The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 92,031 times)

Azat Orynbassarov

Azat Orynbassarov

Corporal Hicks, I agree with you, just was answering on Evil the Predator"s statement about how the "true fan" of predator ;D When people using this "true fan" thing for me personaly feels like a superficial feel of superiority on the N subject. "Only true fan will understrand my opinion" "You are not true fan if you ..." etc. What people cant understand that sometimes it's a fluke and luck. I love Predator, it's my favourite movie from my childhood, but I don't put it on pedestal of high art. It's amazing pop corn movie with the Heart. It got lucky with the director, producer, actors, and of course Stan Winston's team.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

well we will all have to agree to disagree . My view is there is already an established character with its own mythology.. we don't need hybrid preds , we don't need predators using human weaponry , we just want a good decent film about the predator we have come to love . all I can say is I hope your right hicks and I'm wrong . I'll leave it at that .

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Feb 05, 2018, 11:07:48 AM
we don't need predators using human weaponry ,

Fun fact about this - did you know a Predator used an M16 all the way back in 1991 with the second ever Predator comic? It's actually something I quite like. Personally, I'd love to see a Predator pick up a Pulse Rifle on-screen like the old arcade game or the Peter Briggs script.

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Feb 05, 2018, 11:07:48 AM
My view is there is already an established character with its own mythology.. we don't need hybrid preds , we don't need predators using human weaponry

And that's your view on it and that is absolutely fine.  Doesn't make mine wrong. Personally, I'm happy to see them expand the lore outward as long as it's done well. Doesn't make your view wrong. I just really hope the film ends up being good and something a lot of people can enjoy, I really do.

Quote from: Azat Orynbassarov on Feb 05, 2018, 11:00:23 AM
Corporal Hicks, I agree with you, just was answering on Evil the Predator"s statement about how the "true fan" of predator ;D When people using this "true fan" thing for me personaly feels like a superficial feel of superiority on the N subject. "Only true fan will understrand my opinion" "You are not true fan if you ..." etc.

I know mate, I was also replying to Evil.  :) I dislike the phrase too.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

hicks it's not a case of who's right and wrong . It's opinions at the end of day .. what you don't seem to muster is I actually want to be wrong here . I really mean that . But after the hype surrounding predators and the disappointment it was , the script of the predator being leaked , the departure from what's gone before my gut instincts tell me this movie will be a stinker . Only time will tell .

Johnny Handsome

The first Predator had massive reshoots as well, as we all know only for the better.

FOX seems to really care this time, it's a good thing doing some stuff over instead of releasing a movie that doesn't feel right all the way through.

The Predator did have a bit of a troubled production last year though, initially the movie was supposed to wrap filming after 62 days, they didn't make that so it became 75 days, with 11 hour days. Maybe they looked at the footage and it just didn't turn out that good because of time restrictements.

Hollywood

Hollywood

EVIL,

It wasn't my intention to give off a belittling tone so I apologize if that's how you interpreted it. When people make a stand on a particular point of view, I try to quote every part of it and respond to each statement so as to not brush off aspects of the case they've built and better understand why they feel the way they do. That's why I said "I don't see how this helps your argument at all," as Dutch's cleverness was added in your response but I didn't understand its relevancy. I'm not asking you to repeat yourself, just to explain how it is relevant.

Adding to that, though, I don't see how anything you've suggested fixes elements of the mystery or proves The Predator is a "dumb monster movie". Here's why:

-'Predator' has an opening scene that lets the viewer know the film is a sci-fi film due to a spaceship flying by Earth and dropping "something" off.

-If the big reveal you're speaking of is our realization that Arnold is fighting against something outside of the norms of a grounded film, we already knew that early on into the movie.

-However, if the big reveal you're speaking of is simply the "awe" of seeing the Predator creature for the first time, then how can we fix that for a sequel? We cannot erase our knowledge or memory of what a Predator is, and your idea for a Middle East or Mexico setting cannot fix that either. I asked how a setting in Mexico or the Middle East fixes anything because I genuinely do not understand - it's not because I'm biased.

-As I asked before, are all the Predators in this film coming to Earth and killing anyone and everyone without prejudice or reason? If so, then I would agree that The Predator is being developed into a "dumb monster movie" but I doubt Shane Black would write anything that simple. Feel free to correct me if this is the case, as I have not read the script.

-Lastly, I never wanted you to "repeat" yourself, that's why I asked you many questions in my first response. I thoroughly read everything you stated and I genuinely believe your reasoning is flawed (if not, then I'd be happy if you explained it to me by answering my follow-up questions). This isn't me "rubbing salt in the wound," just trying to understand your claim when you say: "Predator is supposed to be mysterious, instead what we have now is a dumbed down monster movie."

EDIT: I'd also like to address that when I say "argument" I'm using the second definition here:
ar·gu·ment
ˈärɡyəmənt/
noun
noun: argument; plural noun: arguments
an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.

a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.
"there is a strong argument for submitting a formal appeal"
synonyms:
reasoning, justification, explanation, rationalization;

I'm not sure if we Americans use it more when presenting a stance, but in school when writing a persuasive paper, a common term that professors use is "present your argument with evidence and sources." I wasn't trying to have an angry discussion with you, "argument" has different meaning depending on the context.

Also, about your perceived contradiction in my "war film" statements: I don't see 'Predator' as a war film because it was presented as a sci-fi film early on. However, IF you take out the spaceship at the beginning, the predator vision, the vocal mimicry, the cloaked Predator and flashing eyes, the mystery might really pay off because the entire film would feel more like a war film up until maybe the waterfall scene. Just like how 'Split' is presented as a relatively grounded film before the rug is pulled from under us at the very end. However, this is not how the film was made, so I stand by my claim that 'Predator' never felt like a war film.

BigDaddyJohn

God only knows how much i love predator 1 & 2, but i don't use the term "true fan" personally, that would imply there are fake fans, but to me there are people who are fans and others that aren't, it's as simple as that for me  ;).

Regarding the upcoming movie, i'm for expanding the mythos and for new ideas as long as the execution is good and it don't feel cheesy. I trust Shane Black can pull it off, even though i don't think it will be flawless. I do think it will be entertaining, clever in some ways regarding some of the existing mythos, and sometimes maybe over the top regarding other stuff, but i'd rather see that than a bland, forgettable movie that it could have been.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

It's okay Hollywood I was kind of in a bad mood anyway so I do apologise , but look it's sort of hard to tell you why I don't like this new film without giving away spoilers , I appreciate that you don't want to ruin it , so I won't spoil it , we can talk after we both have seen it instead maybe ? Just for me I feel the plot and treatment of the aliens is weak .

Perhaps the word mysterious is the wrong word , what I was trying to say was like the original alien film by Ridley , Predator is suggested and hinted at , this gives the viewer who hasn't seen it before a sense of paranoia but also wonder as to what this thing actually is . Of course by the end of the film
He is exposed in all his glory and the illusion is gone, I was just commenting on why I felt the first film was a success. As for the setting , I was highlighting that 1&2 had a backdrop of human conflict going on , and I believed if it was set in current times the Middle East or Mexico would seem suitable . But I also think dropping a predator into the theatre of ww2 would work as well, or as I said taking a few pages out of the comics as there is some great story lines in there !! I'm not a blockbuster writer at the end of the day , I'm just a young guy who loves the "character" predator. And I just want to see a decent film get made before the franchise is screwed and done for because
People have been to often than not disappointed 😔

Original Predator

Re-shoots don't "mean" anything one way or the other.  Standard protocol.

I just wish this film was Blade Runner-sequel-esque vs. all this rigamorale.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Hollywood Dutch is relevant in the sense of predator took out his entire spec ops team and nearly Dutch too , that's to imply that predator is very difficult to kill . You have to keep the momentum going, they should be close to invincible. When this new film comes out you will understand why I'm disappointed.

Scorpio

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 05, 2018, 12:34:31 PM
The first Predator had massive reshoots as well, as we all know only for the better.

The first Predator's reshoots were because the original creature design sucked, so they went and got Stan Winston.

This looks like Alien 3 type situation, where test audiences complain about stuff, so they go back and reshoot scenes.

Hollywood

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Feb 05, 2018, 09:49:05 PM
Hollywood Dutch is relevant in the sense of predator took out his entire spec ops team and nearly Dutch too , that's to imply that predator is very difficult to kill . You have to keep the momentum going, they should be close to invincible. When this new film comes out you will understand why I'm disappointed.

End of the day it was a simple falling log that did him in, and not even the intended way Dutch originally planned. I'm sure a 9mm pistol isn't going to be what kills Predators in this one but I guess we will see.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 06, 2018, 06:28:56 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 05, 2018, 12:34:31 PM

The first Predator's reshoots were because the original creature design sucked, so they went and got Stan Winston.

This looks like Alien 3 type situation, where test audiences complain about stuff, so they go back and reshoot scenes.

Alien 3's script had gone through draft after draft as screenwriters and directors were hired and left‭. This caused a rushed production to meet Fox's spring '92 deadline.‭ ‬Plus‭ ‬huge sets had already been‭ ‬built,‭ ‬all based on the obsolete draft of the script.‭ ‬When filming commenced in January‭ ‬1991,‭ ‬the pages were still being rewritten‭ ‬with scenes crafted so they could take place in the set-pieces that had already been built. ‬Script changes were done on an almost daily basis and EXTENSIVE reshoots were done.

The Predator is reshooting for 2 weeks.

dallevalle

every single movie has reshoots its perfectly normal to have them. so nothing to worry about :D

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Hollywood it was a falling log Dutch had placed there as a trap !!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed