there's no Edric Storm character at Dragonstone.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ah. Makes sense.

Thought they were just gonna introduce him a bit late.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Excellent episode. It took 25 episodes, but Jon Snow finally got laid. :laugh:

Spoiler
Robb, you fool. :'(
[close]

Looking forward to seeing the wildlings climbing the wall next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yiX35ddHRU#ws

First Blood

First Blood

Really enjoyed the hell out of the recent episode. Don't know what sort of ancient f**kery the Brotherhood Without Banners is tapped into but I like it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Can we just give Nikolaj Coster-Waldau the Emmy already? The breakdown speech in the bath house was one of the best scenes in the series so far... hell, this entire episode was one of the best in the series.

m41guy

m41guy

It was, it really was.

I feel like a broken record every week now but they are really getting better as they go, I don't remember feeling this about either the last 2 seasons.  I REALLY HATE not being able to hit next on my dvd remote  :laugh:.

Book Spoilers
Spoiler
Anyone else have a hard time feeling sympathetic towards Robb?  He was my favorite character and I cheered until the end for him to go to King's Landing and get Sansa, then return to rebuild(or finish rebuilding) Winterfell.  Anyways, it feels like they really took a lot out of supporting him, by decisions TV Robb has made.  Also, by not not having his other supporters around since he was crowned King(Umber, Mormont, Glover, Bracken, etc), it really seems like his Army is built on Karstarks, Boltons and now some Tullys.  I really wanted the RW to feel as heartwrentching onscreen as it was in the book, if not moreso since you see it happening.  I'm nervous it won't go down like that if anything, more like a lot of people's "I told you so".
[close]

Loved the Bath scene, finally getting to hear his side of what happened between him and Arys.

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 29, 2013, 09:58:47 PM
Really enjoyed the hell out of the recent episode. Don't know what sort of ancient f**kery the Brotherhood Without Banners is tapped into but I like it.

Thoros is a Red Priest similar to Melissandre, their God is R'hllor the Lord of Light.  And they do some really cool shit ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Best part of this week's episode so far (not done with it yet) is the fact that Highlander is now canon.

;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Ygritte...

Spoiler
...looked better with her clothes on. :-[
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed