Fangoria, anyone?

Started by SiL, Oct 17, 2007, 05:40:23 AM

Author
Fangoria, anyone? (Read 35,342 times)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Gates on Oct 21, 2007, 12:22:37 AM
Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 21, 2007, 12:21:45 AM
Isn't it amazing how the shots from movies made back in the 80's look better than current movies?

Amazing and sad all at the same time... :-\
Thats true.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Oct 20, 2007, 11:51:52 PM
QuoteNo he will not survive. In Red band trailer accid burned out his eyes, nose and whole facial part of the skull in few seconds, getting inside his head. It is hard to live with melted brain.

I was working under the impression that it was a different person, but rewatching the trailer, it probably is the same miserable bastard.

But my point still stands: Just because a person gets acid on their face does not guarantee death.

Yeah, I think he just threw the alien off him and ran away with his life.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Gates on Oct 21, 2007, 12:19:09 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 21, 2007, 12:03:39 AM
[...] For one thing, those aren't the tubes. That is the tail. There are no tubes on that suit.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6515/scan0002jk2.jpg

Are you blind!? That excuse makes ZERO sense. There are two separate dorsal tubes hanging, like limp di<ks as I said before, from the back...and what would a tail be doing coming out of its back and not it's a$$?

Thank you but try again next time...

You're missing the point. The tail is coiled up. It is coming out of his posterior, and is up in the air by his back, and bending.

Besides, we know the tubes aren't floppy. We've seen other shots of it.

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

"why the Preds wore the extra armor. It wasn't because of the cold,"

no, it was because Paul Anderson was trying to say predators like the preds in the original films weren't good enough to fight aliens, they needed more armor, and bigger weapons, he says so right in the docs, and its pathetic, he pretty much shits on the original predators, and I'm happy, that for whatever reason, that this predator has a more bare chest, and less armor on the arms and overall, because thats how the original predators were.

also, that is a picture taken of those two creatures in between takes on what was probably an action scene, that was probably a stunt suit of lesser quality for the alien, meaning the details didn't need to be perfect, or maybe, they had some bad luck, and the water weighed down the back tubes.

and personally, I'd rather judge footage of these creatures from the films, as opposed to  screen shots, we have a trailer, no reason to judge off of screenshots, your living in 5 months ago if your doing that.

and the footage of both of these creatures looks great in the trailer, so I'm not comlaining about how off some of the production stills are...

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 20, 2007, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: Gates on Oct 20, 2007, 06:47:21 AM
Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 20, 2007, 01:34:02 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6515/scan0002jk2.jpg

http://www.ugo.com/images/articles/000901400/901237_big.jpg

Everytime I look at that alien I get insulted...it's just ridiculous...first off it looks like the alien is smiling, it's looking to make out with Wolf...LAME...and also the damn dorsal tubes are hanging like limp di<ks...LAME... :-X

Is it really that hard to pull off a half decent alien? Seriously... :-\
I have to agree, but the thing I find the most insulting, is the Alien's small stature. Even if he's slightly crouched (which, typically, human gestated Alien warriors are about a foot taller than preds when standing upright) his body size is way too small.

Is that how Wolf is able to take on so many Alien warrior's. He's fighting Alien "midgets"? Or is he on some kind of steroid? I just hope the Strause Bros. don't screw up these two beloved creatures, let alone the movie. Because there'll be hell to pay. lol

Yes, the short alien thing does offend the sensibilities of the serious fan.  Perhaps this alien is only a few hours old and has not reached its full stature.  That would be enough to suspend any disbelief for me.  Despite this, that big smile on the alien (well actually it looks more like a smirk) really is a bummer and that body looks more like pumpkinhead than an alien.  Look at the mouth on the original alien.  Much better, more realistic.  The smile makes that alien look fake. Colin if you are reading this could you please touch up that smile with something to make it look more real like the original? Hey, its worth a try.  :-\

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 21, 2007, 12:26:01 AM
You're missing the point. The tail is coiled up. It is coming out of his posterior, and is up in the air by his back, and bending.

I'm sorry but I really don't see it your way...those are clearly ADI's turd like dorsal tubes to me...

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Oct 21, 2007, 12:30:20 AM
and personally, I'd rather judge footage of these creatures from the films, as opposed to  screen shots, we have a trailer, no reason to judge off of screenshots, your living in 5 months ago if your doing that.

Well my original post was regarding the still itself on it's own merits...

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

To be fair, the reason the backtubes are dangling is because the water is weighing them down. I'm sure between takes they fix them up. That is a terrible shot though. :-\

Tundro

Tundro

ADI's alien? At first i hated the whole thing but it's kinda growing on me.  The more I see it the more used to it I get.  Giger's alien though is still the best by far.  And it does look like its smiling.  Freaky.  Lets see if Wolf can wipe that smirk off that Xenomorph's face.

WarMachine

WarMachine

Shit shit...just keep the original design...without the floppy dorsal fins and the smirk/smile. He's too short, and whatever it is I don't think he's crouching or anything, I think he really is that short.

I really hope they did fix them between takes, Yellow Alien, because right now they look terrible.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

SiL

SiL

Nope. You can see the Alien's tail around Wolf's leg.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

As you can clearly see, those aren't his tail. They are his tubes.

And Sil, that is his whip, which is made out of an Alien tail.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 21, 2007, 12:49:04 AM

As you can clearly see, those aren't his tail. They are his tubes.

And Sil, that is his whip, which is made out of an Alien tail.

The only thing I can clearly see is that there is a long dangly thing up by the alien's back. I seriously doubt those are the tubes.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I guess you don't know what an Alien's tail looks like than.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 21, 2007, 01:00:14 AM
I guess you don't know what an Alien's tail looks like than.
Oh, really?
I do recall the Strauses saying something about a stunt tail, when a real one isn't necessary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed