Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 93,041 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: brennan4 on Oct 21, 2010, 11:31:52 PM
Well that's probably the conversion rate. So does this come with Extraction too?

Nope, I think that's a PS3 paid exlusive. The PC version gets the Hacker Suit, the
KAAAALII MAAW SHOKDEDAAAY suit and attached force gun and the Cutter Replica.

brennan4

brennan4

Wel I'd actually prefer that, but will probably get the PS# one when it comes out.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Just played and completed this game! Bloody amazing!! Now onto Dead Space 2...is it just as good?

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Mar 21, 2011, 02:16:49 PM
Just played and completed this game! Bloody amazing!! Now onto Dead Space 2...is it just as good?

it's both better and worse, but better in more ways that it is worse, it's got a stronger story but it loses a lot of the bleakness and isolation of the first game.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 21, 2011, 02:31:09 PM

it's both better and worse, but better in more ways that it is worse, it's got a stronger story but it loses a lot of the bleakness and isolation of the first game.

Thanks dude! Will get a copy this weekend.

Although Im tempted to go back and try to get the "One Gun Trophy"

i did one gun on my first playthrough :) it meant that when i went into dead space 2, using multiple weapons felt like a brand new experience

Keg

Keg

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 21, 2011, 06:59:08 PM
i did one gun on my first playthrough :) it meant that when i went into dead space 2, using multiple weapons felt like a brand new experience

So did I when I first played it. I fully upgraded my plasma cutter and thats all I used. I pretty much did the same with Dead Space 2, where I only used the plasma cutter and pulse rifle and that was it. On subsequent playthroughs i then use all the nodes I collect to upgrade and have fun with all the other weapons. I never use more than three weapons at once anyway because I find I end up running out of ammo and swtiching guns too often.

And I agree about Dead Space 2 being a better game with some aspects, and not with others. I enjoy them both equally, I dont think I could choose between them. Dead Space 2 is certainly spectacular at times.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 21, 2011, 02:31:09 PM

The story in this one is good but the opening, I am not talking first few minuets I am talking opening of the story in general like first couple of chapter. I personally find it a mess the introduction to the first few characters was too quick, you could of added at least a bit of info before there telling you to get to places. Though saying that it is probably just getting it in quickly that it is a fast paced game which I realized at that part where literally 10 game changing set pieces happen in about a minute when in most games just one of those would be split up the whole game and each lasting about 5 minuets.

It is very much the aliens to alien in almost all aspects

Keg

Keg

What game are you talking about here? It sounds like your talking about Dead Space 2 but this thread is the first game. Ive played through Dead Space 2 four times now and ive gotta say at first I too, thought the first third of the game was a bit, "woah what the hells going on", but after replaying it a few times ive picked up the story and how it unfolds better. Same thing happened with the first game. you just start to notice little details and also when you go back again, youre like, oh right...

People complained that there didnt seem to be a purpose to Isaacs actions for alot of Dead Space 2 but thats not the case. The first game, repeatedly set you goals to achieve, which ultimately was for Isaac, Kendra and Hammond to escape and it felt like you where doing exactly that. Each time you solved a problem, something else cropped up that you couldnt ignore and it lead you on a terrifying journey through the ship that you had to undertake to have any hope of escape and then in the final third the story kicks into gear and its no longer about escaping.

In Dead Space 2, we still have this same structure its just not as obvious and its doesnt change from chapter to chapter like the first game. Dont read this Kev because it will spoil the second game for you.

Spoiler
Isaacs first goal is to meet up with the people who freed him because they claim to know whats happened to him and can help him. He then moves through the Sprawl until at the end of Chapter 5 he finally meets up with them, only to find out they tricked him for their own gains and he escapes. Next he is contacted by Stross (who had previously been a part of the story, leading upto this with the video log of his interrogation, and random encounters with him along the way) and he wants to find him so they can figure it out together and destroy the marker. He then meets Ellie and he tells her the plan so they try and head for the goverment sector. Everything that happens along the way, neccessitates where he goes next, just like the first game. For example, on their way to the goverment sector, they are cut off, which requires him to get onboard the Ishimura so he can use its gravity tethers to line up the tracks so they can proceed. Its still the same sort of structure, its just not as obvious. Basically he needs to get from A to B and because of unforseen events the poor bastard always ends up going through the entire alphabet before he gets to B. Early in the game for example when hes on the train, if it hadnt crashed, he wouldnt have had to go through what he did in Chapters 3,4 and 5. But unfortunately for him the train did crash and he was forced to find an alternate route, on foot, to find them. He would have met up with Daina alot sooner otherwise. See what I mean?
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

1 - Dead Space makes me feel like the first 2 Alien films combined = so awesome.

2 - Why... WHY must I play games on hard?  It does make it scary as hell, but it also switches from terrifying to irritating to chuck-the-goddamned-controller infuriating when you die over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

The best video games are beaten by the player's skill, not by dying so much that you learn the exact layout of the game and can pretty much cheat and anticipate all of the threats.  Dead Space accomplishes this fairly well, though some parts are simply maddening on hard, as you don't ever have enough credits, ammo, stasis, or health, and the necromorphs are so ridiculously tough that you soon resort to hucking coffee thermos's at them as you try and survive.

Why do they even make hard, those sick a-holes?  It says hard, so I must beat it down and say "blah haha, twas a simple matter."  Yet, it remains, well... hard.

Damn.

PS - Chapter 8, Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, Line Gun, Force Gun, Level 4 Rig, Low Ammo, Flat Broke, 1 Medpac, Working Middle Finger, High Spirits. 

Keg

Keg

Theres your problem. Four guns. The game dishes out the majority of ammo based on what guns you have in your inventory. You will find more ammo for the guns your using. So your ammo is spread across four guns and you quickl;y run out of each. Put two of your guns into storage and keep your two best ones. That way youll have space to double hold a shitload of ammo for your two main guns and you can focus on upgrading those two so you get the best out of them.

hell i completed DS the first time with just the plasma cutter, since there was a trophy for it, and i always had way too much ammo,

Keg

Keg

So did I actually. I realised early on that sticking to one weapon, meant I could use my nodes to upgrade everything else, and ive have plenty of money that i wasnt spending on other weapons and ammo. A fully upgraded plasma gun is one of the best and easiest weapons to use. I did a similar thing on my first playthrough of Dead Space 2 as well, only this time I used the Plasma Rifle as well but that was it.

Subsequent playthroughs allow you to use all the nodes you collect to upgrade and have fun with al the other weapons you didnt try out and thats what I did. I still havnt really tried all the weapons in Dead Space 2 properly to be honest.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 06, 2011, 09:45:36 AM
hell i completed DS the first time with just the plasma cutter, since there was a trophy for it, and i always had way too much ammo,

Opposite for me. I still found myself low on ammo even when using only the PC.

Keg

Keg

With one gun, the amount of ammo lying around to be picked up, meant I didnt ever need to  buy ammo from the stores. The only things I bought were nodes and occasionally medpacks if I was running low.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed