DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues)

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 20, 2019, 04:32:00 PM

Author
DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues) (Read 44,826 times)

Still Collating...

How many years have passed since the last comic?

Corporal Hicks

Xiggz456

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 25, 2019, 02:19:22 PM

I'd assume like 6 years based on Alec Brand. I'd assume he was probably like 18 in Resistance and is now about 24. Just my guess though

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2019, 04:20:36 PM
October solicitations are in. Covers for 4 are out.

https://www.newsarama.com/46239-dark-horse-comics-october-2019-solicitations.html

That's a mean cover!

The Kurgan

The Queen cover looks awesome.

The second evokes painful memories of some of the ridiculously cartoony uberarmors from the old EU...

JokersWarPig

I do really love the fact the marines actually look the way they should in the more recent comic runs

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 24, 2019, 08:17:16 PM
Just finished issue 1. Mostly all set up.

Spoiler
Bit of Brand's upbringing, a Colonial Marines bug hunt, and orders to rendezvous with Amanda and Zula
[close]

Looking forward to the next issue.

That was a lot crammed into one issue but I felt it worked pretty well. Would have liked a little more of Brand being worthy of that elite status though.

I'm not sold on the art yet, but curious to see more to see whether it grows on me.

SM

Five.

Still Collating...

Thanks SM.

Good guess then Xiggz456!

Spoiler
Liking what I'm seeing so far. Though the lack of military tactics when shooting the bugs did get an eye roll from me.

I know it's not clear yet, but I just hope they're not gonna try and make it like Amanda and Zula survived on that planet for all this time surrounded by a horde of aliens. My guess is they got picked up soon after the blast or that most aliens were destroyed while they're surviving.
[close]

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 25, 2019, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 24, 2019, 08:17:16 PM
Just finished issue 1. Mostly all set up.

Spoiler
Bit of Brand's upbringing, a Colonial Marines bug hunt, and orders to rendezvous with Amanda and Zula
[close]

Looking forward to the next issue.

That was a lot crammed into one issue but I felt it worked pretty well. Would have liked a little more of Brand being worthy of that elite status though.

I'm not sold on the art yet, but curious to see more to see whether it grows on me.

There was indeed a lot crammed into it (as was also the case with "Resistance's" first issue) probably due to the pacing of comics in general. Gotta make the issue entertaining but still set the story up right. It'd maybe be beneficial if Issue 1's were slightly longer like the final issues of F&S and L&D. That way the setup could have a bit more breathing room.

@Still Collating
Spoiler
ya I'm definitely dying to know what happened with Zula and Amanda
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

I hope it redeems the storyline path followed thus far.
Particularly the last half of Defiance and the entirety of Resistance, tall order.

426Buddy

I think this first issue is a pretty good setup for the series. Hopefully the story arc delivers on the interesting first issue. The art is okay but a little toon-ish for me, kinda reminds me of Xenogenisis a little.

Ultramorph

I was more impressed with this issue than I was with Resistance. It might be that I liked the art here a bit more. The bugs looked pretty cool, and I'm interested to see how this whole story ends up shaking out.

JokersWarPig

I finally read it and it seems like a good set up. I thought the mars bugs were interesting, a small but cool little bit of world building.

Corporal Hicks

SpaceKase

Quote from: SM on Jul 25, 2019, 08:42:44 PM

Five.

Out of curiosity, where did this number come from? I've been scouring the Infobahn for clues but I've come up with zilcho. Is there a Brian Wood interview about Rescue that slipped through the cracks?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed