Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 111,938 times)

Alien³

Space7Horror

I don't understand why eveyone is so obsessed with what Milburn did and why they think it was stupid.  He did one stupid thing and as people have said he was trying to impress Fifiled.  He ran away from the dead body because Fifeld did.  How could he have not examined the alien snake which would be the first live alien they have ever discovered? Prometheus is a good movie and is intelligent otherwise no one would take the time of day to discuss the movie and try to make a fuss about what happend in the movie. It came out 2 years ago and people are still talking about it, there is no reason for it to get all the hate it receives.

SiL

SiL

No-one's obsessed about it. It's just the clearest example of something stupid in the movie, when people say "But the characters aren't idiots!".

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: SiL on Mar 28, 2014, 10:05:40 PM
No-one's obsessed about it. It's just the clearest example of something stupid in the movie, when people say "But the characters aren't idiots!".

Yeah more so than Fifield getting lost especially considering Janek still asks where they are when his face is right in front of the map lol.

Space7Horror

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 28, 2014, 10:07:31 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 28, 2014, 10:05:40 PM

Yeah more so than Fifield getting lost especially considering Janek still asks where they are when his face is right in front of the map lol.

Well maybe not obsessed I just dislike when people use some of the stupid choices made in the movie to consider it a bad film.  I am not saying everyone does this but many people do and its just not fair when almost every movie has someone making a mistake or doing something stupid its human nature.  I know its not human nature to have a map in front of you and have no clue where the people are that are on it but it is mentioned that the storm causes static that puts off the readings of the map.     

SiL

SiL

A lot of people who point out those stupid things still enjoyed the movie. I did. But I'm not gonna let stuff like that slide just because I did like it.

Space7Horror

Quote from: SiL on Mar 28, 2014, 10:17:03 PM
A lot of people who point out those stupid things still enjoyed the movie. I did. But I'm not gonna let stuff like that slide just because I did like it.

I'm not saying let it slide I did not like the stupid moves in the movie either, its just some people hate the movie because of them and that annoys me. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

*Shrug* They're missing out then I guess.

Aspie

Aspie

Rong

Rong

I just read that Green wrote "Kings", I liked kings, it was a little shitty in production details, but as far as religious allegories go shit was cash, it had me hooked, I desperately wanted a second season for it.

CainsSon

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 28, 2014, 09:37:28 AM
It's very stupid.

It's a living thing that looks like a snake and is flaring which is a possible sign that it feels threatened and is ready to attack. The same way many creatures on earth would give warning signs (elephants, snakes, cats etc.) A biologist wouldn't assume that it's safe to approach a creature he's never studied before.

If anything, it's stupid that a Biologist ran away from a 2000 year old dead alien body. A large snake is not that dangerous in the kind of situation those two were in. Not too mention the fact that almost anything apart from serious life compromising injury at that point would be a giant win for a space biologist who is discovering a new life form -its enough to make anyone drunk and make less than sober decisions. However, having cut the scene where Milburn finds the OTHER, smaller snake 'Our First Alien' - which perfectly depicts how a biologist would act in a situation like it - that makes the other scene seem a bit odd without thinking it through.

Another thing that I find remarkable, is the way fans speak of 'Scientists' as if they are all not flawed human beings. There are scientists who have zero common sense, Ph.D's that are drug addicts. Doctors who are immoral. Managers who are self-serving. Deli workers that hate meat... Its a silly argument that all scientists behave a certain way. Title doesn't dictate behavior. Behavior doesn't dictate title either. People learn from mistakes by making them and they certainly change put aside their best judgement to impress people or win a nobel prize for interacting with the first giant space snake. It might surprise people to realize that there are very few giant snakes in the world that an expert would be afraid to confront. For instance, there is a very simple way to attack a snake to make it release a person by squeezing behind its neck. Of course... Milburn didn't try that! :)

SiL

SiL

Scientists are free to be flawed, but maybe they could act like scientists at some point too.

DoomRulz

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 30, 2014, 06:00:42 AM
For instance, there is a very simple way to attack a snake to make it release a person by squeezing behind its neck. Of course... Milburn didn't try that! :)

Something tells me they don't approach it from the front and go all mushy for it when it's clearly saying, "back the f**k off or I'll kill you".

maledoro

There are these little, trivial things called...safety protocols...that are casually mentioned drilled into the skulls of scientists here and there everywhere they are trained in basket weaving.

Lemonade

Would any human being really think that the snake creature could get to them underneath the safety of a spacesuit?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed