Studio ADI

Started by StJimmy, May 02, 2017, 04:40:35 PM

Author
Studio ADI (Read 7,788 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

That design is so aweful it actually hurts.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: M_Tak on May 02, 2017, 10:35:18 PM
I feel the same way about the look of this particular Xenomorph, absolutely hate it, looks more dinosaur than anything

It does look like it belongs in a bad 'Jurassic Park' sequel.  I absolutely despise that dinosaur styled tail in particular.

Quote from: M_Tak on May 02, 2017, 10:35:18 PMWas this AVP:R?

Yep, that photo is indeed from 'AVP:R'.  To be fair, a movie that egregious deserved nothing more than the worst looking incarnation of the xenomorph.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

I always liked Stompy from Alien: Isolation, the best. :P

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: NickisSmart on May 02, 2017, 11:14:14 PM
I always liked Stompy from Alien: Isolation, the best. :P

"Stompy" is da man!  Well, da alien (born from da man), to be more precise.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Stompys design is awesome, can't deny that.

echobbase79

echobbase79

You can tell that suit has no money put into it at all. I'm actually glad the movie is dark when it shows the regular Aliens. They practically threw that together if I recall. All the money went to the Predalien and Wolf.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Good f**king riddance too.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 03, 2017, 12:26:14 AM
Good f**king riddance too.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/pumpkin.jpg

Was that studio ADI that did the 2006/2007 pumkinhead movie monster? The alien design for AVP R is horrible and fitting for their role as cannon fodder that entire film. Terrible.

You know what, I always felt the pumpkinhead creature was inspired by the xenomorph. Just found out that Stan Winston,who designed the Alien Queen, designed the original pumpkinhead creature.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Yeap. It's a great monster!

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Stan Winston also was the director of the original Pumpkinhead film (starring Lance Henriksen).

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

There was an old interview with Alec Gillis, and there he expressed his interest for the Space Jockey mystery:

QuoteI would love to create a living "Space Jockey" — and to see that design fleshed out and moving and performing would be fantastic... again, the only danger is... it's not just about the visuals — it's about the purpose and the story and it's about the character itself. You mentioned "Boba Fett" — "Boba Fett" was cool in his first appearance — and after that, I lost interest in him. He became just another guy in a "Star Wars" outfit. I don't think that his character brought much to the series — and he was just done kind of in an obligatory way... I wouldn't want to see that. However, that particular design, and the mystery of purpose of the "Space Jockey" would really be a great challenge to explore — both from a writing standpoint and a visual effects standpoint.

I don't like their xenomorphs, but after seeing the good job that they did with the unused alien pilot from "The Thing" prequel, I think that it would have been interesting to see their interpretation of the Jockey:

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

The ressurection xenos literaly make me angry. They look like they just got out of a pool they are wet and dripping from head to toe, and they have smoke coming out of their mouths.. can someone please explain that retarded design asthetic to me?

ADI is f**king dog shit

SM

SM

It's what the director wanted.

Post pics of spew "literaly" on your keyboard.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 03, 2017, 02:03:52 AM
The ressurection xenos literaly make me angry. They look like they just got out of a pool they are wet and dripping from head to toe, and they have smoke coming out of their mouths.. can someone please explain that retarded design asthetic to me?

ADI is f**king dog shit

A call-back to a reference of the Xeno as a dragon in Alien 3? I have no idea... Honestly I just internally retcon Alien Ressurection as some fever dream of Ripley sometime after Aliens.

markweatherill

markweatherill

After 'Harbinger Down' I'm sure the guys at Studio ADI have been too busy to have done Alien Covenant anyway. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed