The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 461,082 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: coolbreeze on Mar 04, 2012, 11:53:48 PM
Nice. Now I feel torn between the 2 covers lol

Pledge your loyalty to your Khaleesi and buy the Targaryen set. ;D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Here's the HD version of the Seven Devils trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3RflsNxak#ws

Just... just give it to me now.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 05, 2012, 02:52:26 AM

No emoticon can adequately express my glee.

Shasvre

Shasvre

"Anyone can be killed."

That pretty much says it all. :D

First Blood

First Blood

I am looking forward to seeing the Nights Watch go beyond the Wall even more. One more month...

ace3g

Shasvre

Shasvre

Saw that earlier today. The crow with three eyes was a nice touch.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 05, 2012, 11:45:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0gsnRw4G_I#ws

Aye, that was nice. Tried posting it earlier but Fox had some copyright law against the video.

And I am about two hundred pages into A Clash of Kings, and loving the hell out of it. The scene when Lightbringer was forged and Stannis grabbed it from the fire was a cool chapter to read. And I also loved the part in which Ser Jorah Mormont described his back-story about the woman he loved to Daenerys in the abandoned city. And I most recently finished the chapter in which Jon and the Nights Watch came across White-tree, one of a few abandoned villages beyond the Wall. :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 05, 2012, 11:59:52 PMAnd I also loved the part in which Ser Jorah Mormont described his back-story about the woman he loved to Daenerys in the abandoned city.
I really liked that part as well.

Spoiler
[close]

As for Jon's story, I felt that it moved a bit to slow in A Clash of Kings when I first read it. But having read A Storm of Swords as well, I now think it works as a perfect build up to when the big stuff is going down later on.

First Blood

First Blood

Oh, I am f**king saving that. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just bought this. :)

A fun fact; Stephen Warbeck was originally supposed to do the score for this, but left the project and was replaced with Ramin Djawadi. However, he did score another movie that year, There Be Dragons. Pretty fitting. :laugh:

By the way, how is A Clash of Kings coming along, First Blood?

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
I didn't read much today, Theon returned to Pyke and met with his father Balon who is a rather mean old f**k, to join Robb's cause, but he set his sights on something else. Arya & Yoren and the folks headed for the Wall were attacked by Lannister banners. Bran heard grievances from Lords at Winterfell, and I am really starting to like Osha as a character. And, I am loving watching Tyrion deceive everyone and set events in motion. The scene when he met with Cersei and promptly left and then went to meet with Varys under the brothel had me on edge. I love the duel of wits between Varys and Tyrion. It's ever so fun. Just finished the chapter in which he convinced Littlefinger to get Lysa on their side.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Spoiler
Littlefinger and Lysa, that's going to turn out interesting.

Also, I hope you haven't spoiler yourself on what Theon's new goal is. It certainly sets big things in motion.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 07, 2012, 01:48:38 AM
Spoiler
Littlefinger and Lysa, that's going to turn out interesting.

Also, I hope you haven't spoiler yourself on what Theon's new goal is. It certainly sets big things in motion.
[close]

Spoiler
Sweet. Can't wait. And I am very curious to know what what was in the vile that Tyrion took out of Pycelle's chambers. And what the chains are for. He's asked iron smiths to start building chains for him. Oh, and Davos, Stannis and everyone at Dragonstone are cold hearted pricks and I love them. I highly look forward to Stephen Dillane's portrayal of Stannis.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Spoiler
Yeah, I didn't really figure the chain out until the very end either.

I wouldn't call Davos cold hearted, he's very much the voice of reason in Stannis' court. And he probably have the biggest heart of all of them. His influence over Stannis makes a very big difference in A Storm of Swords actually.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed