New Alien Film Encyclopedia from Titan coming October 2022

Started by Engineer, Mar 29, 2022, 10:01:41 PM

Author
New Alien Film Encyclopedia from Titan coming October 2022 (Read 76,501 times)

SiL

And the last word was it wasn't even going to be updated for the new movie.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on Jan 28, 2024, 10:38:15 AMAnd the last word was it wasn't even going to be updated for the new movie.

You see? Pathetic!

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Jan 28, 2024, 10:38:15 AMAnd the last word was it wasn't even going to be updated for the new movie.
That's the wackiest part.

Like, what exactly are the delays? We've got a fan-operated wiki that's existed for years that ostensibly serves the same function as this encyclopedia, and it's free and available online. Like, the book could copy-paste the wiki wholesale and call it a day, and it would get the job done.

If the new, repeatedly-delayed book doesn't even feature the new content from the new movie or TV show, why am I going to be interested? At best it feels like a cynical cash grab, as if we're going to get a "revised and expanded" edition in a couple years with all the new stuff so why bother buying the first one?

Nightmare Asylum

The new movie that it is coming out one month after the release of! :laugh:

I'm definitely curious/looking forward to this thing, and I have no intention of canceling my pre-order or anything like that, but it's just wild seeing how consistently Titan's stuff like this gets delayed, and for such extreme lengths of time.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 28, 2024, 10:49:15 AMWe've got a fan-operated wiki that's existed for years that ostensibly serves the same function as this encyclopedia, and it's free and available online.

Thanks for the name drop, we at Xenopedia appreciate it!

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 28, 2024, 10:49:15 AMLike, the book could copy-paste the wiki wholesale and call it a day, and it would get the job done.

Nah, the RPG does that already.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Jan 28, 2024, 11:47:00 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 28, 2024, 10:49:15 AMWe've got a fan-operated wiki that's existed for years that ostensibly serves the same function as this encyclopedia, and it's free and available online.

Thanks for the name drop, we at Xenopedia appreciate it!

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 28, 2024, 10:49:15 AMLike, the book could copy-paste the wiki wholesale and call it a day, and it would get the job done.

Nah, the RPG does that already.
For example?

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 28, 2024, 12:07:40 PMFor example?

The description for the 6x6 Terra-Truck uses text from the wiki article (which I wrote, btw).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed