What do you think of being able to "hide" from the Alien?

Started by Jegeren, Apr 25, 2014, 12:47:18 AM

Author
What do you think of being able to "hide" from the Alien? (Read 24,340 times)

Spoonman101

It is impressive that a lot of us try to implement logic in the alien universe but I for one have given up on this a long time ago.
The continuity of this franchise both cinematically and through cannon has been beaten and raped like the fat guy in deliverance.
There are more than a handful of loop holes in the alien universe's plot line. Surely whether you can hide from an alien or not isn't worth more than 12 pages of consideration. Just hope for Burt Reynolds to come in and rescue the story with a bow and arrow.

SM

Thanks to you we're onto 13.

Hell-Scorpion

How about a pistol as DLC you can hide but you can shoot the f**ka at the end of the game.

OpenMaw

There's a pistol in the game already. You can try to shoot the bastard already. You'll likely get your face torn off and shown to you for your trouble, though.  ;D

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2014, 07:49:32 PM
There's a pistol in the game already. You can try to shoot the bastard already. You'll likely get your face torn off and shown to you for your trouble, though.  ;D

Wonder if gun fire hurts/damages the alien?

OpenMaw

I doubt it'll do more than piss it off or drive it away for a short amount of time.

Salt The Fries

The gun also acts as an usable item, you have to draw it first. They've said that is to prevent the game from having an FPS feeling.

predalien48

well for one it would be different and better because for once you have to survive and hide instead of going around shooting aliens,facehuuggers,etc. That's really cool though the only aliens game I can recall close to this is the one level in colonial marines "the Raven" where you have to avoid those boiler aliens. This would probably attract more people to it as long as it doesn't pull one of those it looks like a awesome game and turns out to be crap. But the screenshots and trailer make it look good.

Dill-On

I think that it's impossible to hide from ALIEN, because he has much better sensors than human eyes.

However, "Alien: Isolation" is only a game. Entertainment.
My "Ripley Edition" is on the way ;)

SM

Local Trouble

You can hide from a perfect organism?

SM

Apparently.

Local Trouble

The queen seemed quite capable of tracking Newt's movements.

SM

I don't think it's any l33t skillz to be able to see through a grill.

Crazy Rich

I watched newer gameplay.

The Queen could see Newt because you could see somewhat through the grills. In the new gameplay I watched the player was under the floor and you can see up through the grill to see the alien that could see down through the floor and the alien went into speed mode into the vents, at first it seemed the alien was gone, but then the player got got as the alien found it's way under the floor knowing exactly where the player was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed