Alien: Covenant Movie Theater Marketing.

Started by echobbase79, Mar 15, 2017, 11:46:40 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Movie Theater Marketing. (Read 3,623 times)

echobbase79

Just curious if anyone has seen the trailer attached to any new releases as of late?

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 10, 2017, 10:06:28 PM
Just curious if anyone has seen the trailer attached to any new releases as of late?

I saw the green band trailer with Ghost In The Shell.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 10, 2017, 10:06:28 PM
I saw it attached to Kong Skull Island and Logan. Looks amazing on the big screen

Necronomicon II

Before Life too.

Whos_Nick

Only good part of seeing Life in theater was getting Covenant trailer 2 before it.

Necronomicon II

Corporal Hicks

I caught the international trailer with Life in the UK.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

At the cinema now to see Life. Total of 3 covenant ads

The real AG

I saw the 2nd trailer (Greenband version) prior to Logan at AMC (Tempe, Arizona). The reaction from the audience for the trailer was excellent. While most other trailers went through with no real acknowledgement from the audience, the Alien: Covenant trailer bought an audible sense of excitement among them, and there were some clapping once it began, and then when it finished.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, there's a real desire for another Alien movie. Expect critical and commercial success somewhere around the Alien, Aliens and Prometheus bullseye.

$600 million worldwide, $600 million worldwide folks.

fiveways

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 11, 2017, 09:24:06 PM
Yeah, there's a real desire for another Alien movie. Expect critical and commercial success somewhere around the Alien, Aliens and Prometheus bullseye.

$600 million worldwide, $600 million worldwide folks.

I'd be shocked.  Logan didn't hit $600 million.  I am thinking it does Prometheus money.  The high level of gore will keep some viewers of prometheus away.

Corporal Hicks

I doubt it'll come anywhere near 600 million. I'm thinking it'll either do as well as Prometheus or just below it.

windebieste

Something has to go very wrong for this movie to not do well.  It's an 'ALIEN' movie.  Not some kind of weird 'PROMETHEUS' split personality thing that has trouble identifying with an established audience. 

Most people on these forums didn't see the first film on the big screen when it was released.  Many saw it on TV or VHS or DVD for the first time.  The same can be said for the 3 sequels as well.  How many of you aren't going to see it at the cinema?  I believe most of us will.

Considering that's how most people have been exposed to these movies via home entertainment that's potentially a huge number of people that will see 'ALIEN: Covenant' at the cinema. 

-Windebieste.

cliffhanger

i remember when prometheus was released, most people commented on the movie that they felt the movie lacked the alien and that's why they were tad disappoint. In fact, most didn't at all dislike the movie (its not perfect but no movie is, we can all filter through minor hardly noticable flaws except for youtube hipsters), but simply 'missed' the alien, and that rather dominated the 'public verdict'.

we're getting the xeno hammered into our face so there is no single way this won't atleast do as good as prometheus. and from what i see, it's all very promising and  i must say,

i did like prometheus, and i also really liked the trailers, but i'm far more excited on this movie from the trailers alone compared to prometheus.

soundtrack is comforting too, though it remains to be seen how it will play out in the movie, but i think it will do great.
The prometheus trailer is legendary with that amazing 'alarm' in it.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 12, 2017, 07:35:24 AM
Something has to go very wrong for this movie to not do well.

I think this is going to be a case of reviews and word to mouth to make it either a highly successful movie or a bomb. If it's a great movie it'll do well, if it stinks it will probably kill the franchise.
Coming two months after Life ( that was by all accounts good without being great ) and one or two weeks after Guardians of the Galaxy depending on the markets, I think Alien Covenant is set on an ideal release date. Life would have wet the appetite of people who want a good horror movie in space, so if Covenant is a great horror Alien movie it could do very well with that crowd. And after Guardians ( which will probably be a great movie ), people will be in the mood for adventures in space but probably looking for something different than a comedy, so a Horror movie could do very well.

The main issue would have been the connection to Prometheus, a lot of people having liked the movie ok but not been wowed by it, so that's why I think they have been really clever in the marketing to focus on the Alien. Prometheus fans will probably be satisfied with the connections if the movie is very good, so I think they were right to chase a different audience on this one.

If the movie is a really well done, well acted, tense, scary experience, and as gorgeous as it appears to be, Covenant really has a lot going for it and could do incredibly well at the box-office. But if the movie turns out not to make a cohesive whole, or if it has obvious flaws, it could really fall apart after the first few days.

My money is on it being a great movie. I'm sure it'll do well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed