Alien Seventh Circle

Started by felix, Mar 18, 2024, 10:26:21 PM

Author
Alien Seventh Circle (Read 2,182 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SM on Mar 27, 2024, 01:34:01 AMYou're too kind.

I just found the actual story file, that I only had a vague recollection of writing.  Almost finished too. About 1400 words, and I only cringed once - maybe twice - re-reading it.
Don't suppose you're going to put it up in the fan fiction section? Or pitch or to the mouse house again?

SM

SM

Dunno.  Perhaps. It's not finished.  And I don't have any contacts at Fox anymore.

Plus I think more has come out about Amanda since 2020? So it might need a revision.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Mar 27, 2024, 02:59:29 AMDunno.  Perhaps. It's not finished.  And I don't have any contacts at Fox anymore.

Plus I think more has come out about Amanda since 2020? So it might need a revision.

Since Rescue, I think all we've had was a tidbit in Colony War. Unless there was other mention in the other RPG trilogy that I can't recall.

Spoiler
Basically, she's got cancer, is put in cryo while her husband tries to find a cure or something like that. And this is all around the timeframe of Aliens so she's not actually a super old woman.
[close]

I really don't remember it that well. Colony War was just shite.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Mar 27, 2024, 01:15:34 AMLawyer in Wisconsin tries to return a package to Ellen Ripley after flags pop up on the Network from Ripley searching for information on Amanda. Old terminally ill Amanda has left a video about her life in case her mother ever turns up, including stuff that's password protected. Lawyer goes to Burke's office trying to find out how to get in contact with Ripley.  An exec assistant says Burke is offworld, and Ripley's gone with him and isn't sure when they'll be back.

Final passage would be black fingernails typing LUCKYSTAR on an old video tablet. Ripley 8 watches as Old Amanda says 'You'll never guess what happened to me'.

This is cute, actually. Quite like this.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I remember them being averse to anything Resurrection though right?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The way things are going right now, with the setting of both Romulus and Hawley's series, they almost seem to be averse to anything post-Aliens at the moment.

Almost makes one wonder if there's still a "break glass in case of emergency" contingency plan to do a movie with Ripley (or, more likely, Newt) set after Aliens if things were to go awry.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I more meant the expanded universe aversion to anything Resurrection, but yes, that might also be a factor.

Local Trouble

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 27, 2024, 09:41:30 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 27, 2024, 02:59:29 AMDunno.  Perhaps. It's not finished.  And I don't have any contacts at Fox anymore.

Since Rescue, I think all we've had was a tidbit in Colony War. Unless there was other mention in the other RPG trilogy that I can't recall.

Spoiler
Basically, she's got cancer, is put in cryo while her husband tries to find a cure or something like that. And this is all around the timeframe of Aliens so she's not actually a super old woman.
[close]

I really don't remember it that well. Colony War was just shite.

Nothing new in the RPG about Amanda, Colony War is the last bit of info we got. The cherry on the top of the mountain of cringe. :P Since E. Ripley is dead, Fox literally went: lets retcon and put the only remaining widely liked Ripley on ice, just in case... :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed