Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,406 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I just thought that, while we're blowing the faults of these movies out of proportion, I'd go the full monty.

SiL

SiL

At least in Power Rangers the grey dudes at least SOMETIMES hit the Power Ranges. Sometimes.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

They were called putties.

And they were true ballers.

Jorko_Beliata

Jorko_Beliata

To be honest, the guys in the rubber suits did great work!  ;D
Best sequence in the AvP movies! Ever!  ;D
Nothing beats scene in which a Predator beats the living cr*p out of alien like it's a training dummy!  8)

SiL

SiL

This is why people don't like Predator fans.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2010, 10:32:24 AM
This is why Alien fans don't like Predator fans and AvP ideas.
Xenos treatment as sacks of training, a living part of the dojo. Object rather than subject. Thoughtlessness. Lack of reflection.

IMHO.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: keylight-di on Jan 08, 2010, 11:00:27 AM
Xenos treatment as sacks of training, a living part of the dojo. Object rather than subject. Thoughtlessness. Lack of reflection.

IMHO.
am i an expection? Still alien over predator i am, although i like both.  :D

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

although the story needed help on avpr i did like it more because of the action, but it needed a better story thats for sure and better acting in some parts. I guess i'm just an action guy.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: The Dude5000 on Jan 08, 2010, 11:04:31 AM
Quote from: keylight-di on Jan 08, 2010, 11:00:27 AM

IMHO.
am i an expection? Still alien over predator i am, although i like both.  :D

Me also... (with a tendency Predator, a bit stronger attraction for me ;)). I love them both and it's very difficult to understanding for some...
Because  they are perfect complement for each other, and they are fascinating in this same way.
But yes, we are exception.
Unique... ;D
Quote from: The Dude5000 on Jan 08, 2010, 11:20:09 AM
although the story needed help on avpr i did like it more because of the action, but it needed a better story thats for sure and better acting in some parts. I guess i'm just an action guy.
Story in AvP is far from perfection... But IMHO is much, much better than unlogical, gore, teenegers AvP:R.

Jorko_Beliata

Jorko_Beliata

Well I can't see why it should taken as offense. I mean, if a Predator mops the floor with an Alien, and someone likes it, why should you get pissed off...
It does goof the idea of the almost-everything proof and invincible alien, but that's ever since Aliens...

Guess you'd hate Herk Mondo stories either (which I like even more!)...  ;D

SiL

SiL

I love the Herk Mondo comics.

But they're comics.

What I hate is Pred fanboys' "Preds should wipe the floor with Aliens" mentality.

Jorko_Beliata

Jorko_Beliata

It's not necessary to happen, just love it when it does!  ;D
Everybody likes what he likes. :)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

There's enough stories out there that rape the Alien canon hard enough to Predators superior combatants to Aliens.

It's not only a trivialisation of the creature itself, but of the Alien movies that we get emotionally invested in. Every time a Predator mops the floor with a dozen Aliens, I feel a pang of regret that some half-assed comic book writer is inadvertently invalidating Ripley's struggles.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: Jorko_Beliata on Jan 08, 2010, 11:35:56 AM
It does goof the idea of the almost-everything proof and invincible alien, but that's ever since Aliens...

Not really...

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Especially since Alien 3 made it clear that it took specifically armour-piercing weapons to significantly damage Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed