ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 156,896 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

Spoiler
[close]

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

^ Nice.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 11, 2011, 04:25:51 AM
I miss the good old days of my life; where anytime I found out about this awesome new movie or game, it was thru a TV commercial or trailer.  There were no attempts to dig out info this early on, I just waited and saw what I got, all of it 100% official.

Yah f**k the internet.

Brother

Brother

Shodan posted an interview with Kevin Riepl, he talks about A:CM and other current projects.

Interview - http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/1147

GBX forum post - http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=116094

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the link. I love interviews with composers. They're extremely interesting people.

Ash 937

Ash 937

For a while, it seemed like a good idea that A:CM would release to coincide with Ridley Scott's "Alien Prequel".  I have no way to confirm if that was the logic that Fox or Sega were following but the premiere date for "Prometheus" (formerly known as "The Alien Prequel") is right near I might have expected a release for A:CM (Q1 2012).  I wonder if the release of this game will be affected by the fact that Scott's film no longer seems to pertain to the "Alien" universe.

Brother

Brother

There was no confirmation that the game was ever somehow connected with the movie so it's very possible that the events around the movie never affected A:CM.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Brother on Jan 18, 2011, 07:13:56 PM
There was no confirmation that the game was ever somehow connected with the movie so it's very possible that the events around the movie never affected A:CM.

He meant that the 2 might be released together to take advantage of all the publicity.

Brother

Brother

Yes, and like I said, there was never a word from any officials (only fan speculation) that the game and the movie are connected, release-wise or otherwise. Now that the movie is no more it makes it clearer.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yeah, It's really not up to Randy to talk release dates yet.  Oh well, the more he's asked about it, the more SEGA will see the demand for this game to get done.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think we should get a Twitter campaign going and bombard Sega's Twitter with RTs asking about CM.

Brother

Brother

Doubt it would work. It's all been tried over the years (maybe not twitter but forums, e-mails etc.).

Will participate in the angry mob though.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Right, let's stampede the company. I'll get the guns.

Gate

Gate

ikarop

ikarop

I don't think there's a need for that now. I can tell you there's movement going on behind-the-scenes. So I hope it won't be long until they come out of hibernation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed