Pics of yourself

Started by slipknotpredator, May 04, 2007, 12:15:39 PM

Author
Pics of yourself (Read 2,388,708 times)

Übermensch

Übermensch

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 15, 2009, 10:06:27 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 15, 2009, 06:11:53 PM
Because I've worked in the security industry for just under a year now and when things get hairy, it's good to have self-defense in your repertoire. Plus, if you're someone who enjoys going out clubbing late at night, or just going out at night period, it's important to know how to defend yourself, should something happen. If I ever have kids, I'm going to put them through classes like that.

I agree with that, but you gotta becareful who you fight on the streets because they could have a knife or a gun and trust me when I tell you doesn't matter how well trained you think you are, you never want to be in a real knife fight or shootout. Just becareful thats all I'm sayin yo 8)

Totally agree on that, look at my sig, "there's no such thing as a fair fight".  Anyone looking to start a fight will only do so when they know the odds are on their side.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

LOL I just made a funny pic of me trying to look like The Joker.  :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 15, 2009, 06:44:34 PM
Self-Defense classes are a waste of time, theres only 2 things you need to know, aim for the eyes or groin. All the self-defense you need...

Let's see you do that when multiple guys jump you.

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 15, 2009, 10:06:27 PM
I agree with that, but you gotta becareful who you fight on the streets because they could have a knife or a gun and trust me when I tell you doesn't matter how well trained you think you are, you never want to be in a real knife fight or shootout. Just becareful thats all I'm sayin yo 8)

Indeed, I agree with that sentiment as well. I also believe that if you avoid a fight and talk your way out of something, that's the preferable solution. Don't get into a fight if you can because it's just not worth it.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 16, 2009, 07:12:54 PM
Self-Defense classes are a waste of time, theres only 2 things you need to know, aim for the eyes or groin. All the self-defense you need...

When multiple people jump you, your getting beat down whether you know self-defense or not.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Not necessarily

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 16, 2009, 07:15:41 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 16, 2009, 07:12:54 PM

When multiple people jump you, your getting beat down whether you know self-defense or not.

No you're not. If you know how to fight and defend yourself, it doesn't matter if it's one guy or five. It's possible to fight out of a situation like that. Sure it takes a long time to get to that level, but it can be done.

Dachande

Dachande

And generally, taking however long it takes to be able to defend yourself against however many people, is a less viable option, than kicking one in the groin and running away as fast as you can, to either safety or a large blunt object.

As well as not being stupid enough to get into those situations in the first place...

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Deadmeat on Jun 16, 2009, 12:11:14 PM
LOL I just made a funny pic of me trying to look like The Joker.  :D

I'll be the judge of that...post the pic.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

You better do it, Deadmeat. Nobody messes with the Chief.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 16, 2009, 08:13:22 PM
You better do it, Deadmeat. Nobody messes with the Chief.

Or he will end up 'Deadmeat'! ;) :P

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 14, 2009, 02:16:11 AM
QuoteJust don't want you to get shot. Ya feel me?
If that would be true i would have been dead a long time ago now  :P I'm wearing one everytime i go to the gym, 5-6 days a week.

Who the f**k is going to try and shoot someone who looks like you?

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 16, 2009, 07:30:03 PM
And generally, taking however long it takes to be able to defend yourself against however many people, is a less viable option, than kicking one in the groin and running away as fast as you can, to either safety or a large blunt object.

As well as not being stupid enough to get into those situations in the first place...

Yeah, if you patheticall weak and can't stand on your own two feet. You do NOT kick some dude in the parts, whether he's there to mug you or not. Have you guys never heard of "submission tactics"? Very simple. First of all you need to not loose your focus when this happens, contantly be scanning your surroundings every time you walk anywhere. Becasue, it IS tru e when they say: "You only know when you've been punched in the face when your already hit and on the ground" - It happens faster than everyone is making it out to be.

You wouldn't have time to kick 'em and run. He could be wearing a cup as most muggers do because of people liek you. Liek I said Submission tactics. This is where training DOES come in handy. Once you learn how to do it properly, then all you do is choke them out.

There are 100s of ways to break and arm, a leg, you don't need to kick them in the nuts. Unless you REALLY can't fight to save your life. In that case just all oiut run, don't bother kicking.  ::)

Quote from: Huol on Jun 17, 2009, 05:06:31 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 14, 2009, 02:16:11 AM
QuoteJust don't want you to get shot. Ya feel me?
If that would be true i would have been dead a long time ago now  :P I'm wearing one everytime i go to the gym, 5-6 days a week.

Who the f**k is going to try and shoot someone who looks like you?

Alot of people. Depending if you live in a gang-run area. You could be walking with a minor "swag", or playign the wrong kind of music in your car too loud and they feel they have the right to shoot your ass up, it doesn't matter the time of day or how many people are around when they do it. Would you want to walk into a Crip town with a blue bandana hanging out your left pocket and tatoos of teardrops all ovr your face cause you think you'd be "cool" when you're not really in a gang? No, they would look at you and shoot you up so fast you couldn't scream for your mommy.

Those are the f***cks that woudl shoot you for looking like them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 17, 2009, 01:36:05 PM
Yeah, if you patheticall weak and can't stand on your own two feet. You do NOT kick some dude in the parts, whether he's there to mug you or not. Have you guys never heard of "submission tactics"? Very simple. First of all you need to not loose your focus when this happens, contantly be scanning your surroundings every time you walk anywhere. Becasue, it IS tru e when they say: "You only know when you've been punched in the face when your already hit and on the ground" - It happens faster than everyone is making it out to be.

You wouldn't have time to kick 'em and run. He could be wearing a cup as most muggers do because of people liek you. Liek I said Submission tactics. This is where training DOES come in handy. Once you learn how to do it properly, then all you do is choke them out.

There are 100s of ways to break and arm, a leg, you don't need to kick them in the nuts. Unless you REALLY can't fight to save your life. In that case just all oiut run, don't bother kicking.  ::)

Muggers wear cups?

If you can block punches, that's one of the most important ways you'll survive a fight. Of course, no street fight will actually play out like an actual proper, in-ring fight so to speak. In the ring, you don't let the adrenaline control you and you prepare for what's coming. But in a street fight, the adrenaline can take over and you can lose focus. But again ideally, if you're trained, that won't happen too soon.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 17, 2009, 01:36:05 PM

Dude, I'll kick a guy in the nuts if he is threatening me, I don't give a shit how pathetic you think I am.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not to mention, it's not pathetic at all. If he's twice your size and is coming at you, it's a great way to bring him down.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed