Script in the works for PROM Seq

Started by draken161, Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

Author
Script in the works for PROM Seq (Read 66,398 times)

mythology

mythology

here is the alien mural that was cut form the alien movie.
http://defectiveyeti.com/images/alien_giger_big.jpg

the murals shown in Prometheus might be showing the story of the engineers as they developed this product as the creature at the end of the movie does resemble the mural more than the alien we know.

this mural might play a part in the Prometheus sequel?

somehow she will end on up the ship we know from the alien movie. that arch creature in the mural might be in the movie. after the ship crashes it might be her who sets up the distress signal for the nostromo to pick up.

who knows.

Tough little S.O.B.

Why keep looking for answers and theories about this movie?

Nobody with power of decision involved in this movie stopped for even 5 minutes into think about any continuity, logic, canon or any other relation with the old movies and the Alien universe. If anything is slightly similar or reminiscent of the other movies, is just by pure chance! I am actually amazed that they keeped the shape of the juggernaut so similar to the derelict!! That is one of the few things of the movie I can't complain about, together with David.

they changed the facehugger to a stupid calamary, the eggs now are urns (this change does not annoy me that much really), the Space Jokey changed to an ominous and gigantic creature to a gay culturist with personality disorders, humans changed from well constructed and perfectly defined characters to a bunch of irrational and dumb asholes, they just pissed on all the alien life cycle, they even changed the damm planet for no reason at all!

Really, nobody, specially Lindelof or Scott give a shit about the universe, actually, they think it was not good enough and that they could improve it. They thought they could improve one of the most rich, clever, scary and mysterious world ever created in cinema. And even more, they thought they could do it without GIVING ANY f**kING EXPLANATION ABOUT THIS NEW WORLD!!

"Gigger"? bah! i can do better!

"Alien creature, facehugger, eggs, the life cycle etc." So old....A:R and AVP movies destroyed it....THEN DONT DO ANOTHER f**kING ALIEN MOVIE, and if you do, don't pretend that any stupid idea you can come with will be better than what was done before. Bold say some...pretentious I say.

"Script and Plot" We don't need one. We have Lindelof.

I have seen prometheus like 10 times already. Really, I try and try to find something to like on it, I really try, but every time I despise it more and more.

And about the sequel. Im gonna follow every single update, news or rumor about it, and Im gona watch it at the first opportunity I have. 
But im 99.9999999999999999999999% sure that i will hate it.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Mar 06, 2013, 08:34:47 AM
Why keep looking for answers and theories about this movie?

Nobody with power of decision involved in this movie stopped for even 5 minutes into think about any continuity, logic, canon or any other relation with the old movies and the Alien universe. If anything is slightly similar or reminiscent of the other movies, is just by pure chance!

Well why would they considering this is Prometheus and not Alien 1.

Nobody's looking for answers. Some people dig the new stuff, some don't.

I'm sure if you stuck a dick and a few pipes on the jars containing the black goo everyone would be frothing about how "Giger esk" it all was.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Highland on Mar 06, 2013, 09:37:00 AMWell why would they considering this is Prometheus and not Alien 1.

The Engineers are the Space Jockeys. Same universe, same beings, completely different look. It grates, Giger or not.

Quote from: Highland on Mar 06, 2013, 09:37:00 AMI'm sure if you stuck a dick and a few pipes on the jars containing the black goo everyone would be frothing about how "Giger esk" it all was.

Speaking as one of them Giger fans that you are so blatantly pigeon-holing by this comment, I say f**k you. ;)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 06, 2013, 10:46:44 AM
Quote from: Highland on Mar 06, 2013, 09:37:00 AMWell why would they considering this is Prometheus and not Alien 1.

The Engineers are the Space Jockeys. Same universe, same beings, completely different look. It grates, Giger or not.

So? It's clearly stated in the movie that the time periods are different by a fairly hefty amount. How is it any different from the humans at Hadley's Hope compared to the humans in the Auriga. Of course that's ignoring the fact that the Alien can just change his jacket when ever he likes with no explanation what so ever other than "it looks cool".

Double standards all over the shop. It hurts my head.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Highland on Mar 06, 2013, 11:03:23 AMSo? It's clearly stated in the movie that the time periods are different by a fairly hefty amount.

Prometheus says precisely nothing about the amount of time between the derelict landing and the events on LV-223, but given whatever arbitrary time span you like, and the complete lack of story to the contrary, the derelict on LV-426 and the Juggernaut are ostensibly the same type of ship built by the same type of alien.

So why is the older one built out of bones and resinous slime and the newer one built out of steel struts and magic? A cultural shift in the Engineer race? A different, more alien branch of the species? A long defeated alien god-race?

Nope, degradation (or in other words, f**k Alien we never watched it anyway).

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 06, 2013, 12:21:39 PM

I disagree.

The designs were for all new things. For me personally, it was nice they weren't messing with the old designs. They're best left alone.

bishoop

bishoop

Quote from: Highland on Mar 05, 2013, 03:24:48 PM
Remember though the derelict in Alien had been exposed to at least one beastie that burst from the original SJ and could have morphed the inside of the ship much like Hadley's Hope.

this

i never thought the difference between the derelict in Alien and the Juggernaut in Prometheus was ever a fan issue due to the fact the derelict was probably overrun with gigantic xenos building their shit all over everything like in Aliens and that it will have all taken place thousands of years ago...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 06, 2013, 12:44:40 PM

I disagree.

The designs were for all new things. For me personally, it was nice they weren't messing with the old designs. They're best left alone.
Then why do the film-makers say the Juggernaut is a non-degraded derelict?

Quote"At first the Giger element was almost inexistent, because we really wanted architecture that looked as if it was Giger stuff but had been 'kidnapped', as if we had arrived many thousands of years before, and the Engineers place was clean, spotless."
~ David Levy, Prometheus concept artist, 2012.

And remember Conor O' Sulivan:

Quote"in Prometheus, the biomechanical details on the walls and ground [of the derelict] are much finer, better defined, because this environment is meant to be in almost mint condition. There is no sign of decay, of rust, nor of translucent slime as in Alien, because time yet hasn't had its effect."

And Arthur Max:

Quote"In Prometheus this [Engineer] technology is in perfect operating condition, while in Alien you could only see the ruins of it."

The derelict in Alien, they are saying, used to look like the interior of the Juggernaut.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 06, 2013, 01:04:57 PM
much finer, better defined,

holy shit

Quote from: Highland on Mar 06, 2013, 11:03:23 AM
Double standards all over the shop. It hurts my head.

Valaquen

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 06, 2013, 01:04:57 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 06, 2013, 12:44:40 PM

I disagree.

Then why do the film-makers say the Juggernaut is a non-degraded derelict?

Quote"At first the Giger element was almost inexistent, because we really wanted architecture that looked as if it was Giger stuff but had been 'kidnapped', as if we had arrived many thousands of years before, and the Engineers place was clean, spotless."
~ David Levy, Prometheus concept artist, 2012.

And remember Conor O' Sulivan:

Quote"in Prometheus, the biomechanical details on the walls and ground [of the derelict] are much finer, better defined, because this environment is meant to be in almost mint condition. There is no sign of decay, of rust, nor of translucent slime as in Alien, because time yet hasn't had its effect."

And Arthur Max:

Quote"In Prometheus this [Engineer] technology is in perfect operating condition, while in Alien you could only see the ruins of it."

The derelict in Alien, they are saying, used to look like the interior of the Juggernaut.

Yeah I agree with them. If you left the Juggernaut on LV-426 for millions of years it might look like the derelict. Obvious differences would still be, like the elephantine pilot looking different and the cryo-pods, but the texture of the surfaces would look degraded. 

The Juggernaut doesn't look degraded because it's not as old as the Derelict.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

No. The juggernaut simply doesn't look the same on the inside at all. Beyond repeating patterns, the patterns and the texture are very different. It has nothing to do with decay. It has to do with different design philosophies. The biomechanoid nature of the original craft was evident and apparent. It isn't in the Juggernaut, beyond the base idea that the Engineer interfaces with the craft.

Alien³

Alien³

I have no idea what's going on any more. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed