brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 154,893 times)

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

About the Spacesuits...
More modern,more Bulky.
Detail...both suits below were designed for EVA activity as the Nostromo and Prometheus suits.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Ivymike on Nov 24, 2011, 01:42:13 PM
About the Spacesuits...
More modern,more Bulky.
Detail...both suits below were designed for EVA activity as the Nostromo and Prometheus suits.

There are many types of space suits. Obviously different based on a number of different factors. Shuttle suits are bulky because they have to protect the wearing from space radiation. If its on a planet with no then it can be thinner and more like the one in the film. plus the films set in the future not the present. and there prob wearing high tech military gear rather than bog standadr cheaper space suits

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: aliennaire on Nov 23, 2011, 09:18:01 PM
The stuff on the ground looks like a helmet with a broken frontal glass plate on it. Would be the only reason to take helmets off on the alien planet, if someone could have intentionally or accidentally discovered, that the air is breathable here...
yeah but it doesn't explain why they are studying their own helmets with flashlights.

as for the suits i think they needed some redesign.think about it if they spend a lot of time on that alien planet or cave thing they need to be mobile.run,jump like we saw in the bootleg leaked.you can't do that in a big bulky space suit.you need something streamlined

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Quote from: nendo on Nov 24, 2011, 01:58:50 PM
About the Spacesuits...
More modern,more Bulky.

There are many types of space suits. Obviously different based on a number of different factors. Shuttle suits are bulky because they have to protect the wearing from space radiation. If its on a planet with no then it can be thinner and more like the one in the film. plus the films set in the future not the present. and there prob wearing high tech military gear rather than bog standadr cheaper space suits

The films set in the future,not in the present but the marjority of the designs were based in reality,even the Star Wars films had designs based in our reality.You said,"Shuttle suits are bulky because they have to protect the wearing from space radiation" but the very light Gemini performed exactly the same function...read more my friend.What I tried to show was the fact that as spacesuits have evolved over the years, they became more and more complex,more heavy and more bulky.However,i agree with you in one point...maybe the Prometheus clotches are actually somekind of "biological quarantine suit",not a true spacesuit.

Engineer1

Engineer1

In my mind these are not spacesuit per se.
I see them more as light spelunking suits.
With all the action going on in this movie outside the ships they needed to make more praticable suits.

Nonetheless i would have prefered that instead of the FF blue tight suit there was a regular jumper, military looking suit bit like the gemini one but tighter.

The only thing i find weird that they dont even evoke the nostromo spacesuits just a bit.

Effectz

Effectz

About the Spacesuits...
More modern,more Bulky.

So by the year 2060 we will have a spacesuit the size of a dalek,great.

T Dog

T Dog

Dudes! What is that that is taking up the entire bottom right hand corner of the main pic?
Look almost like part of the telescope/gun/inseminator.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Dude why dont you check the previous pages?
;)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 24, 2011, 03:56:27 PM
;)

Dude! I'm not talking about this

I'm talking about the thing above it that's leaning into the right corner, with the tubes coming out of it.

Its quite clearly just another one of the rib/pillars that are part of the 'Ampule Room' (glad that place has a name now!)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Whats that big man face? I dont like it.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 24, 2011, 04:01:32 PM
;)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jP6XLcqhFiY/Ts1wjTFwcVI/AAAAAAAAA1E/d21-pMS4lag/s1024/corpse.jpg

I'm talking about the thing above it that's leaning into the right corner, with the tubes coming out of it.

Dude i know whatcha talkin' nabout.
Theres a reverse shot of that shot in the leaked SDCC images.
It's either another pillar with a different design or the huge Entrance of the temple/ship.
Not the Engineer's chair.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 23, 2011, 10:17:57 PM
This is what I'm seeing at present whether it's really there or not. Quite honestly I don't know what they're shining the torch on

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jP6XLcqhFiY/Ts1wjTFwcVI/AAAAAAAAA1E/d21-pMS4lag/s1024/corpse.jpg

Quote from: RoaryUK on Nov 24, 2011, 01:39:11 AM
Just wondering, anyone ever thought whatever it is inside the white line. could it actually be something man made...such as landing gear or part of some vehicle??

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 24, 2011, 04:01:32 PM
;)

Never say no to Panda!

Catwoman!

T Dog

T Dog

If I was to make a photoshop I'd shop on Charlize Theron's face from Monster and say look, The New Monster. Or Monster. Or something like that. Hint Hint Hint! Somebody do it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed