Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 300,650 times)

The Cruentus

Yes, if they had made it clear that externally she looked human but internally she had the complete structure of an Alien and the muscle and bone of them, bar the obvious shape like the head etc, then its less jarring but then how realistic is a crossing like this? Hybrids do exist i.e Ligers and Tigons but that is from a more natural method...so to speak, would cloning really do this?

See from my point of view, the Aliens seriously started off realistically, and avoided going to in depth into tech to keep it ambiguous such as how space travel worked etc.

Resurrection just doesn't have that tone, Ripley 8 is not the only ridicules thing in it.

I enjoy Resurrection for what it is of course, it is a fun film when like it for its merits and mindless fun, but its no Alien film to me, a parody at best.

Russ840

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 10, 2017, 03:57:52 PM
Yes, if they had made it clear that externally she looked human but internally she had the complete structure of an Alien and the muscle and bone of them, bar the obvious shape like the head etc, then its less jarring but then how realistic is a crossing like this? Hybrids do exist i.e Ligers and Tigons but that is from a more natural method...so to speak, would cloning really do this?

See from my point of view, the Aliens seriously started off realistically, and avoided going to in depth into tech to keep it ambiguous such as how space travel worked etc.

Resurrection just doesn't have that tone, Ripley 8 is not the only ridicules thing in it.

I enjoy Resurrection for what it is of course, it is a fun film when like it for its merits and mindless fun, but its no Alien film to me, a parody at best.

Dude. I see the first three as one, gritty, faux realistic story with a beginning middle and end.

Resurrection, for me, is like a comic book Aliens story come to life. I like it for what it is but I treat it as a new story and something separate than the preceding three.

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2017, 03:34:03 PM
Yeah and they were cut off from what I remember. I loved the Ripley 8 concept. The novelization does it far more interestingly. Gets into it a bit better. I would have loved to have seen more of that explored.

She has scars on her back but they're all but impossible to spot in the final film.

BishopShouldGo

Alien: Resurrection had a perfect opportunity to be a beautiful, cerebral sci-fi movie. But it's most interesting elements were underdeveloped. You have these two specimens who discover each other, and are beautiful and powerful but are seen as less than human. I really would have liked to see them bring each other's humanity out in more ways, stronger ways. Call should've been revealed as an android immediately. The best parts of this movie are Ripley and Call's moments. Principally their initial meeting, and the chapel scene.

It would've been the Ripley and Call show if I were writing, and the movie would open with Ripley's wheat field nightmare, and then would show Call the Auton getting away. Less concern with a Ten Little Indians paradigm, more science. More scenes like the clone discovery as well. Call also would have been more robotic.

A4 really does have some of the franchise's best dialogue though: "I should have known. No human being is that humane..."

The Alien Predator

While it's been several threads of back and forth debating, 122 pages on this one alone...

I feel that if we were to all meet and go to a pub together, it'd go a lot like this.  :laugh:

Bishop, what'd Hicks tell you about knocking away Huda's cup? :P

Valaquen

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 10, 2017, 09:32:58 PM
A4 really does have some of the franchise's best dialogue though: "I should have known. No human being is that humane..."

"Fork."

"f**k."

::) :laugh:

BishopShouldGo

No, more like the example I gave.

426Buddy

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 10, 2017, 09:58:47 PM
No, more like the example I gave.

" Earth, man. What a shithole."

BishopShouldGo

Ehh, I don't like that one.

SM

"Kill you!  Does that compute?  Or would you like me to draw you a schematic?*GACKK*"

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, I like that one.

Master

Who do I have to f**k to get off this boat?
I can get you off. Maybe not the boat.

Oh, Johner is such cool guy  :D

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, Johner is such a cool guy.

The Alien Predator

"This would make a nice souvenir."

BishopShouldGo

I like that one!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed