OMG I just realized Covenant is out a week early here + there's Alien/Aliens

Started by Salt The Fries, May 03, 2017, 03:25:38 PM

Author
OMG I just realized Covenant is out a week early here + there's Alien/Aliens (Read 1,118 times)

Salt The Fries

I was just casually browsing cinemas in Poland until I accidentally bumped into a mini-event, that is a screening of director's cuts of both Alien, Aliens as well as Prometheus and Alien: Covenant in one marathon. The order of screening will be determined through voting. The screening will commence at 10pm on May 12 and finish at 7:30 am the next day. I was under impression it's gonna be screened on the 19th in Poland. I remember how Prometheus was pushed back like 2 months, because we had European Football Cup when it had a world premiere.

Man, I've never seen Alien or Aliens in the cinema. And now they're gonna be screened in their director's cuts! I remember seeing posters for the original Alien when it was first re-released in early 00s but I somehow missed it (I lived in the country back then and the closest town with the cinema was like 5 kilometres away, so if you didn't see such things, you could easily miss it). Alien and Aliens were also screened again like 2 years ago during some Halloween special event in a cineplex in the city where I live, but we didn't have that particular cineplex back then. It was opened like a couple of days after said event, so my city wasn't included! I was furious, I felt like I missed an opportunity of a lifetime because of something so trivial...

Now it feels like an opportunity of a lifetime! I've been a fan since 1993. "You've been in my life so long, I can't remember anything else."

Ragonk_Force

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 03, 2017, 05:11:16 PM
Omg
Is that a sarcasm or a genuine sympathetic expression of joy? : >

Teh internets is not a good vessel for conveying such things sometimes...

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: Salt The Fries on May 03, 2017, 05:37:33 PM
Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 03, 2017, 05:11:16 PM
Omg
Is that a sarcasm or a genuine sympathetic expression of joy? : >

Teh internets is not a good vessel for conveying such things sometimes...
Not sarcasm, im genuinely excited for you. Sadly, i have to wait til the 18th

acrediblesource

Technically the final cut of Prometheus is the director's cut as mentioned eveerywhere i know including the special edition bluray.
A:Cov has a director's cut ???

Ragonk_Force

I'm already lookong forward to the covenant Bluray. The prometheus extras were fantastic

Salt The Fries

Quote from: acrediblesource on May 03, 2017, 10:22:49 PM
Technically the final cut of Prometheus is the director's cut as mentioned eveerywhere i know including the special edition bluray.
A:Cov has a director's cut ???

Only Alien + Aliens will be in DC. I thought I did a decent job with the wording, by saying "as well" instead of just commas, but it turns out I didn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed