Aint No Jockey, just a Suit...

Started by Stanley, Apr 23, 2017, 07:24:36 PM

Author
Aint No Jockey, just a Suit... (Read 5,964 times)

Necronomicon II

Yeah, even the head gear totally infusing onto the head explains the teeth, thus chair, suit, body became one. I won't be surprised if there will be some degree of re-thinking and rejigging however, now with Seagers and new writers on board, and with Seagers saying that they're edging into the biomechanical aesthetic; saying that's part of the 'larger story', then new twists and revelations seem inevitable.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

God, it probably will end up being David in the chair. Fossilized a few years before Alien! Destroyed by his creation! It's like some sort of weird O. Henry yarn.

Necronomicon II

It may not be what we want but if executed really well it could still be cool in its own right, it's just the matter of explaining how David could harbor a chest burster as a synthetic...Like, they'll probably cook up something but still, I'm not quite sure if they'll go that route, I just want some other big bad to put cocky, prideful David in his place and literally make him the last ingredient in the creation of the big chap, "You're not a God, you Peter O'Toole loving fool". ;D

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 04:28:59 AM
God, it probably will end up being David in the chair. Fossilized a few years before Alien! Destroyed by his creation! It's like some sort of weird O. Henry yarn.

This is my thought. And the eggs will be the colonists from the Covenant, in Cryo, eggmorphed.

Necronomicon II

Delicious.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 24, 2017, 07:40:05 AM

This is my thought. And the eggs will be the colonists from the Covenant, in Cryo, eggmorphed.

Yeah. I just find it all very pat and simplistic and diminishing of the franchise, from David's role on down.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 24, 2017, 07:40:05 AM

I theorized this in another post a few weeks ago and continue to believe this. I also believe the original space jockey is the Engineer's version of an autonomous pilot. An Engineer grown out of the pilots chair in a ship grown around it to safely transport dangerous cargo. Would also explain why the derelict looked different and the ship itself organic.

Necronomicon II

An autonomous pilot would be cool.

hollypops

hollypops

I would say Ridley has 2 ways out of this.

1. Going with his creationist theme,were as in the Bible the Angels who appear to the humans on Earth are the Engineers and the Gods have yet to be seen.

2.How Davids actions are being played out ,are actually history repeating itself ,and the created (Android/Engineers) are themselves aping their superiors both in appearance and motivation to overthrow their creator (creators)

Both scenarios easily allow the Jockey to be a ligament species.
The Space Jockey as we saw it in 79 will return.

Nyarlathotep

I wouldn't get my hopes up on that if I were you.

MajorB

MajorB

The space jockey will be Danny McBride. In the future, whenever you watch Alien, you will be reminded that the mysterious fossil is Danny McBride. Canon. Forever.

Spoiler
Ridley's statement that they're going through the "backdoor" to Alien tells me that the Jockey may already be there or something less obvious than being David or Daniels or whatever.
[close]

rabidranger

rabidranger

I know many don't want it, but I have to think the "Space Jockey" is a character from Covenant.

aliennaire

aliennaire

With three or four more Alien films in Ridley's mind on the way, I doubt we will get Space Jockey explained any time soon. Yet, it feels like this uncanny perished creature demands some grand backstory and purposes in the franchise.
PS. Maintaining 'No dude in the suit' crusade  :P

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Ridley is only planning two more Alien films not 4.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 24, 2017, 05:20:55 PM
Ridley is only planning two more Alien films not 4.

QuoteBut Scott is far from done with the Alien saga. The director has a new trilogy planned for the series that will end at the beginning, as they say, with the events of the final film leading into the start of Alien.
Source: http://collider.com/alien-covenant-prometheus/#ridley-scott..
Still, it all depends on the success of the movie at hand, as Sir Ridley stated elsewhere.
(I have got a hunch Covenant will be booming)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed