Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 282,398 times)

Richman678

I hear baywatch and pirates are reviewing pretty terrible. It could happen guys!!!!

Lol but prob not

cucuchu

Quote from: Spidey3121 on May 24, 2017, 01:27:18 AM
If the film plays exactly like Prometheus it will earn ~$88 mil, which when adjusted for inflation would be the lowest grossing film in the franchise apart from Requiem. Even if it hits $100 mil, which isn't a mathematical impossibility by any means, the only other film it would finish ahead of is Resurrection. I've probably posted a link to this page before, but check it out:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=alien.htm

That accounting for just domestic or ww in terms of lowest grossing?

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: cucuchu on May 24, 2017, 01:40:54 AM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on May 24, 2017, 01:27:18 AM
If the film plays exactly like Prometheus it will earn ~$88 mil, which when adjusted for inflation would be the lowest grossing film in the franchise apart from Requiem. Even if it hits $100 mil, which isn't a mathematical impossibility by any means, the only other film it would finish ahead of is Resurrection. I've probably posted a link to this page before, but check it out:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=alien.htm

That accounting for just domestic or ww in terms of lowest grossing?

Domestic. WW grosses are never adjusted for inflation.

SuicideDoors

The Monday gross was a steeper decline than AvP. It's not even in line to earn $80mill atm.

Anthony

Anthony

This weekend will probably be the weekend that sets Covenant's Box Office fate. Pirates and Baywatch this week alone (poor reviews aside, Pirates is tracking decently and Baywatch has Dwayne Johnson), AND it has an R rating and no IMAX and Dolby cinema after this week. If it falls hard this weekend....well, you know.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Anthony on May 24, 2017, 02:37:17 AM
This weekend will probably be the weekend that sets Covenant's Box Office fate. Pirates and Baywatch this week alone (poor reviews aside, Pirates is tracking decently and Baywatch has Dwayne Johnson), AND it has an R rating and no IMAX and Dolby cinema after this week. If it falls hard this weekend....well, you know.

The end of all life as we know it?

Ingwar

If we gonna see (I sincerely doubt) Covenant sequel I hope Scott won't be on helm. Let somebody else do it. Scott's too big for it. He's so talented but he's simply wasting his time by making another Alien movies.

bobby brown

And ours...

juxtapose

juxtapose

if it was'nt scott it might have done even worse imo, besides alot of decent movies have failed at the BO in the last year and alot of new franchises simple did not happen. .power rangers, king arthur, fantastic 4. .to name a few. .still early days. .lets hope it knocks it in china and japan. .plus the end of the month is in sight. .121 mil. .it could have done worse so far. .look at a cure for wellness. .did not even cross it's budget yet . .and it was not a bad movie. .

Denton Smalls

I think it's normal for most films to drop by 40-50% at least after one weekend, especially rated R ones. Hopefully A:C is able to make its money through longevity. If it stays solid for a month, we'll be in good shape. It won't make Deadpool money but that movie was a unicorn amongst horses.

It's good for Covenant (but bad for Johnny Depp) that Pirates isn't tracking well, but it will most likely pull big numbers from being pg-13 and more kid-friendly.

Since the home media sales don't go into effect for a couple months, I'm guessing we won't know if the next sequel is greenlit until late fall or Christmas at the earliest.

Ingwar

Covenant's second week in Australia.

1   KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD   ROADSHOW   2,326,536
2   ALIEN: COVENANT   FOX   1,981,003
3   GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2   WALT DISNEY   1,907,742
4   JOHN WICK: CHAPTER TWO   STUDIOCANAL   1,829,123
5   SNATCHED   FOX   1,624,664
6   A DOG'S PURPOSE   ENTERTAINMENT ONE   692,850
7   VICEROY'S HOUSE   TRANSMISSION   603,056
8   GET OUT   UNIVERSAL   547,768
9   THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS   UNIVERSAL   167,845
10   THE ZOOKEEPER'S WIFE   ROADSHOW   138,962

http://iris.theaureview.com/australian-box-office-report-king-arthur-reigns-supreme-with-box-office-takings/

I have the feeling that movie won't even reach 300 million in total.

gantarat

gantarat

can John Wick kill Alien ? (why release so late in Australia ?)

Kane's other son

Actually it held a bit better than Prometheus in Australia (-49.5% vs -54,8% for the second weekend). It will definitely not match Prometheus' box office performance worldwide, unless the Chinese go gaga for it, but it's a cheaper movie and will end up a modest little earner. Just. Of course, in the age of mega-blockbusters this is not the best case scenario for Fox.

Robopadna

Quote from: Denton Smalls on May 24, 2017, 10:44:10 AM
I think it's normal for most films to drop by 40-50% at least after one weekend, especially rated R ones. Hopefully A:C is able to make its money through longevity. If it stays solid for a month, we'll be in good shape. It won't make Deadpool money but that movie was a unicorn amongst horses.

It's good for Covenant (but bad for Johnny Depp) that Pirates isn't tracking well, but it will most likely pull big numbers from being pg-13 and more kid-friendly.

Since the home media sales don't go into effect for a couple months, I'm guessing we won't know if the next sequel is greenlit until late fall or Christmas at the earliest.

Covenant and pirates aren't after the same audiences really. Plus pirates, last I checked, is tracking for about 80 million. Bay watch is tracking for 40. Things can change but covenant doesn't show signs of holding.

juxtapose

we must bear in mind that it's being released in a sea of blockbusters and look at what happened to teenage mutant turtles. .out of the shadows. .was a better movie than the first. .but the former pulled it down. .i think prometheus is to blame to an extent. .even tho i loved prom. .but lets see. .way to early to tell. .i am hoping for some legs and good business in china. .i am telling u guys alot of movies are gonna fail during summer. .covenant is far from being considered a flop. .competition is way tougher than what prom had it. .they should have stucked to the august release imo .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed