ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 156,317 times)

Brother

Brother

Doesn't really matter who's been waiting longer, cause the big boys do not care. They make the decisions that we have to live with, we can only hope that our thing arrives asap.

Brother

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteAny news on Aliens: Colonial Marines? - M. Viveiros

Randy Pitchford, Gearbox Software CEO and President:

We are very passionate and committed to the Aliens project. I feel that it's a dream project to be able to spend time in that space with the brand. The progress is exciting and I do not expect that it will be very long now before Sega and Fox and Gearbox all come together to update everyone on the game and show what we've been up to.

Not much but at least it looks like we'll be ending the silence soon.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 30, 2011, 10:18:34 PM
They should just drop DNF and release A:CM already.  How many years has DNF been in fan-anticipated production anyway?  Is it as long as A:CM's?

OH this would have started SUCH a flame war on GBX forums.

chupacabras acheronsis

Randy likes to tell everyone how much he loves his damn job, and i don't question he and all the crew really do, but that's literally everything he has said for the past two years. over and over again.

i Can't feel anything anymore.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Mar 31, 2011, 10:28:54 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Mar 30, 2011, 10:18:34 PM
They should just drop DNF and release A:CM already.  How many years has DNF been in fan-anticipated production anyway?  Is it as long as A:CM's?

OH this would have started SUCH a flame war on GBX forums.

I'll be sure not to mention that on those forums or any other forums for that matter.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 31, 2011, 10:50:08 PM
Randy likes to tell everyone how much he loves his damn job, and i don't question he and all the crew really do, but that's literally everything he has said for the past two years. over and over again.

gearbox staff are paid in "good feelings" since he is the head of GBX, he gets paid the most. they are not a game developer they are a dream recycler, they take the hopes and dreams of casual gamers, mulch them up, and turn them into good feelings, then take games from other developers and just finish them, :D

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 01, 2011, 10:29:43 AM

gearbox staff are paid in "good feelings" since he is the head of GBX, he gets paid the most. they are not a game developer they are a dream recycler, they take the hopes and dreams of casual gamers, mulch them up, and turn them into good feelings, then take games from other developers and just finish them, :D

lol. Doesn't explain Borderlands.

Carter_J_Burke

Carter_J_Burke

Well I have been waiting for many moons to hear concrete news of this game but god I certainly hope that when it arrives it plays better and has more depth than that whore of a game AVP, and the direness of Borderlands.  As in so many cases these days its all flash and no bang, the console market now is so saturated in meaningless stale seen it all before fps.  They need to start slowing things up, dont cater solely to the ADHD brigade, inject atmosphere and purpose into these Aliens/ AVP games, give players reasons to work together in co-ops, and more than just the rudimentary switch flicking we see in these current console offerings.  I am mainly a pc gamer, yet a decent new, and innovative console game I would buy, but not if its any of the current fare. Alien games just haven't hit the nail yet imo and I sincerely hope that the promise of CM is realised, because to say AVP was a wasted opportunity is an understatement.

And to the developers involved in this game I would say...Look, this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. But, let's not make snap judgments, please. This is clearly an important game we're dealing with and I don't think that you or I, or anybody, has the right to arbitrarily f**k it up.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Welcome to the forums Burke. And 'ditto' were all thinking the same thing (luv the bit at the end).

Brother

Brother

Hair hair.

Carter_J_Burke

Carter_J_Burke

Ty Fujimaster for the welcome :)

predxeno

predxeno

Welcome to "The Galaxy", Burke. :)

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 01, 2011, 11:07:10 PM

that was just their hobby, they felt so damn good they needed something to keep them busy.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 04, 2011, 02:06:05 PM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 01, 2011, 11:07:10 PM

that was just their hobby, they felt so damn good they needed something to keep them busy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed