Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,441 times)

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: The Wolf on Jan 14, 2009, 11:25:54 AM
I agree. I was just saying the vision's were different. AvP visions were too different and was stupid. Everything on the Predator's in that movie was watered down.

I disagree. I like the individualistic visions, representing different mask types. The representations of the predators were not wartered down, they were portrayed as they should have been, unless you were talking about the violence? In which case, as stated before there was more Alien and Predator blood, and the director chose to do a less gory approach, instead using stylised violence such as the slow motin slicing of a face hugger.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The different masks were nice, but the Predators weren't watered down. They just looked silly. And were a bit stupid.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I go for the sequel.

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

the predators were Gigantic, fat and the ground shook when they walked, heck Celtic even crushed a skull by just stepping on it. They're dreadlocks were also too long covering their lower chests. I also hated the lion growl.. i would have liked the movie more if the Predators looked at least normal.

War Wager

War Wager

They wore armour to protect themselves. Whats the big deal? They looked odd but at least it would allow them to stay alive longer. :P

Requiem28

Requiem28

the polls are steadily changing! :o

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 15, 2009, 05:22:39 PM
I go for the sequel.

me too. i dont think they could screw up 3 times.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 16, 2009, 11:37:27 AM
They wore armour to protect themselves. Whats the big deal? They looked odd but at least it would allow them to stay alive longer. :P
That's not really a good statement you made.

"f**k if one of the Main creature looks and acts odd", that's what you basically just said, but the reason people come and see the movie are the Main attractions which includes the Predator, so when he looks like a gigantic couch potato with parts of an Air Plane stuck into its ass its OK for you? Not to mention the ridiculous facial expression Scar has.

Talk about piss poor Aliens fans whining about their flashy Alien designs.. ::)

War Wager

War Wager

I've never moaned once about their flashy, sorry, fleshy designs. The point is there's a load of reasons for 'em to be wearing a lot of armour.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Other than them being slow and fat? Coulda fooled me.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2009, 12:22:42 PM

Warning! This thread has been exposed to extreme levels of blasphemy!

Mockery aside, am I the only one who noticed people with predators/predaliens in ther names/avatars/sigs seem to all think AvP:R Is great?

I, however, believe it is clearly NOT.

Wolf may have been better designed, but he wasn't better used.

It's like old-design batman desperately fighting for his life with King Kong while Dark Knight-style-batman beats up a retarded chimp.

The newer one may look cooler, but you have to ask yourself, "Is he really that great if he never even faces REAL enemies?"

Because, let's face it, the Aliens in Requiem were the biggest shitsmear on the Aliens franchise ever.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Jan 16, 2009, 09:33:58 AM
the predators were Gigantic, fat and the ground shook when they walked, heck Celtic even crushed a skull by just stepping on it. They're dreadlocks were also too long covering their lower chests. I also hated the lion growl.. i would have liked the movie more if the Predators looked at least normal.

Yes, being massive is badass. Think of some of the Predators as the weight lifters/ wrestlers of the pack. The reason the Predators have different skin colors is they're like snakes, and different types of snakes have different colorations. This can be adapted to dreadlock length and sheer bulk. I think having al types of Predators, come Celtic to Wolf and Pussyface, is a nice touch and more realistic. I like the growls, remind me there are predatory beasts underneath the mask.

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 16, 2009, 12:18:26 PM
the polls are steadily changing! :o

Interesting isn't it. The film critics hated AvPR more, but the fans liked it more.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2009, 12:22:42 PM
That's not really a good statement you made.

"f**k if one of the Main creature looks and acts odd", that's what you basically just said, but the reason people come and see the movie are the Main attractions which includes the Predator, so when he looks like a gigantic couch potato with parts of an Air Plane stuck into its ass its OK for you? Not to mention the ridiculous facial expression Scar has.

I went to AvPR to see a quality movie, with good acting, film technique and thrills.

I liked the Predators in AvP, their portrayl was not overly wrong, just slightly different to the lithe creatures we've seen before.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 16, 2009, 08:20:39 PM
Other than them being slow and fat? Coulda fooled me.

Armour is sexy.

Quote from: Kriszilla on Jan 17, 2009, 01:15:12 AM

I, however, believe it is clearly NOT.

Wolf may have been better designed, but he wasn't better used.

It's like old-design batman desperately fighting for his life with King Kong while Dark Knight-style-batman beats up a retarded chimp.

The newer one may look cooler, but you have to ask yourself, "Is he really that great if he never even faces REAL enemies?"

Because, let's face it, the Aliens in Requiem were the biggest shitsmear on the Aliens franchise ever.

QFT. You've also neglected to mention the lack of imagination in the entire thing.

Quote from: Kriszilla on Jan 17, 2009, 01:15:12 AM
Warning! This thread has been exposed to extreme levels of blasphemy!

Mockery aside, am I the only one who noticed people with predators/predaliens in ther names/avatars/sigs seem to all think AvP:R Is great?

...  nup.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

This is what my dog thinks of AVP-R

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So why's he chewing on a red puppy?

War Wager

War Wager

After watching the two back-to-back, AvP was actually far more enjoyable. Time to change vote. Again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed