Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 283,621 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 27, 2014, 09:33:08 AM
Sure, why not?

I want to believe that. I sincerely do.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 27, 2014, 08:22:01 AM
The Hish was because John Shirley didn't know about the Yautja.

That and he was told to ignore everything which came before any of his written material, at least from what I have read on the John Shirley thread anyway based from memory.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 27, 2014, 08:22:01 AM
I always used to try and get the authors to interact here but...not always a good idea unfortunately.

Well, writers are only human. They can't please everyone with their portrayal of the creatures.

happypred

Any idea when this line is hitting shelves? Mid-2014 or late 2014?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: happypred on Mar 27, 2014, 03:28:06 PM
Any idea when this line is hitting shelves? Mid-2014 or late 2014?

They're announcing release dates at ECCC this weekend. I'm hoping they start no later than July or August, unless this is going to spill over into 2015.

Colored version of the Paul Pope cover and a new interview with Paul Tobin over at http://multiversitycomics.com/interviews/exclusive-paul-pope-covers-and-paul-tobin-explores-the-mysterious-of-prometheus-interview/.

QuotePT: All I can really talk about at this point is that it concerns a particular desolate moon, and a group with mixed agendas, a realization that everything is not anywhere NEAR what they expected, and a healthy does of Things Going Wrong. Many of the events in the other series spring out from the Prometheus series that I and artist Juan Ferreyra are building... a mixture of horror, and more horror, and also some terror.

QuotePT: With Colder, Juan Ferreyra and I can take our horror is any direction we want, so we can act more like horror hand-grenades, but in Prometheus, there's nothing scarier than the xenomorphs, and they need to be the central point of it all, so they're more like spear points than grenades. Juan and I still try to lean towards the unsettling than the "scary thing jumps out at you" style of horror, though, either way.

So there will be xenos in the Prometheus series after all.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 27, 2014, 03:35:22 PM

But wouldn't that... make it an ALIENS comic if.. they're in there?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 27, 2014, 09:54:38 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 27, 2014, 03:35:22 PM

But wouldn't that... make it an ALIENS comic if.. they're in there?

No... because even though they are a feature it's still about Prometheus.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Or Xenos could be a term they throw around to include deacons.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 28, 2014, 01:28:25 AM
Or Xenos could be a term they throw around to include deacons.

That's what I'm thinking, especially since we'll probably see creatures that blur the line between the two species.

SM

SM

Quote from: happypred on Mar 27, 2014, 02:22:05 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 26, 2014, 11:52:11 PM
Steve Perry pretty much got chased away if I remember right.
Yes, quite sad really: Ask Steve Perry

Would've been nice if some people didn't behave like complete d*cks to the man who did the novelisation of the original comic. IMO the novelisation is actually better than the comic itself. It really fleshed out the much more "bare bones" comic

And yet the conversation continued on and on in an altogether civil manner for a long time  - about 60 pages - after this melodramatically churched up "shitstorm".

When did he get chased away?  I thought it just petered out.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It was long time ago.  Might be getting him and the strause's confused.

happypred

Quote from: SM on Mar 28, 2014, 01:50:25 AMAnd yet the conversation continued on and on in an altogether civil manner for a long time  - about 60 pages - after this melodramatically churched up "shitstorm".

When did he get chased away?  I thought it just petered out.

You thought

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 27, 2014, 03:18:52 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 27, 2014, 09:33:08 AM
Sure, why not?

I want to believe that. I sincerely do.
Then believe it, I suppose. :)

Ultramorph

I've recently been re-reading Steel Egg, and I think we can all agree on one thing we don't want in the reboot: dopey space communist villains.

RakaiThwei

I never read Steel Egg. As far as I am concerned, if I haven't read it then I pay no mind to it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 28, 2014, 05:55:24 AM
I've recently been re-reading Steel Egg, and I think we can all agree on one thing we don't want in the reboot: dopey space communist villains.
I liked Steel Egg, but it's been years since I read it. I might have to give it another go.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 28, 2014, 06:10:46 AM
I liked Steel Egg, but it's been years since I read it. I might have to give it another go.

I have to ask out of sheer curiosity and this is genuine, sheer curiosity asking this but.. are there bits of the franchises which you hate, don't like or just.. don't agree with?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed