Studio ADI

Started by StJimmy, May 02, 2017, 04:40:35 PM

Author
Studio ADI (Read 7,790 times)

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

I thought it was really offensive what they did to the franchise , and also morally.

They were trying too hard and all their nerdy best to act like it was a 'horror' movie and did so by doing stuff like the pregnant women and some other stuff.

What i found mostly appalling was doing it to an already pregnant woman. I could have lived with it being some random patient that was sitting with a broken leg or something like that, but - apart from te entire movie sucking b*lls - doing that to a pregnant woman was absolutely bad taste, morally shamefully degraded, and really worthless writing too. But well, one can write an entire essay over how bad it was/is, let's just forget the entire thing.

As for the original, it's really amazing how it came to be such an amazing work. It really is. Just think of all those elements that if originally persued, would have completely ended ridley's movie career, made him the laughing stock, and the movie one of the worst b-movies ever.

Think about the original design of the alien for starters. the weird three-legged, predator-blade nails having, weird reptilian starwars-faced alien, that originally was to have tentacles. The movie was called 'starbeast'. the ship was called the SNARK. The crew  were 6 guys waking up standing up fully naked, and having some clotheless interactions with eachother. Earth was called 'Irith'.

look at this picture for a second and let it sink in

And also, think about the original plan being for ripley to DIE, harpooning it doesnt do anything, It comes forward and it slams through her mask and rips her head off."
"then, cut to the desktop and the Alien's hand comes and [taps on the buttons] and then, in a perfect mimic, mimics [Tom Skerrit's dead ship captain] Dallas's voice, saying, 'I'm signing off.'"

was that all? hell no. Originally John Travolta was considered to play Ripley,

Then there also the suggestions the Alien was aroused by ripley or lambert at a certain point.

if you sum all of this up, it's absolutely crazy that it turned into the amazing work it was. absolutely crazy. to turn such trash into such a legendary movie, is really mind-blowing.

D88M

D88M

they did a good job on Alien 3 and A:R and other movies but lets what the new company has done in Covenant

Quote from: cliffhanger on May 05, 2017, 08:37:39 AM
What i found mostly appalling was doing it to an already pregnant woman. I could have lived with it being some random patient that was sitting with a broken leg or something like that, but - apart from te entire movie sucking b*lls - doing that to a pregnant woman was absolutely bad taste, morally shamefully degraded, and really worthless writing too. But well, one can write an entire essay over how bad it was/is, let's just forget the entire thing.

i dont want to steer off the thread, but i dont get the hate for this scene and the Hicks/Newt death, it is fiction, they are their story choices, you can agree or not with them but that doesnt make them bad, the problem with AVPR is that is a terrible movie all around so that part seems worse, but if the movie was good, who cares about who gets killed in fiction? like the Hicks/Newt death, i dont care for those characters, i dont mind if they die to serve the story, they served their purpose on Aliens already, like A Serbian Film, it shows atrocities of the lowest kind, but it is all methaporical, it serves a purpose to and in the movie and is not there just because the sake of it

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: cliffhanger on May 05, 2017, 08:37:39 AM
I thought it was really offensive what they did to the franchise , and also morally.

They were trying too hard and all their nerdy best to act like it was a 'horror' movie and did so by doing stuff like the pregnant women and some other stuff.

As for the original, it's really amazing how it came to be such an amazing work. It really is. Just think of all those elements that if originally persued, would have completely ended ridley's movie career, made him the laughing stock, and the movie one of the worst b-movies ever.

Think about the original design of the alien for starters. the weird three-legged, predator-blade nails having, weird reptilian starwars-faced alien, that originally was to have tentacles. The movie was called 'starbeast'. the ship was called the SNARK. The crew  were 6 guys waking up standing up fully naked, and having some clotheless interactions with eachother. Earth was called 'Irith'.

look at this picture for a second and let it sink in

http://s3.crackedcdn.com/articleimages/dan/movie_scripts/alien4.jpg

And also, think about the original plan being for ripley to DIE, harpooning it doesnt do anything, It comes forward and it slams through her mask and rips her head off."
"then, cut to the desktop and the Alien's hand comes and [taps on the buttons] and then, in a perfect mimic, mimics [Tom Skerrit's dead ship captain] Dallas's voice, saying, 'I'm signing off.'"

was that all? hell no. Originally John Travolta was considered to play Ripley,

Then there also the suggestions the Alien was aroused by ripley or lambert at a certain point.

if you sum all of this up, it's absolutely crazy that it turned into the amazing work it was. absolutely crazy. to turn such trash into such a legendary movie, is really mind-blowing.
You can Thank Ridley for that. The execs didnt want to use Gigers designs, they thought it was too much. Ridley insisted

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed