“What Strength Really Is," An Interview with Prey Director Dan Trachtenberg - AvP Galaxy Podcast #153

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 08, 2022, 03:57:41 PM

Author
“What Strength Really Is," An Interview with Prey Director Dan Trachtenberg - AvP Galaxy Podcast #153 (Read 6,579 times)

Darkness

Here's a transcription of the interview: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/dan-trachtenberg/

I didn't realise he did a Portal short film. How did I miss that when I've spent the last few months playing them.

Kradan

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 30, 2022, 10:58:10 AMI didn't realise he did a Portal short film. How did I miss that when I've spent the last few months playing them.

Oh yeah, thank you for a reminder to kick myself in the balls for not asking about that

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 30, 2022, 10:58:10 AMHere's a transcription of the interview: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/dan-trachtenberg/

I didn't realise he did a Portal short film. How did I miss that when I've spent the last few months playing them.

Thanks for sharing, D. Great work as always on the transcriptions.

CANNON

Late to the party - When I am out of work Ill have a listen but was Ferel's face change and/or it's mixed reception brought up?

Thanks,

Nightmare Asylum

Never watched/listened to this back in 2022, but I've been listening it last night/earlier this morning while going out for walks and am about two thirds of the way through. Good interview!

Anyways, I find it interesting how each time Dan is asked about the specifics of the French Fur Trappers' actions, he keeps diverting away from the questions and steering the conversation elsewhere. I wonder if that's a side of things he plans on exploring more in the Prey sequel we're seemingly getting some time after Badlands?

Wysps

I think, considering he did mention during the interview that one of his first ideas was a team up with a younger Predator against the fur trappers, that could play a part in the sequel.  I think his reason for not considering it further was because he wanted the story to focus solely on Naru's journey.

Also him not wanting to answer the whole "would you consider letting a Predator win" question or something along those lines leads me to believe that we could possibly get our first survivor soon (either in the Prey sequel or Badlands).

BigDaddyJohn

Does he talk about the Canadian actors that portrayed the french trappers ? Because everytime they opened their mouths, it was like nails on a chalkboard for my delicate french ears.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed