Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop (Read 36,415 times)

Kel G 426

QuoteIts blows my mind how hyped people are for this film considering we know NOTHING about it.

It's okay to be excited about things. 

TS

TS

It's funny how my original post was deleted...weird people around here...

Some people just don't seem to understand that without properly showing the Alien and without an awesome story and horror and suspense, an Alien movie would suck. It's not about guns or actors. The Alien is the only actor that really matters.

Origin

It's a good thing they decided to slap a bunch of unnecessary modern-day accessories on a futuristic weapon to make sure they appealed to the "tacticool" CoD xx420noScopexx audience.

Way to f**k it up, Neill.

Lonely Universe

Wow, what a load of unwarranted negativity.

Kel G 426

^Sums up most of the thread.

Origin

Origin

It's really just lazy on the part of the prop master. Hardly unwarranted, I and lots of other are just sick of this kind of practice that aims to "future-up" stuff in nearly every movie that's come out for a while now.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Origin on Oct 16, 2015, 09:28:38 PM
It's really just lazy on the part of the prop master. Hardly unwarranted, I and lots of other are just sick of this kind of practice that aims to "future-up" stuff in nearly every movie that's come out for a while now.

As Huda mentioned, it's most likely just a mock-up he threw together himself in order to get fan feedback. The movie doesn't even have a prop master yet. It's highly unlikely that the ones that will appear in the film will be using contemporary off-the-shelf reflex sights and rails. I'm pretty sure Neill knows better than that.  ;)

windebieste

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Oct 16, 2015, 08:51:39 AM
Is anyone NOT looking at Alien 5 as a spinoff? Blomkamp seems to be interested only in making his own sequel and not actually contributing to the already established alien saga. We will always have aliens that take on host traits, even if he changes this, they will just be alternate types to me.

BTW I am expecting more of a colonial marines movie with aliens, rather then an alien/aliens movie with colonial marines if you know what I mean. Still excited but keeping realistic expectations.

This.  This is what I am thinking Blomkamp has in mind.   There's no reason why movies 3 & 4 have to be retconned at all.  There's no reason why 'ALIEN 5' and the other 2 movies can't exist in the same Universe and share the same time line without  bitchslapping each other around, competing for canonicity. 

The only thing that's preventing this being the case is the insistence that Ripley and Hicks MUST be in it.   I say ditch 'em and bring a fresh batch of characters into the new movie and send the USCM into the fray once again in a story that runs parallel to the events depicted in 'ALIEN 3'.  That's an outcome I'm hoping for.   

Honestly, Ripley is done.   She's dead.   I really don't want 60+ year old Rippers taking down xenos once again.   That's just lame.  Soooo lame.

It would have been great in 1988!

But not now.

-Windebieste.

Jace Madan

Not really a fan of all of the changes, most of the stuff mounted onto the rails (and the flash suppressor) really seem to break up the classic design. And that giant laser module looks kinda silly mounted on the side. I would think that far into the future a targeting laser/illuminator would be miniaturized quite a bit.

Since it does look like there probably will be Colonial Marines in the film (and not just their weaponry) I wonder if we will see any changes to the armor.

Kel G 426

Looks awesome to me.  Can't wait to see it in action.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 16, 2015, 10:35:09 PM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Oct 16, 2015, 08:51:39 AM
Is anyone NOT looking at Alien 5 as a spinoff? Blomkamp seems to be interested only in making his own sequel and not actually contributing to the already established alien saga. We will always have aliens that take on host traits, even if he changes this, they will just be alternate types to me.

BTW I am expecting more of a colonial marines movie with aliens, rather then an alien/aliens movie with colonial marines if you know what I mean. Still excited but keeping realistic expectations.

This.  This is what I am thinking Blomkamp has in mind.   There's no reason why movies 3 & 4 have to be retconned at all.  There's no reason why 'ALIEN 5' and the other 2 movies can't exist in the same Universe and share the same time line without  bitchslapping each other around, competing for canonicity. 

The only thing that's preventing this being the case is the insistence that Ripley and Hicks MUST be in it.   I say ditch 'em and bring a fresh batch of characters into the new movie and send the USCM into the fray once again in a story that runs parallel to the events depicted in 'ALIEN 3'.  That's an outcome I'm hoping for.   

Honestly, Ripley is done.   She's dead.   I really don't want 60+ year old Rippers taking down xenos once again.   That's just lame.  Soooo lame.

It would have been great in 1988!

But not now.

-Windebieste.

I agree. Do something with the back up team that was coming in 17 weeks. Plenty of scope there.

This looks like an airsoft gun, I it's going make it into the final film. Looks amateur and uncool.

Lonely Universe

Well, I'm not sticking around for the rest of this bratty thread.

N.B., if you're checking this site just know that the true fans have got your back. You're literally the only guy in Hollywood suitable to pull off fixing this most beloved but broken franchise. Everything you're doing is spot on, keep it up. If you have to toss out a couple of notoriously bad films, so be it. When some snot nosed punk insinuates that your efforts are 'fan fiction' just remember that you've actually made kick ass movies instead of wasting away behind a keyboard in your parent's basement. I have every bit of faith in you & may your Alien blow the rest out of the g*****n airlock!

NickisSmart

At least they're pulse rifles. Sounds good to me.

Vermillion

Just make it sound as good as this.
http://youtu.be/eWLSd75mrqg

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: 8BA on Oct 17, 2015, 01:02:01 AM
Well, I'm not sticking around for the rest of this bratty thread.

N.B., if you're checking this site just know that the true fans have got your back. You're literally the only guy in Hollywood suitable to pull off fixing this most beloved but broken franchise. Everything you're doing is spot on, keep it up. If you have to toss out a couple of notoriously bad films, so be it. When some snot nosed punk insinuates that your efforts are 'fan fiction' just remember that you've actually made kick ass movies instead of wasting away behind a keyboard in your parent's basement. I have every bit of faith in you & may your Alien blow the rest out of the g*****n airlock!

This!  Preach on Brother 8BA!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed