ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 156,310 times)

Brother

Brother

Yup. I predicted Q1 a while ago, my guess based on what's been going on recently. The time difference between E3 and first 3-4 months of 2012 is somewhat reasonable. No latter than Q2 tho, that would sux.

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 28, 2011, 02:06:07 PM
It's just speculation so far, but an appearance at this year's E3 would definitely make sense IMO.

i definately think that it'll be at E3, simply because DNF will be out (i assume :D), and GBX will have nothing else to show, unless they anniounce Borderlands 2, or something completely different, they'll pretty much have to show ACM to justify thier existence, or at least their presence at the expo.  :D

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 28, 2011, 03:07:59 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 28, 2011, 02:06:07 PM
It's just speculation so far, but an appearance at this year's E3 would definitely make sense IMO.

i definately think that it'll be at E3, simply because DNF will be out (i assume :D), and GBX will have nothing else to show, unless they anniounce Borderlands 2, or something completely different, they'll pretty much have to show ACM to justify thier existence, or at least their presence at the expo.  :D

Studios always have something to show, and GBX has plenty of stuff on the pipeline atm. It doesn't have to be BL2 indeed, they have more IPs and internal projects going on. Either way I don't think that would be a reason not to show ACM at an event like E3. Different publishers, different booths. It's probably too early to start discussing E3 plans anyway.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 28, 2011, 11:37:04 PM
It's probably too early to start discussing E3 plans anyway.

But its our only hope.  ::)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 28, 2011, 07:54:22 AM
What has Prometheus got to do with it? There has hardly been confirmation from the man himself that Aliens are even in it!

The movie is a Aliens movie, and having a Alien related release around the same time would make sense. Look at the upcoming GL game for example.

Brother

Brother

It's bs if you ask me, again acm to suffer because of other awesome projects.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 30, 2011, 01:26:48 AM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Mar 28, 2011, 07:54:22 AM
What has Prometheus got to do with it? There has hardly been confirmation from the man himself that Aliens are even in it!

The movie is a Aliens movie, and having a Alien related release around the same time would make sense. Look at the upcoming GL game for example.

not quite the same thing, GL is a tie in movie,

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Well it's good to know that we are seeing something at E3. I hope for a release date.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 30, 2011, 05:18:59 PM
Well it's good to know that we are seeing something at E3. I hope for a release date.

Its not confirmed yet. All rumors and speculation.

predxeno

predxeno

They should just drop DNF and release A:CM already.  How many years has DNF been in fan-anticipated production anyway?  Is it as long as A:CM's?

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

First of all.
Please be quiet about Duke Nukem if you don't know about it.

Secondly

It's been in development hell for longer than A:CM

predxeno

predxeno

Fine, sorry. :-[

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

People waited for DNF since Summer 1997, nearly 14 years. The original ACM game was in work since 2001 then got scrap, and re-created around 2008 IIRC. So I would say more people are hype up for DNF.

predxeno

predxeno

Oh yeah, I think I remember something about that.  There was this guy who preordered DNF from Ganestop years ago before it got constantly pushed back and he's still got the receipt.  Poor guy.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 31, 2011, 02:37:39 AM
People waited for DNF since Summer 1997, nearly 14 years. The original ACM game was in work since 2001 then got scrap, and re-created around 2008 IIRC. So I would say more people are hype up for DNF.
I think maybe somewhat earlier than in 2008, 2008 is when we first saw anything. The license was acquired in December, 2006 and that's when my anticipation began! At the time me and my friend were like "how awesome it would be for it to have graphical fidelity similar to FEAR"...Boy, how times have changed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed