StudioADI Appreciation Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 21, 2021, 11:06:46 PM

Author
StudioADI Appreciation Thread (Read 12,356 times)

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 02, 2022, 02:29:04 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 02, 2022, 12:27:48 AM
Interesting. Many people seem to be negative towards ADI, even though it is the studio that screwed up the designs.

Um, what ? Why do you phrase it like a contradiction ?
PRobably mean: Century fox and owners and producer pressed ADI to change the design and give them tasks or request that was bad from the start.

Kradan

Kradan

Aaah, I though "studio" meant "StudioADI" hence the confusion

SiL

SiL

Nothing to see here

Sol

Sol

Dog Alien/Runner is one of my absolute favorite creature designs, by a country mile. It's a work of art.

judge death

judge death

I love the runner, the design on it was great :D

Kradan

Kradan

It ĺooks simultaneously fragile and ferocious, love it

Sol

Sol

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 02, 2022, 12:34:31 PM

Nature has a habit of producing lot of slender but deadly creatures in every corner of the animal kingdom, too.

Mantis, Cheetah, Snakes, just to name a few.

Runner being made at StudioADI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5n6tTJWK3A

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 02, 2022, 12:34:31 PM

The Predalien from Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000, was more similar to the Runner. I think it was a hybrid created through genetic experimentation.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

That was AVPE where the Predalien queen was a geneticly created hybrid, as in that game neither Predaliens nor Runners and Drones could become Queens. In all games though, they are just as natural as Drones or Runners, simply being an Alien that has taken traits.

I have heard about the kid saying "cool alien" before too and its sad that fox would force more predator details on ADI's creation on the comment of a kid.

There is so many stupidity in that. Firstly, the film is R-rated, its not for kids and kids shouldn't really know what Alien looks like, its or at least was a horror franchise (not including the pg13 avp) and adults would easily tell it came from a predator simply from the first scene of it bursting out and having mandibles. Secondly, its an Alien, aliens take traits to better adapt, they are not hybrids and as such they need to always look like Aliens, bar the traits taken which shouldn't incliude pecs, muscle or dreadlock. The mandibles are enough. As ADI said, the balance needs to be 90% odd alien and only 10 -15% predator

Sol

Sol

Don't mind me, just continuing to admire this masterpiece.

BlueMarsalis79

Alien³ deserves a version where you can actually see how truly gorgeous it is.

Kradan

Kradan

Yeah, that sort of "rewriting the history" I would be OK with

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully Disney can do that for the 4K.

Sol

Sol

I would actually like a remake. Its one of the few films that I feel would actually benefit from that treatment. Think about it. It deserves it. Bringing ADI back would also be a must.

BlueMarsalis79

Only with David Fincher or James Cameron in the director's chair though, otherwise honestly don't bother.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed