Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 47,949 times)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Kradan

Kradan

AvP 2004 gets bonus points for coming up with a unique way to get rid of its main Alien antagonist by drowning the Queen in the depths of Antarctic waters. Guess it's hard to blow something out of the airlock when you're on Earth

@E. Shaw , what's going on with your avatar ?

[cancerblack]

I always assumed the pressure got her, not the lack of air.

Kradan

I used "drowning" incorrectly, didn't I ?

Good point about the pressure

E. Shaw

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 31, 2024, 08:05:40 PMAvP 2004 gets bonus points for coming up with a unique way to get rid of its main Alien antagonist by drowning the Queen in the depths of Antarctic waters. Guess it's hard to blow something out of the airlock when you're on Earth

@E. Shaw , what's going on with your avatar ?

I agree, everything about the confrontation with the Queen in sublime in AVP.

I am testing some avatars of E. Shaw to see how they look once uploaded.

Kradan

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 31, 2024, 08:10:34 PMI am testing some avatars of E. Shaw to see how they look once uploaded.

OK then, for a moment I was worried your profile had been hijacked by a malevolent AI

E. Shaw

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 31, 2024, 08:19:52 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 31, 2024, 08:10:34 PMI am testing some avatars of E. Shaw to see how they look once uploaded.

OK then, for a moment I was worried your profile had been hijacked by a malevolent AI

I keep Cortana offline. :D

[cancerblack]

I think the current one is good.

E. Shaw

[cancerblack]

The planet/halo Shaw avatar.

E. Shaw

SM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 31, 2024, 08:06:38 PMI always assumed the pressure got her, not the lack of air.

Possibly.  But the water is less than 100m deep.

[cancerblack]

Really? I guess I assumed it was pretty deep coz of how the shot looks or something.

She's probably fine then, unfortunately.

SM

In the film it looks deep yeah, but it's literally the shoreline of Bouvetoya, so it's not going to be some abyssal trench.

Bouvetoya is literally in the wrong place in the film however, so make of that what you will.

SiL

Unless the separator was built on an ice shelf out over the side of the island that reached to the deeper waters and yeah nah that's as far as I can try to justify that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed