Am I missing something?

Started by Vid, Apr 29, 2017, 09:39:10 AM

Author
Am I missing something? (Read 2,236 times)

Vid

Vid

Firstly, I know it's customary to post in an introduction thread, but I couldn't seem to find one, so I apologise if I have broken protocol and for starting a new thread on my first post.

Anyway, I've been a lurker for a while and decided to join to see if anyone can shed some light on a couple of things that I don't recall being mentioned.

First of all, I am assuming it's David we see in the trailers with the robe with the long hair, but how did he get long hair?! Even though it's normally slicked back I'm pretty sure it was never that long. If he is an android how has it grown? Or is this Walter who is apparently more organic and he can grow his hair? I guess it's inconsequential but it's really been bothering me!

Secondly, I haven't watched, but am obviously aware of the Neomorph births and have thought all the best bits seem to have already been shown, but what about the xenomorph? We know there is a facehugger running around and the xenomorph must come from somewhere, so is there an epic chestburster scene we are yet to see? I hope they are keeping something great back as a surprise. Maybe I've missed it but I don't recall anyone mentioning anything about the xenomorph birth.

Sorry if this has all been covered previously. I'll go off and see if I can introduce myself!

Infected

Infected

All i can say is, even if you die, your hair and nails still grow for a couple of days, you can have that 5 o'clock shade when you are laying in your casket, therefor i think around that timeperiod and the technology is far advanced we can grow hair or simulate hair growth, and for David its easy he can even have small hair winches inside his dome.

As for the xeno birth
Spoiler
Cruddup's character is lured towards the xeno eggs and eventually probably gets chestbursted, and your next question probably will be: how did David get the eggs, and that we will just have to wait and see :)
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Your hair and nails don't grow after you're dead, the meat around them dry up and recede. Making it appear as if they grow after death. David on the other hand was made in man's own image, who also consumes food, so hair growth isn't that big of a hurdle. He's simply a living organism made out of silicone. Hell, his hair could be nothing more than a form of waste disposal.

There's more than one facehugger seen in the trailers so I'm betting there is more than one xeno-type-alien. The guys who made it said we're going to be shocked at just how many aliens are in the movie. Also neat that both baby neomorphs survive and escape into the forest.
Spoiler
Honestly assumed that the first little guy bought the farm in the landing craft explosion.
[close]

Infected

Infected

Shut up rabbit!!!

Y U LIEEE!!!!! Y U LIE!!!!

Vid

Vid

Still not sure about the hair thing, I don't know why they've even bothered to do it unless it's to help differentiate between Walter and David other than the scars. I can't really get too hung up on hair though, so I'll just leave it there!

Didn't hear about them saying we will be shocked by the number of aliens, so that's good, I was fearing they had blown their wad and shown us almost everything. Maybe there will be some surprises after all.

Evanus

Evanus

But there will only be
Spoiler
2 Xenomorphs, right? And 2 Neomorphs as well.
[close]

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 29, 2017, 12:01:15 PM
There's more than one facehugger seen in the trailers so I'm betting there is more than one xeno-type-alien. The guys who made it said we're going to be shocked at just how many aliens are in the movie. [/spoiler]

Source?

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 29, 2017, 03:31:45 PM
There's more than one facehugger seen in the trailers so I'm betting there is more than one xeno-type-alien. The guys who made it said we're going to be shocked at just how many aliens are in the movie. [/spoiler]

Source?

The trailers. One latches directly onto Oram's face, another can be seen jumping towards a character, and we get another shot of probably the same one scuttling away along a wall.

I'm predicting two big xenos for the film. One will be killed planetside lulling the survivors into a false sense of security, and the other will hitch a ride back up to the Covenant.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 30, 2017, 10:14:40 AM

Source?

The trailers. One latches directly onto Oram's face, another can be seen jumping towards a character, and we get another shot of probably the same one scuttling away along a wall.

I'm predicting two big xenos for the film. One will be killed planetside lulling the survivors into a false sense of security, and the other will hitch a ride back up to the Covenant.

Speculative yes but I am thinking there is a surprise Xeno in the mix too. Something we have yet to see.... and not just shoehorned into the end of the film like the deacon in Prometheus.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: cucuchu on Apr 30, 2017, 10:27:22 AM

Source?

Speculative yes but I am thinking there is a surprise Xeno in the mix too. Something we have yet to see.... and not just shoehorned into the end of the film like the deacon in Prometheus.
Kinder surprise xeno!!!!  :D

oberonqa

oberonqa

Source?

That could also be the result of clever editing...

Evanus

Evanus

No, there are two Xenomorphs.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

David dyes his roots in Prometheus, which implies his hair does grow.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 30, 2017, 12:18:38 PM
No, there are two Xenomorphs.
Would it be cooler if that one xeno just wont die and even make it to the Covenant after all Waterston and Tennessee did to it?
I think the man has got a point about clever editing, for two xenos you need two facehuggers thus two victims and two eggs, to trigger the egg to open, one needs to be close to it, besides Cruddup's character i dont see who or what is giving birth to the second xeno, we are assuming there will be two xeno's but as the facts are now, i cant see why i have to assume that, although some leaker said there will be two xeno's.
So im in doubt.

SiL

SiL

The trailers already shows two: one with a cracked dome outside the ship, one with an undamaged  dome inside.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed