Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating)

Started by JaaayDee, May 28, 2012, 02:22:15 PM

Author
Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating) (Read 206,536 times)

EEV-2501

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2012, 07:09:22 PM
Aliens managed to gather a crowd of characters into a room and give them all their say. Prometheus doesn't manage this; it doesn't even try. They don't even need character arcs, just character.
Spoiler
The way Chance and Ravel chirpily agree to end their lives and ram into the Juggernaut ... I couldn't believe it. What do these guys think of life and death? Nothing. They're props and nothing more.
[close]
Absolutely. It's pathetic. :(

mastermoon

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 01, 2012, 11:40:54 PM
I just did a search using the keyword Prometheus on twitter...and again...OVERWHELMINGLY positive reviews...and yes, there are people who were/are disappointed in the film...but, for now, it looks like Fox has a bonafide hit on their hands, despite fanboys and girls upset because they didn't get the film the expected. ..

Sorry to say this but McLee & other fans were expecting too much :laugh:.

Alienseseses

Seems like the kind of movie people like but don't love. I'm usually lenient on movies that are seen this way (I liked Tron Legacy and John Carter) so hopefully I'll like it?

ThisBethesdaSea

I dunno...what I read is waay more then just a passing like... words like 'awesome, amazing, great, fantastic, loved it' again, the predominant tone I'm reading from all over the internet.

Ooze on First

The average Joe seems to like the movie beacuse most of them actually have lives.
They don't have the time nor inclination to develop bad fan-fic in their heads and then complain when it's not on the screen.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 02, 2012, 12:34:58 AMThe average Joe seems to like the movie beacuse most of them actually have lives.

My god, you've figured it out! Your insight into the human mind is exemplary.

Pfft.

ThisBethesdaSea

I am starting to have a sour taste in my mouth after reading such fanboycentric negativity. I finally get it.

Cohaagen

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 02, 2012, 02:56:24 AM
I am starting to have a sour taste in my mouth after reading such fanboycentric negativity. I finally get it.

Oh, here we go. I wondered when that word would get an airing. It's like a rusty shotgun the empty-headed haul out when their vocabulary fails them. It's also a meaningless, lazy term that has absolutely no descriptive value or definition except maybe "someone who has an opinion I disagree with".

People are entitled to have whatever views they wish, including negative. From what I've seen, those who dislike the film have almost always been able to put their gripes into detailed, point-by-point form, while most of the laudatory reviewers appear to have problems being specific - unless words like "awesome" and "badass" are your idea of expressive. I was going to say that their opinion is just as valid as yours or something like that, but in fact it's more valid, because they've actually seen the movie, and you haven't. If someone feels negatively about Prometheus, so what? If your enjoyment of the picture is contingent on the attitudes of others then maybe you need to rethink your viewing habits. Nobody is forcing you to read them. From what I've read of your posts it's clear that you are determined Prometheus will be great and that you will enjoy it, even if the film turns out to be two hours of B&W footage of a steam train pulling into a station. So why sweat over the views of others? I saw the film yesterday and thought it stank like refried roadkill, but that doesn't affect anyone else's enjoyment, except perhaps the hyper-sensitive.

ThisBethesdaSea

Wow....Bloody Disgusting....4/5 that's crazy!

Cvalda

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 02, 2012, 04:11:15 AM
Wow....Bloody Disgusting....4/5 that's crazy!
How is that crazy? It's a horror fanboy website. What did you expect?

ThisBethesdaSea

Knowing that site I expected them to hate it. They loved it.

ChrisPachi

I am surprised too - they are usually pretty hard on plot holes and weak scripts, that reviewer in particular. If the other reviewers are having those gripes I would've expected BD to have them as well and made an even bigger stink of them... odd.

JaaayDee

With 216 reviews, Prometheus now stands at 80% fresh.

RagingDragon

"You call what these people have lives?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed