Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 133,426 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 03, 2020, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 03, 2020, 12:17:07 PM
New piece of Huante art of you-know-what.

Spoiler

:laugh:

Spoiler
There are two things that Huante loves when it comes to creature design: goblin sharks and belugas.

After expressing his dissatisfaction with the execution in Prometheus, I remember when he said that his deacon must have looked like a beluga swimming to the surface in the icy waters, thanks to the pale color of the creature and illumination of the Juggernaut.

I wonder how this dolphin-looking snake would have been look in execution instead of the lambrea.  :laugh:
[close]

Spoiler
Yep, he is very consistent in his take on this stuff. :D

The dolphin is actually a really neat concept but I don't see it being applicable to this story/world/situation at all. His art is good, but so far nothing that he's posted has topped the lamprey-mouthed snake baby that we got on screen for me.
[close]

All this being said, I would love if we got some kind of art book for this show. Fill it with Ridleygrams, Huante's creature work, and all of the other art that it took to bring this season to life.

Ingwar

That was one hell of an interview. Great stuff. So much things I haven't heard from Aaron before.

Nightmare Asylum

More Huante art:

Spoiler
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF5Dzf2gNkn/

Quote-Raised by wolves-Options for the Child..i wanted the fin shapes to immerse the body and make it feel like it was made of cloth..

Quote-Raised by wolves-Related to the Last post

QuoteSWIPE ——Ok.. so I was still working from own direction at this point.. hearing the art director and the requirements for the story.. this series here is what i felt most strongly about and is where we left it for about a month.. i stopped working and went off on other projects
The design- i gave this creature an electrical link that was like a tongue so it could jack into the mother's plugs on her torso.. that is how it would nurse.. i wanted the structure to look designed or artificial.. artificial being but not..the last image has a gelatinous shell over the head
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

The third looks more biomechanical. I like the second one though.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 04, 2020, 12:13:29 AM
The third looks more biomechanical. I like the second one though.

Spoiler
Yeah, these are much better than the dolphin version, and I do like his idea that he wrote about how it would "jack into" with Mother with its tongue.

But honestly, overall, none of the concepts that Huante has posted yet have grabbed me quite the same way the version they actually went with in the episode did. I think they really got it right when the moved from his designs to this guy.

In the show it just felt totally... ethereal, perhaps. Nothing that Huante has posted has really sold me on the Serpent as an intelligent entity, the Satan to Father and Mother's Adam and Eve in the Tropical Zone/Eden, but the show's final design conveyed that sensibility for me immediately.
[close]

Stolen

What a season finale, I went through all the emotions.
There are some really provocative ideas and some pretty amazing promises for the future.

Spoiler
The birth of the baby was shocking and disturbing.
The sacrifice of Mother and Father was magnificent, but honestly I hardly wanted to watch the rest without them ... then when i saw them come out of the hole ... and we discover the new face of the planet. WOW. f**king faboulous, this is art.
[close]

For me, best show since The Leftovers...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

One more post of Huante concepts! This time the included images are much closer to the final design used in the show.

Spoiler
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF6OK8Qgacf/https://www.instagram.com/p/CF6OK8Qgacf/

Quote-Raised by Wolves- after a month and a half of thinking i was done I was called back and they wanted to change the design to something more of a Lamprey or Hagfish looking creature.. sure I wasn't as excited about the redirect..
[close]

I love the final version that we actually got in the episode, so this round of art really interests me.

I understand Huante being upset about being asked to redesign his original concepts if he was partial to the earlier ones. But I am a bit confused about why he was shocked to find that they went with his final design, which included these new elements that they had specifically asked for, when he sat down and watched the episode. :D

Also, just for funsies, here's some Moebius art:

Spoiler
[close]

Enoch

I will only say that I can not wait to see season two. :laugh:
Love every Sci-fi movie/show that comes from Ridley.

Stolen

Where is my soundtrack ! I need this.

RidleyScott99

I loved it even the Luke Scott Directed Episodes. I think the Official HBO MAX channel in YouTube could create an Official Channel in YouTube only for RAISED BY WOLVES. They did it with GAME OF THRONES

Stolen

I don't know if this was posted

Itv with Marc Streitenfeld
http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=20983

Ingwar

Not yet. Good find!

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Oct 04, 2020, 08:02:10 PM
I loved it even the Luke Scott Directed Episodes.

I finally got to see it and I agree with you.
Philip K Dick wrote; "Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep?"
That was Dick's vision about what sentient artificial lifeforms could become.

There have been many other influential interpretations since then including;
1979 "Alien"
1982 "Blade Runner"
The HBO "Westworld" series.

- Ridley Scott has been influenced by all the major science-fiction writers. He has been fascinated by the implications of what AI could be. About what forms alien creatures could take. About parasitic lifeforms. About how religion can affect behavior in multiple ways.

I enjoy serious science-fiction, I very much liked the series.

;)

Nightmare Asylum

Another new Huante piece.

Spoiler
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF7paICAy5y/

QuoteThe adult is a tad bigger than this .. 10 ft. but it could've changed..
[close]

bb-15

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 05, 2020, 12:41:38 AM
Another new Huante piece.

Spoiler
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF7paICAy5y/

QuoteThe adult is a tad bigger than this .. 10 ft. but it could've changed..
[close]

Nice photo.
I like space aliens which take a risk in terms of design.
I mean Spock's ears are iconic & that's OK too.
But something a bit more bizarre, like from "Arrival", is a welcome change.

;-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed