Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 32,040 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 15, 2022, 09:48:34 PMNot enough sexualised imagery

All of Polis is sex imagery.

Spoiler
Ya boi literally gets his own biomechanoid suck machine, before he gets cut open by the Jockey-looking bone doctor.
[close]

Nukiemorph

Definitely more sexual stuff toward the end. But yeah, this felt a bit more Zdzisław Beksiński than Giger to me.

Anyway, just finished it. f**king loved it. I'm just sad that it was over in 6.3 hours. (I see others claiming it takes about 4, but I suck.) The short length was reflected in the price, but not in the 8 years I've been waiting to play.

Cosmic Incubation

Started playing it over the weekend and reallllly loving it so far!
So atmospheric!

Definitely seeing a lot of Beksiński influence, but still a good amount of Giger too. I love both artists, so I'm not mad either way.

Looking forward to finishing it! 

Wweyland

So is this more like a "walking Simulator" like Dear Esther or more of an atmospheric shooter? I've heard both very good and very bad things about this.

Nightmare Asylum

Started playing this this evening. Took a bit to get used to (and spent way too long on that early claw machine puzzle), but I'm starting to get pretty into it. It looks really neat, for sure.

Deathbearer

it makes me feel like i have a smooth  brain when i walk around like an idiot trying to find things to interact with and not knowing what the f**k i'm doing.

dave1978

Im enyojing it so far, a little frustrating at times but not too bad.

One thing that i have done that helps is to imagine this is how Prometheus should have taken the Space Jokey story.

xShadowFoxX

Just bought it. And I love it! 8 years, I've been waiting and it's finally mine. The combat is a little repetitive, but the world, the mystery, and the art is what enthralls me. If anything, I think it would be better without the combat, keep it as a first person adventure game. The puzzles, I think, are really well implemented and pretty easy to solve.
It's also frustrating to know that this is actually sort of how I imagined the space jockies and their story altogether, and it's actually a real shame this isn't what Prometheus was.

Nightmare Asylum

Got to some combat today and yeah, it's very clunky. Still really digging the game on the whole, though, grueling combat and all. I just unlocked achievement 006, which seems to have me at roughly the midpoint of the game I'm guessing?

Really loving just looking around and exploring the world, and the puzzles have been solid. The art and sound design are the real stars, though. As much Giger as there is here, I'm also seeing pretty much equal parts Cronenberg right now.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I am a little disappointed that the game is pretty short. After an eight year development cycle, I was expecting a lot more. But it doesn't detract from the overall experience! It's still pretty immersive and the story, it took me a bit, but i at least got a grasp of what the whole thing was, even if it is up to interpretation.

I did find it weird that one of the min req was an SSD when it plays just fine on a regular HDD

DemonicD13

When Halloway asked, if the engineers created us who created them? This is the world I imagine.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 17, 2022, 06:55:56 PMSo is this more like a "walking Simulator" like Dear Esther or more of an atmospheric shooter? I've heard both very good and very bad things about this.

I'd describe it as an atmospheric walking simulatior, with moderate amounts of puzzles and shooting, and those two can get a bit hard sometimes.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm having a bit of trouble with a (the?) boss at the moment. Spoilers for some of the mechanics of the boss fight:

Spoiler
Phase 1, easy enough. Get him to run out of ammo four times, shoot the gross little testicle things spilling out of his side during each reload cycle, easy enough.

It's phase 2, where I have to shoot the little guy inside his chest cavity, that I'm having trouble with. Taking a break for now, since I've been at this all morning. Will come at it with a more fresh mind this evening. I'm guessing I must be pretty close to the end of the game at this point.
[close]

All in all, even though the combat can be pretty grueling (mostly because it's so clunky), I'm still pretty into Scorn as an experience. Very happy I'm giving it a go.

I know the AVPG Twitter page made mention that they're going to be doing some kind of feature on the game, so I look forward to checking that out!

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 19, 2022, 02:17:47 PMI'm having a bit of trouble with a (the?) boss at the moment.

That's the only part for which I needed a walkthrough.

Spoiler
In phase 1, for the longest time, I thought I needed to shoot him before he'd kneel and let his ballsack things out. So I kept running out of ammo there.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Oct 19, 2022, 08:30:30 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 19, 2022, 02:17:47 PMI'm having a bit of trouble with a (the?) boss at the moment.

That's the only part for which I needed a walkthrough.

Spoiler
In phase 1, for the longest time, I thought I needed to shoot him before he'd kneel and let his ballsack things out. So I kept running out of ammo there.
[close]

Spoiler
I actually made the same exact mistake at that point many, many times. Somehow convinced myself that it was two hits to the knees before he would drop; I guess my two hits were just coinciding with him running out of ammo. Oops. :laugh:
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed