Studio ADI

Started by StJimmy, May 02, 2017, 04:40:35 PM

Author
Studio ADI (Read 7,842 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 03, 2017, 06:16:53 PM
This says all you need to know

Yes, that's the worst Predator to date, but wasn't that look what Paul Anderson wanted?

Regardless, still sucks.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 03, 2017, 09:28:34 PM

Yes, that's the worst Predator to date, but wasn't that look what Paul Anderson wanted?

Regardless, still sucks.
Makes me miss Stan  :'(

GQSioux

GQSioux

:laugh:

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

They looked like men in suits in the final film.

I still can't believe Ridley Scott is back. I'll never lose this sense of wonder and appreciation.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 03, 2017, 10:34:27 PM

I still can't believe Ridley Scott is back. I'll never lose this sense of wonder and appreciation.

We all heavily can't believe it either!!

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 03, 2017, 10:34:27 PM

Same here. Dream come true really

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 03, 2017, 09:47:16 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 03, 2017, 09:28:34 PM

Regardless, still sucks.
Makes me miss Stan  :'(

I remember Stan being upset when he didn't get the job. He really wanted to work on the first film.

Quote from: GQSioux on May 03, 2017, 09:55:12 PM

Yeah, this makes the other shitty shot look like Stan Winston quality work. Originally, there were supposed to show these pair of Aliens outside with the facehuggers before the bum feast. Thankfully, they chose to cut it out.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Seeing these designs it's no wonder AVP:R was so dark lol. Even the Brothers Strause knew the alien design were complete shit. I'm guessing they asked ADI to make the xenomorphs resemble the xenos from Aliens. We got these instead lol.

kwisatz

kwisatz

haha wtf, the right one looks like its wearing a headscarf

I will never understand why anyone who fancy himself a designer would monkey around with that iconic dome. Yes, looking at you too, film called 'Aliens'.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 03, 2017, 08:21:17 PM
I'm sorry but no, they specifically said they didn't care for the bio-mechanical aspect of Giger's work in relation to the alien because it didn't make sense from a biological perspective. [...]
That doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard or read from them, and I have been at it for three years and more. So yeah, I'd need to read the exact quote

The designs from Alien3, the Queen from AvP etc are very biomechanical designs. There are a lot of behind the scenes reasons for the look of the Resurrection etc Aliens, ditto the AvP Predators

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Its like they picked some random 5'10' guy off the street and said here, be an alien. No regard for the right bolaji like body type or the like. Horrendous

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 04, 2017, 06:23:42 PM

Its like they picked some random 5'10' guy off the street and said here, be an alien. No regard for the right bolaji like body type or the like. Horrendous

They might as well be walking around with baskets saying, "Trick or Treat!"

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

yeah, when you start paying attention, you start really noticing how awful it all was.

on the other end of the spectrum though, the more you pay attention to the 1979 original, the better it just keeps getting.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: cliffhanger on May 04, 2017, 07:02:52 PM
yeah, when you start paying attention, you start really noticing how awful it all was.

on the other end of the spectrum though, the more you pay attention to the 1979 original, the better it just keeps getting.
Thats the difference between pioneers and hacks

Alien Runner

Alien Runner

AVP-R was a predator fanboy movie. It f**ked with the alien lifecycle and made the drones like dumbasses. f**k u strauss.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed