Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,383 times)

Nachtfalke

Nachtfalke

Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2009, 04:51:53 AM
But then it's pointless coming up with a reason for why it is the way it is, if the reasoning doesn't make any more sense than a lack thereof.

People complained that the Aliens didn't do much to fight Wolf, you included, so I surmised that it MAY be due to the Predator exploiting the pressure points I SUSPECT the Aliens to have, much like humans do in certain martial arts.
No, there is no evidence on either creature's part, past or present, that this is possible, neither is it something the filmmakers intended to show. Its my very own THEORY.

...or whatever gets you through the night. I'm done and bored with this.

SiL

SiL

QuoteNo, there is no evidence on either creature's part, past or present, that this is possible, neither is it something the filmmakers intended to show. Its my very own THEORY.
It has nothing to do with whether or not it was shown in the past. It's just the fact the scene itself doesn't support it, so even if it is just a theory, it's wrong.

That's the problem with the movie. It doesn't let you explain it, because there's always one stupid thing the filmmakers did to make the answer invalid.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: Nachtfalke on May 14, 2009, 05:10:12 AM
People complained that the Aliens didn't do much to fight Wolf, you included, so I surmised that it MAY be due to the Predator exploiting the pressure points I SUSPECT the Aliens to have, much like humans do in certain martial arts.
No, there is no evidence on either creature's part, past or present, that this is possible, neither is it something the filmmakers intended to show. Its my very own THEORY.

It's not just that there is no evidence, it's also that the scene DIRECTLY contradicts what you're saying. If the Aliens are rendered helpless by pressure points, then their tails shouldn't be wriggling around

SM

SM

Easy fix.  He didn't get EVERY pressure point.

*runs*

Nachtfalke

Nachtfalke

Quote from: SM on May 14, 2009, 05:44:02 AM
Easy fix.  He didn't get EVERY pressure point.

*runs*

Exactly - the nerve clusters for the tails could be in a different area! Thats using your imagination!  ;)

*runs and trips*

Ijapa

Ijapa

AvP: R.

The concept behind AvP was better ... but the follow-through is what's important. I didn't expect anything better from Paul Anderson. AvP: R had more action and more violence ... now, those don't make a good movie and in this case, it's definitely true. It didn't make it a good movie.

It certainly more entertaining than AvP, however. AvP had all the terrible acting and dialogue and story elements of AvP: R ... but with no gorey exploitation. Plus, AvP: R had a way, way better Predator.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Nachtfalke on May 14, 2009, 05:10:12 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 14, 2009, 04:51:53 AM
But then it's pointless coming up with a reason for why it is the way it is, if the reasoning doesn't make any more sense than a lack thereof.

wow. Just wow.

predator55

predator55

to be honest I love both the avp and avpr, but I enjoyed avp a little more, going down into the temple etc! Altough avpr was fantastic to I really enjoyed that!  ;D

Requiem28

Requiem28

@ millzy

dude! you make 40 posts a day!?  you already have double the posts i made, and you registered about a year later than me! you registered only a frew days ago! i got to start posting more!

*welcome btw* ;) ;D

i agree with you about enjoying both AVPs.

dachande89

dachande89

I like both AVPs, but I still don't think they hold up next to the original alien or predator. We need more than great battle clashes, we need characters that we actually like, and they evolve with the story.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: dachande89 on May 29, 2009, 09:07:54 PM
We need more than great battle clashes,

Neither AVP film even succeeded in this.

predator55

predator55

Hahahahha thanks requiem good to be here, yeh i know prob to much i know, im just enjoying being on here hahaha and commenting on people's views and opioions lol, its good to see a site like this up  ;D! Yeh both avps are great i thought  ;D

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I did like being able to SEE the fights in AVP!

You know, rather than having to squint at them in 'Requiem'.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I feel like I'm the only person on this entire forum who didn't have a problem with AvP:R's darkness.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 30, 2009, 05:18:24 PM
I feel like I'm the only person on this entire forum who didn't have a problem with AvP:R's darkness.

How could you not have aproblem with it. You cant see anything and it's hard to tell who's doing what.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed