brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 154,887 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Well first of all, we all knew Avatar had something wrong with it the moment we saw the Pocahontas aliens.

Second, I think I'm going to have to quote this post again:
Quote from: JaaayDee on Nov 23, 2011, 03:25:28 AM
QuoteI've always heard you want as much light as possible.

Scott:  That's the downside.

But isn't Alien almost the antithesis of that because the movies have always been about shadow and darkness and hiding things.

Scott:  That's what Jim said. The problem is you'll have to grade it later. You'll have to grit your teeth and light it not the way you'd like it. And then later, you're gonna have to regrade it. Repaint it. In fact, Avatar, when you think about it, is almost a completely animated movie.
http://collider.com/ridley-scott-confirms-alien-prequel-will-be-shot-in-3d/22944/

Here are the stills with color grading:

Never say no to Panda!

And even there those faces look strange  :laugh:
Too bright (not your fault of course, it's the original)

T Dog

T Dog

Not sure what to make of the pictures. I mean they are mega shiny production/promo stills and for reason that I can't exactly judge the look and atmosphere of the picture until I see the proper trailer. And yes...those faces are clearly shopped to bits. They look like they were transplanted onto those space suits.

The head.....I guess like everybody else I was hoping it would look less earthly. It has eyes, ears and a nose. If the story is what they are saying then it makes sense I suppose. Reminds me a lot of the early promo shot of The Dark Knight's Joker where it was just a close up of his face. Mixed with pin head from Hellraiser. And Dark City of course.

P.S.
Anybody else think the head looks like a modified version of Guy Pearce's face?

robbritton

robbritton

With the shots being 'over coloured', I would point out how much colour on the original Alien was counteracted by set lighting and cinematogrophy. The pastel space suits spring to mind - I never even realised they were different colours until years of HD upscaling later! The bridge looks like a Cobb design to me, and I'm not going to lose sleep over how a production photographer has lit it!

EDIT: I was half expecting everything to look slightly forties/fifties , from haircuts on down, as a sly '30 years prior to Alien' nod! Not sure if I'm glad or not that that isn't the case! I would have at least liked to see someone rocking a classic Skerritt cut - nothing says 'golden age sci-fi' more than flowing locks and a beard!

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I thought it was Fassbender's forehead and eyebrows in the black and white face shot.

I suppose we ought to be glad about the fact that they didn't stick such a head in the derelict in the original film otherwise it would have seemed rather idiotic

zuzuki

zuzuki

This lokks like they found a facehugger in there or something similar. It looks like a central body with tentacles/fingers on both sides and some kind of tail at the bottom

Engineer1

Engineer1

Hope not...

nendo

nendo

Quote from: zuzuki on Nov 23, 2011, 01:53:24 PM
This lokks like they found a facehugger in there or something similar. It looks like a central body with tentacles/fingers on both sides and some kind of tail at the bottom

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2405/231447361vqalcv9.jpg
I don't think it is. The picture quality is poor so we are not seeing what it actually is. And from my experience it is never what it originally looks to be. I think your mind is filling in the blanks and automatically assuming it's the face hugger or something similar due to a familiar shape. But that shape could just be the ridges/ bumps of another completed unrelated object.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

the room look very similar to the derelict, just look out those walls. well i'm looking forward to this film.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Spoiler
From what I understand, there will be no familiarity in the "aliens" as we know them. The facehugger does not exist yet. Those capsules in the "ampule chamber" (with the large head) contains a virus, of sorts, that mutates the host. This is what I have come to understand that the movie is about.
[close]

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok...the Prometheus ship´s interior design is not so far from Ron Cobb´s ideas for the original film.I think the reason for the  Nostromo´s bulky appearance was the lack of time and resources to do everything from the scratch as today.They just took pieces from aircrafts,old TVs,pipes,glued everything and voilá...The Nostromo.

I really liked the spacesuits.Those wings in the chest and the colorfull details give them a old sci-fi vibe.They are not original as the Alien suits but i see this film as a separate thing...not a sequel or prequel.Exactly as Ridley said.

My concern is  that head.We can see clearly that it don´t had that "Giger-esque" feel.I believe the alien world is a mixture of Giger and other designers work.The same goes for the creatures.

I have the feeling that the "Space Jockeys" had Human appearance and the "Aliens" in this movie are humans transformed by the "vírus thing" inside the urns.

Biomechanoid20

Biomechanoid20

I personally wished the giant head looked more "Giger-ish", kinda like:

T Dog

T Dog

Link here to the full article
http://i42.tinypic.com/11u80hi.jpg

Interesting quote from Fassbender:
"There's creatures in it that you'll recognize, but that's only one tiny facet of what's going on".

I wonder what that means. Will the Jockey's, Facehuggers, Xeno's be there but insignificant?

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 23, 2011, 02:36:22 PM
Link here to the full article
http://i42.tinypic.com/11u80hi.jpg

Interesting quote from Fassbender:
"There's creatures in it that you'll recognize, but that's only one tiny facet of what's going on".

I wonder what that means. Will the Jockey's, Facehuggers, Xeno's be there but insignificant?

I think he is talking the actual xenos.

The Jockeys/Engineers will play a more dominant role, is what I believe. Also, Ridley did mention that the Jockeys/Engineers as we know them look different in Prometheus since the thing in the chair in Alien still had its suit on.. inside the suit, they look more human.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Nov 23, 2011, 02:30:59 PM
I personally wished the giant head looked more "Giger-ish", kinda like:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g471/muromachi/gigerfaceampules.jpg
Needs more Giger-cat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed