AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,444 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Wait - how is AvPR so far ahead in this poll...*sigh*

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I would think it's because people prefer it... ::)

The Demon

The Demon

AvPr was great after watching AvP.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Amen to that. AvP:R kept me awake.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Well, alright - lol. I just prefer AvP a lot more than AvP: R. I wanted AvP: R to be an improvement but in my mind it just took the franchise further away from what it is by turning it into a sub-par slasher flick.

The Demon

The Demon

True. But the Predators were a lot better in this one. I thought the Aliens were going to be better...

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2009, 03:35:47 PM

It put me to sleep about half way through.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2009, 03:35:47 PM

Kinda went the other way around for me. :D

Mr. Stizout

Mr. Stizout

Both sucked balls!

Predboy

Predboy

Yeah, pretty much, but AVP kept me awake atleast.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 04, 2009, 01:40:10 PM
Yeah, pretty much, but AVP kept me awake atleast.

AvP:R was so dark, i thought i was TRYING to go to sleep. It was like having my eyes closed, except darker.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

AvP was so boring it got the point where I shouted at the screen (literally) "DO SOMETHING!!!".

The Demon

The Demon

Yeah I know. AvPr had better action, creatures looked more from their origins, although the Aliens were poorly portrayed. And of course the notorious darkness issue. even with that, I'd rather see that than AvP.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

One is an over the top comic book onscreen (AVP) and the other one is a low budget slasher teen movie (AVPR)

Both cant  be taken seriously, but both can be a mindless entertainment once in a while (althought admiteddly, i havent seen either in quite some time)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

AvP was a shitty excuse for a Alien/Predator movie, but as a stand-alone sci-fi horror adventure flick it was pretty aight and had its moments even though they were few. Anderson might not be Mr. Kurosawa, Kislowski or a Bergman, but he does at least know the fundamentals of basic movie making. AvP:R is just pure dreck! Sure, it had some fun gore effects and Wolf was such brawny macho retard that the testosterone in my shriveled kiwis started pumping caveman juice right into my system - strike another pose Wolfie Boy, bully another Bubbamorph, yeah! But as a movie it was beyond suckage since it wasn't really a movie. They must have edited that thing with a rusty lawnmower and buckets of festering bacon grease, because it had nothing - nothing! It is as if the brothers had no clue what they were doing  ::)  ...The dialogue was badly written and badly delivered (and not in a cheesy kind of way - it was just bad-bad). The action lagged, was badly timed and since the lighting was non-.... Ah, crap you've heard it a billion times before. We all know that AvP:R sucks, no need to kick this mangled horse carcass any longer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed