Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,383 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I do think AvP did an alright job of actually having balance between the Aliens and Predators.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
I do think AvP did an alright job of actually having balance between the Aliens and Predators.

As time goes on, I'm finding myself more sympathetic to that idea. I still think the overall film is lousy though.

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

The first is a masterpiece compared to Requiem. My God, that movie is unbearable for me. I get headache to try to discern what happens in the dark. In addition, that is located in the Earth and in the current time takes away much interest. Every good Alien movie needs a futuristic or extraterrestrial setting.

Milan

Milan

I've been jumping between likeing and dislikeing both movies. In the first movie the Predators didn't act their part, in the second the aliens didn't meet the standard. There are some stuff that are controversial in both movies...Like Grid haveing a magic tail because without it, it would have taken some thinking to kill chopper without him being alerted, in the second movie the some of the Aliens lost their acid effect  and some didn't, wasn't enough money for it I was told, that's some real B.S right there, if you don't have money for a scene then work around it.
I'm not against it takeing place on earth but I would have liked a future setting more, hopefully one day we'll get one cause that's what they missed from the start. I wonder how a cgi movie would do with a story and characters taken from the first comic. Broken tusk needs a movie :-D

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2016, 12:00:24 PM

Not sure about that, the predators were insanely stupid and over-confident, even by predator standards. That said, both sides never really got mary-sue/Marty stu on each other, as both got casualties and both got victories, so yeah I suppose that is a fair assessment all things considered. The actual fight was bad though.

cheachea

cheachea

*Imagine If we could get an R Rating like AVP-R but the Lighting of AVP.

*Also, The Make Up and Costume Designs of AVP-R but the writing and acting of AVP.

D88M

D88M

AVP is mediocre and generic, AVPR is bad in every sense but the score, which is more epic than the movie

SM

SM

The soundtrack was a mixtape of previous soundtracks.

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Quote from: cheachea on Dec 27, 2016, 08:28:49 PM
*Imagine If we could get an R Rating like AVP-R but the Lighting of AVP.

*Also, The Make Up and Costume Designs of AVP-R but the writing and acting of AVP.
Just no. AvP movies turned the Xenos into stupid weakling and the Predators into stupid super brutes that have plotarmor, the ones that don't get plotarmor die quickly.
And the whole Pyramid and Predators being Gods things is really stupid.

SM

SM

Sounds a little contradictory.  They have plot armour - except when they don't.

Was Grid a stupid weakling?  Or did he also have plot armour?  Except when he also died - off screen no less.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The Aliens were not weaklings either, at least in the first movie anyway, that said, Grid never actually won a fight, it killed one predator by being stealthy, completely in line with their nature by the way and it killed Celtic because of the latter's idiotic behavior. Celtic won the fight but lost the night.
Predators were not super brutes either, Celtic and Scar were incompetent, the former more so. Though I didn't like their design, masks were fine but their physique and faces were not.

Now if you was talking about AVP-R then yes, the Xenos were cannon fodder and Wolf was a walking tank.

The pyramid concept is not a bad one at all, don't get the hate about that.

SrSpinelli

SrSpinelli

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2017, 05:00:04 AM
Sounds a little contradictory.  They have plot armour - except when they don't.

Was Grid a stupid weakling?  Or did he also have plot armour?  Except when he also died - off screen no less.
Grid was a plot device. Scar and Wolf had plot armor and survived against ordes of Xenos while Celtic, Scar and various veteran Predators died to the Predalien and were f**king stupid.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 03, 2017, 01:43:13 PM
The Aliens were not weaklings either, at least in the first movie anyway, that said, Grid never actually won a fight, it killed one predator by being stealthy, completely in line with their nature by the way and it killed Celtic because of the latter's idiotic behavior. Celtic won the fight but lost the night.
Predators were not super brutes either, Celtic and Scar were incompetent, the former more so. Though I didn't like their design, masks were fine but their physique and faces were not.

Now if you was talking about AVP-R then yes, the Xenos were cannon fodder and Wolf was a walking tank.

The pyramid concept is not a bad one at all, don't get the hate about that.
Scar and Wolf had Plotarmor, all other Predators died quickly in a stupid way(Celtic and the Elites from the second movie), Grid was a plotdevice.
The Pyramid is simply stupid, pretty sure there is no honor in faking to be a God, the whole thing of forcing the xenos on the Predator culture, it's just stupid.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

They were not pretending to be gods, they were just worshipped as such, don't see a problem with that since humans are known to be superstitious and worship absurd things.

Grid was just a Xenomorph, nothing special really, it was just acting like they usually do, being sneaky and opportunistic which is fine.

Celtic's death was stupid and completely avoidable if he even had half of common sense. Scar didn't do anything special other than actually getting some kills and being slightly more competent until he decides to take his mask of when there are facehuggers about, and not even realising his predicament despite having woken from the floor.

Gill's death is fine imo, it shows how sneaky the Xenos are, the elites from AVPR were stupid, in the fact the predalien probably only kill two or three, the rest were killed by the incompetent idiots who blasted a hole in the hull.

Wolf was over-powered hence why he had to be so stupid as to not to be even more of a mary-sue/marty-stu.

SM

SM

QuoteGrid was a plot device.

How was he a plot device?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Yeah, a plot device is what moves the story a long. I don't see how Grid fits into that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed