Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,391 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 25, 2010, 06:27:39 PM
With you on this one. I hate teh fat Predz.

Where is all this fat you guys are talking about?
I may be blind, because I don't see any.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

It is because they look chunky with all the extra armour. Some people didn't like the bulk.

Despite the fact that behemoth preds had been very present in fan art for years prior to the AvP movie, the pred fans all seemed to hate them.

Personally the bulk is not what bugged me, but how shit their faces were. Same problem I had with the 'super' preds in Predators.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

I still don't know if I like or hate the "super" preds face.

DERP

But I think this one looks pretty damn good.

Personally I think the bad preds need more teeth. Upper and lower, maybe more on their mandibles. That, and a more pronounced brow. The harlequin look can only go so far.

If the only way to distinguish between the two pred types is by the brainy bits on the super preds noggin than there will be some problems down the line if they go for the 'Blood Feud' predator on predator route for the sequels(s)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kriszilla on Dec 27, 2010, 03:58:53 AM
It is because they look chunky with all the extra armour. Some people didn't like the bulk.
Doesn't quite explain why they are called "fat". Bulk of the armor is one thing, fat is a whole different thing. They just wanted to throw mud at the Predators perhaps? I'm tired of hearing oh bwook the preds were fatties lolololol... it's nonsense.

Quote from: Spaghetti on Dec 27, 2010, 06:26:24 AM
DERP

:D

I really liked the second still too. After seeing it I kinda hoped the BSP had pupil-less red eyes. Now that is something I'd have liked.
LOL @ the "Derp". XD
Personally I think the bad preds need more teeth. Upper and lower, maybe more on their mandibles. That, and a more pronounced brow. The harlequin look can only go so far.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 27, 2010, 08:29:42 AM
Doesn't quite explain why they are called "fat". Bulk of the armor is one thing, fat is a whole different thing. They just wanted to throw mud at the Predators perhaps? I'm tired of hearing oh bwook the preds were fatties lolololol... it's nonsense.

It's just an expresion , nothing really serious about their fat.
The point is that the preds in AvP looks too much like Vikings warrior instead of african hunters/warriors (masay)

Whatever the worst thing about them would ever be their terrible faces. scar's face photo should be link with the world "failure" in every dictionnaries.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Despite the fact that behemoth preds had been very present in fan art for years prior to the AvP movie, the pred fans all seemed to hate them.

True

And they simply have much more armor than any other movie predators. After all, theyre going after aliens, not humans, and theyre fighting in a cold

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Never really read any of the comics and in the movie all the same, it's going to look substantially different than it does in a comic. Part of the problem was that the suit actors in AvP were short; under the standard 7 foot marker like KPH.

DERP

If the only way to distinguish between the two pred types is by the brainy bits on the super preds noggin than there will be some problems down the line if they go for the 'Blood Feud' predator on predator route for the sequels(s)

It's kinda like Newborn. Supposed to be hideous and repulsive, yet I still dislike it.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 27, 2010, 04:32:38 PM
Never really read any of the comics and in the movie all the same, it's going to look substantially different than it does in a comic

Well, but the AVP movie didnt invent the monster teamup, and the mere idea of the joint franchise wasnt what made it so popular, but that original series was. So if someones doing an AVP movie, I expect it to be faithful to the source of AVP mythology, which is the first AVP comic. And since they had so much armor on that they looked very bulked up, I didnt mind it in the movie either

It's kinda like Newborn. Supposed to be hideous and repulsive, yet I still dislike it.

Hideous and repulsive, but cool looking. Like alien is, yet for me the superpred looks ridiculous

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Mr. Black would likely be more tolerable for me if his mandibles weren't so f**ked up. Give him the scars and make him look demonic with a new eye design, but give us regular mandibles.

SiL

SiL

Part of the problem was that the suit actors in AvP were short; under the standard 7 foot marker like KPH.
Only the stand-ins; Predators was the first Predator movie to not have any tall actors (And f**k did it show at the end).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's obvious that a Predator that faces an Alien should have more armor... imagine Celtic right there when the Alien throws acid at him using the wound on its tail... if there was the original armor there, he'd have a pretty big acid burn right there, don't you think?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 30, 2010, 12:40:27 PM
It's obvious that a Predator that faces an Alien should have more armor... imagine Celtic right there when the Alien throws acid at him using the wound on its tail... if there was the original armor there, he'd have a pretty big acid burn right there, don't you think?

Armor isn't necessary, just acidproof skin and super-sandals.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 30, 2010, 03:58:54 PM

Armor isn't necessary, just acidproof skin and super-sandals.

Funny how their armors arent acidprof but sandals are, heh?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Dec 30, 2010, 05:38:07 AM
Part of the problem was that the suit actors in AvP were short; under the standard 7 foot marker like KPH.
Only the stand-ins; Predators was the first Predator movie to not have any tall actors (And f**k did it show at the end).

I didn't even notice it in Predators. I was too busy cringing at Mr. Black's face.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 30, 2010, 12:40:27 PM

Acid-proofing...which seems to be most widely accepted argument where this is concerned.

Rincewind78

Rincewind78

AvP
Well – very disappointed it finally got to the big screen. After lots and lots of talk back in 92/93 about it – and then the idea being scrapped because "too much interest for younger people who shouldn't be watching those kind of films" (or something along those lines). Loved the comics very much, especially the first story in that universe.
So was very surprised when they announced this in 2003. Saw Paul WS Anderson slowly develop it. Saw him slowly make a complete disaster of it. Saw the film – and what a complete disaster it was.
Only because (mainly my big problem) it's set on earth...on modern day earth!!!
Oh – and it's also a PG13 / 12 rating – thus feels like a shit kids film.

Some great creature designs. Loved the aspects taken from the comic. Liked the queen running around at the end.
Complete wasted opportunity though.
What's with the alien's lifecycle (already mention many times I have noticed). But I was like WTF when I saw that on screen!!!

Overall wasn't happy with it.
and why wasnt Stan Winston invovled?!

AvPR
voted for this
Still not so happy with it being set in earth – but preferred it over AvP.
Didn't like the teen pussys, but said thank you to God when they all died horribly.
Enjoyed the Predator's arsenal of weapons. Those wall stick bombs where very cool.

But sadly that PredAlien hybrid was simply simply awful. Dreadlocks?????!!!!!!!!
Over the years – I have seen many concepts for predAliens – and liked most of them. Didn't like this one at all.
And what the hell was with that reproducing with pregnant ladies???!!!!
Some good sequences though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed