Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 111,934 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 10:10:35 PM
Kane was awake when the burster popped.

Granted, but he was still unconscious for a while after the hugger dropped off. Perhaps the trilobite gave the Engineer an extra strong dose of narcotics since he was putting up such a struggle? Or perhaps the Deacon gestation period was simply a bit quicker?

Lemonade

I don't think we're supposed to look too deep into something like this. Lindelof and Scott want us to theorize over the cool shit like whether David is being serious or not in that one moment, or why did the Engineers want to destroy us, not... why a monster wasn't conscious when another monster is bursting from its chest...

Its really not important at all, and is minutiae at its finest.

SM

SM

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 19, 2014, 10:18:15 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 10:10:35 PM
Kane was awake when the burster popped.

Granted, but he was still unconscious for a while after the hugger dropped off. Perhaps the trilobite gave the Engineer an extra strong dose of narcotics since he was putting up such a struggle? Or perhaps the Deacon gestation period was simply a bit quicker?

If the Engineer was asleep his eyes were open and it didn't wake him enough tfor him to react.

And the Deacon gestation was about 5 days.  Way longer than any Alien.

Ghostface

That's one thing I would've preferred to see, the engineer convulsing in pain from the deacon bursting out rather than looking like a biomechanical blow up doll.

SM

SM

There was nothing left of his insides to convulse.  His flesh was just a womb by that point and his insides were long gone.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 19, 2014, 09:07:27 PM
Could it be that the "DNA match" in Prometheus rather means that the single Engineer specimen is biochemically similar to humans with many of our shared base genomes? Perhaps like humans and Neanderthals? Or chimps. Or something a little closer?

They couldn't even get the basics, like supposed 'carbon dating', right. Much less the more obvious stuff, like stapling mere skin back together somehow preventing Shaw's guts from spilling out... If you're looking for a deeper meaning to the scientific aspects, you're at the wrong movie. ;)

Spoonman101

I wonder how the deacon will even correlate with the rest of the alien story.

Ghostface

I don't think the deacon would be too hard to reproduce. Perhaps when someone is infected, their sex drive increases. Halloway had Shaw, but perhaps in absence of a consensual partner, the infected's sexual drive increases with their aggression, forcing them to put on the rape goggles. Once again we have unwanted pregnancy due to forced reproductive behaviour, out pops squiddy and the cycle continues.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 19, 2014, 03:37:29 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 19, 2014, 02:04:53 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 08:58:11 AMSince humans are genetically identical to Engineers, whats to stop more Deacons being created in the same manner?

Possibly the whole get infected, have sex, birth a giant octopus bit.

...and then getting it to rape a Engineer.

A very unlikely set of circumstances to happen by chance but still replicable in a controlled environment.

Which would indicate that the deacon is an accident ?? Ant therefore not a progenitor of the xeno ??

Asking not saying ....

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 19, 2014, 04:58:45 PM
but it wouldn't have to facehug an engineer since one of the "amaze revelations" was that genetically they were identical to humans.

Good point and as such a woman's womb must be genetically similar to a facehugger carrying egg  because both can produce a facehugger and did holloways sperm heal her womb (and therefore her infertility ??)

Which is again why I ask is prometheus in the alien universe or is just cannon in the EU and

Because

There is nothing in alien that corresponded to any of this (from what we see in the movie).

Is kane's son a product of an sperm infecting a female engineers womd and then grown inside an egg ?? As if the stasis fields were where the eggs were grown simply out of the biomechanical structure of the ship and the ship releasing a human fertilised egg being infected with the virus of the urns ??

How does this correspond to a queen laying eggs ??

Sounds closer to egg morphing from a xeno stinging  someone being cocooned becoming an egg. ??

Dunno....

DoomRulz

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 18, 2014, 05:15:22 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 18, 2014, 01:10:10 PM
I hope the Deacon makes a return. I'd hate for it to be just a quick one-off thing because I'd like to see if it evolves into something else entirely.

The thing is, it was created by a specific set of circumstances, that I can't see another one showing up. So it would have to be that particular deacon all grown up that we see.

Regardless of how it comes, maybe we'll see something like the old Prommy artwork showing the Deacon attacking two humans. I'd link it if I could find it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Jun 19, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

If the Engineer was asleep his eyes were open and it didn't wake him enough tfor him to react.

Never said the Engineer was asleep.

Quoteit didn't wake him enough tfor him to react.

The idea behind anesthesia is that the patient ideally shouldn't wake-up during surgery.

Quotehis eyes were open

A person's eyes can be open when they are unconscious.

QuoteAnd the Deacon gestation was about 5 days.  Way longer than any Alien.

Which means the Engineer would have been stiff as a plank with obvious signs of chemical decomposition and bloat if it was dead.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 20, 2014, 03:16:32 AM
They couldn't even get the basics, like supposed 'carbon dating', right. Much less the more obvious stuff, like stapling mere skin back together somehow preventing Shaw's guts from spilling out... If you're looking for a deeper meaning to the scientific aspects, you're at the wrong movie. ;)

I'm beginning to agree...  :)

Randomizer

I just hope the time I'm waiting for Prometheus 2 to appear will be worth it .  ;D

SM

SM

QuoteWhich means the Engineer would have been stiff as a plank with obvious signs of chemical decomposition and bloat if it was dead.

We don't know how long he'd been dead.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

No longer than 6 hours considering that they are supposedly biochemically identical to us.

But what are we debating here? What is the point of this debate?  ???

Lemonade

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 20, 2014, 12:18:49 PM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 18, 2014, 05:15:22 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 18, 2014, 01:10:10 PM
I hope the Deacon makes a return. I'd hate for it to be just a quick one-off thing because I'd like to see if it evolves into something else entirely.

The thing is, it was created by a specific set of circumstances, that I can't see another one showing up. So it would have to be that particular deacon all grown up that we see.

Regardless of how it comes, maybe we'll see something like the old Prommy artwork showing the Deacon attacking two humans. I'd link it if I could find it.

Hopefully. Hopefully we get a lot more of Spaihts' set pieces used finally.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed