The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside

Started by ikarop, Aug 31, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Author
The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside (Read 63,019 times)

Predaker

Predaker

Well I finally got to see the clip of Randy addressing the playable females petition and it was disappointing, to say the least.

They are laughing about the petition because apparently its "wrong," Bella has been on the cover this whole time, etc.

Earlier in the origin live chat interview, Brian Burleson emphatically stated no playable females.

It feels like they don't even read their own forums. I hope gearbox proves me wrong with the panel tomorrow because Pitchford really came off as condescending towards the fans and ignorant of the situation.

EDIT: ChrisF, community manager at gearbox forums spoke with Pitchford about this and what Randy was referring to apparently were the press and media reports getting it wrong by saying no females in the game. I will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

allastorm

Ive been excited from this game from the get go. Even the new alien types dont bother me much... but something that is killing it for me right now is the aliens being in 3rd persion view.... Can anyone confirm if there is an option to switch to FPS for aliens? I mean this is a FPS after all...

Njm1983

Thanks ^ you pretty much summed up my exact thoughts.  This whole thing is damage control. Gearboxs own people said females weren't playable and pitchford expects us to buy his BS story about "having no clue where that story came from".  Its really hard to understand the marketing strategy behind "keeping playable females a secret" especially when its escalated to gaming forums and reporting agencies linking a petition started by fans explicitly requesting the feature.

acrediblesource

GB should be a collective mind. Like the hive of aliens.  or the borg.lol.

FightFinda

Quote from: allastorm on Sep 02, 2012, 01:29:05 AM
Ive been excited from this game from the get go. Even the new alien types dont bother me much... but something that is killing it for me right now is the aliens being in 3rd persion view.... Can anyone confirm if there is an option to switch to FPS for aliens? I mean this is a FPS after all...
One of the reports from a previous PAX event confirms that the camera switches to first person when the xeno is running through the vents.

@acrediblesource: Indeed, and I'm sure a lot of the fans would appreciate being assimilated into GBX so that they can make this game how they want. :)

PsyKore

Randy sounds like a techno track at this point. Seriously, every answer he gives in every video is word-for-word the same.

allastorm

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 02, 2012, 10:34:38 AM
Quote from: allastorm on Sep 02, 2012, 01:29:05 AM
One of the reports from a previous PAX event confirms that the camera switches to first person when the xeno is running through the vents.

@acrediblesource: Indeed, and I'm sure a lot of the fans would appreciate being assimilated into GBX so that they can make this game how they want. :)

Well I guess that is better than anyways, but really, we should have the option to be FPS the entire time. Since they still have time to tweak if anyone else feels this way we should let Gear Box know!! If you are a Pax please pass on that suggestions

ikarop

ikarop

There's new gameplay in this interview (I think I see Apone and Hudson in there):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZskFu286r6U#ws

Nightlord

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 02, 2012, 07:14:11 PM
There's new gameplay in this interview (I think I see Apone and Hudson in there):

Hope there's a holographic sight too, really don't like RDS.

FightFinda

Quote from: Nightlord on Sep 02, 2012, 07:36:51 PM

Hope there's a holographic sight too, really don't like RDS.

Sorry for my ignorance but, what do you mean by RDS? Also, I like your avatar and sig ;).

WinterActual

The red dots are still in and the xenos are just the 4 players, no AI xenos - another disappointment.

ShadowPred

No AI Xenos, like at all? f**king lame.

WinterActual

I don't know why is this low player count. I am wondering if its because of the consoles? But I will be surprised if thats the case because other games with more powerful engines are supporting higher player count. Infestation with just 8 players is simply boring. Why not at least 16? I will be fine with 9v9 or 10v10. Thats very good numbers for nice massacre but 4v4 is TOO LOW in any scenario!

Berserker Pred

Disappointing that the Apone skin isn't Apone with his armour on but instead him in his camo clothes. Was looking forward to playing as an armoured Apone. :(

PVTDukeMorrison

At around 2:50 in the first video, you see a marine getting saved from being grabbed

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed